EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Pre-Beta

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-08-2004, 05:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Requiem Interface

Hi I am gimik and I'm going to keep it short and simple.

Just tonight I decided to join the bandwagon and maybe design and mod my own UI. I seen some people keep the eq2 "woodsy" look but I wanted to do something a little more techno-ish and dark. Something that would look almost like the dashboard of some frickin mecha or something. I wanted a dark metal tone for the borders and edges and accent it with night-glo type lights and gauges. I have already had some people tell me "oh well that just doesn't go well with the whole eq2 theme"... I know that! But the UI is made to be customized, and I wanted a UI for myself (and my guild was always hoping for..) that was dark with high contrast information modules to make viewing this game for hours on end a pleasent experience, and just a interface that looked really cool.

So this is where my journey starts.

Wish me luck and give me some tips (since I'm quite newb). Critiscism is good too, just don't be too harsh *whimper* .

[note] Also I named the UI "requiem" after my MMO guild. Pretty much taking ideas from them and stuff, so I could do something they'd like. Plus it sorta matches the dark tone of the skin.

First on my attack list: The Compass.

Last edited by gimik : 12-08-2004 at 05:22 AM.