EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-25-2004, 04:41 PM
A Brown Bear

Question 2 questions. 1) strategy? 2) will archetype system work?

Dear Community,

Hopefully my questions are not naive. I am new to the EQ community. (a little historical info - I used to enjoy playing Dungeons and Dragons when younger and my friend and I created our own roleplaying game called "the game." The details of "the game" where more creative than the title, seriously. RPG's have always been my favorite type of video game) I'm looking forward to getting involved in EQII. I only played EQ for about the 3 past weeks.

Anyway, here are some questions,
1) Will EQII offer strategic and creative playing? or will it require alot of rote effort?

2) I am wondering what other gamers think about the following.
When characters of various classes get to higher levels will they all still be valuable and powerful players in a group? In other words, with respect to the high level characters, will some classes become more powerful and valuable while other classes become weak and insignificant?
If each class is still significant and valuable to a group, offering unique benefits (perhaps further conditioned by the users temperment and skill), that's awesome and I hope this is the case. Do you think in EQII high level characters in each class will each have unique worthwhile abilities?

I would like to hear any opinions, expectations or speculation on this. Also - experienced EQ players - I would love to hear your opinions on this and how is was in EQ 1.

-overman

Last edited by Overman : 10-25-2004 at 04:42 PM. Reason: change title