EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 08-05-2009, 09:49 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Help With Location Effectors

Hello All - I was reading a thread about a sliding browser window and have an idea for another mod, however being a non-coder, I need an example to go by... I've looked around for a mod that uses location effectors to learn from but cant find one... can someone point me to an example or post a "how to"?

What I'm trying to do is:

I'm interested in making a window "slide" vertically down into view on mouseover of the titlebar, mouseOut and it would slide back up only leaving the titlebar visible...

any help would be most appreciated!
Unread 08-05-2009, 10:54 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefang View Post
Hello All - I was reading a thread about a sliding browser window and have an idea for another mod, however being a non-coder, I need an example to go by... I've looked around for a mod that uses location effectors to learn from but cant find one... can someone point me to an example or post a "how to"?
Erm, you just pointed out an example yourself.
Unread 08-05-2009, 10:58 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

You may be interested in getting the animated effect of the sliding window, if so ignore the rest of this.

If you just want the action to result in opening a window and then collapsing it to show just title bar on MouseOut, you could do a simple mod to any Fetish window to tie the MouseIn and Out to the Collapse button already present on most windows.

Just position the window where the title bar needs to be and the window would be opened by hovering over the titlebar and then leaving the window area would collapse it again.
Unread 08-05-2009, 03:01 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Thanks for the replies - perhaps I'm asking the wrong question, so I'll try to be more clear

I am familiar with making a window resize on mouseover... but have never used a Location Effector to accomplish this... nor do I fully understand their use...

so I guess what I'm after is : whats a Location Effector and how is it used?