EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 05-08-2005, 09:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default EQ2 Custom Interface Commands

Hello. First post Anways, I was making a custom UI, and couldn't figure out how to launch a command from a button or text command. How would I find the commands and then use them, i.e. push a button to start combat, or type /attack to start combat?

If both of these questions were answered, that'd be great. Especially the second one. But most importantly is finding the commands and executing them.

P.S. I know it's possible, you can open the inventory with "I". If I can't use strings like /attack, that's fine, but how would I use a single letter if not a string?
Unread 05-08-2005, 09:25 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Well this may be of some use and maybe not... most of what your wanting to do can only be done via "macros" in game

BUT.... if you have a button on your UI you can set it to "on press" stopeat follow stopfollow showhood...... etc, etc,

Alough the follow dont seem to be working atm , same as damn links to items Grrr ...

So combat and casting spells via a button yes and no , if you had the same spell and attack whatever mapped to the same hotkey all the time then it is possible yes... If not then no .... Sorry as the regular guys / galls on here know me not very good at expaining stuff (even spelling lmao)... Hope this helps a bit if not I am sure Dc, or somebody else will clarify the info here for your use
Unread 05-08-2005, 09:28 PM
Bellum Aeternus
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Unkown

Make a button that contains OnPress="(command) (command)" You have to repeat it, because, well, you do. You can find a list of commands around here somewhere, but attack is /autoattack on and inventory is /show_window inventory.Inventory.

P.S. oh and don't include the /

P.P.S. Here's an example OnHoverIn="autoattack=(off) autoattack=(off) useability=(Sneak) useability=(Sneak)"

Last edited by hirebrand : 05-08-2005 at 09:33 PM.
Unread 05-09-2005, 11:10 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks a lot guys! This helps a lot
Unread 05-09-2005, 11:29 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ah, hey, this indirectly helps me out with something completely unrelated...but...

would it be possible to setup a macro that would call up the same thing as the EQII menu button/start button? the reason I want that is placing the button on my current layout means it's just...well...in the way and ... well lets just say I'd rather put it on a spare hotbar I have in a corner for all my misc abilities and commands and such. So, if I could attach a command similar to the /show_window command to open up the start menu instead and put it on a macro that could be then places on that hotbar, I'd be a very happy.
Unread 05-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Bellum Aeternus

Server: Unkown

Well you could do a "Mainhud.Startbutton.whatever.Active=(True)" but that would not be a command... hmm.

Also check out StatBar for a smaller start button

http://eq2interface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=3451
Unread 05-09-2005, 04:14 PM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

Hotbutton macro: /show_window MainHUD.StartMenu

Might not show up where you want it to, though.