EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 05-27-2008, 11:38 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Everfrost
Question Tracking Window bug, several guildies have it too

Since the last update my scouts have had a little problem. I complained about it to a few friends and slowly realized that only a few of us seem to have this bug. The tracking window con filter buttons are replaced with a ridiculously hard to see THING. Me and at least two guildies are having this problem, but several friends still have the default buttons.

This is a screenshot of the window in Neriak. The red con button is deselected, but you can hardly tell.

I don't have any tracking mods installed, but I tried installing one to replace the default weird thing I'm seeing. The buttons still looked like that, so I deleted it. I've tried a full file scan, and I've replaced my default/images/widgets01.dds file with one a friend gave me, and it fixed nothing. Does anybody have a clue what else I can try? Been wanting to level my swashy lately and this is driving me nuts, I can barely tell when a con is filtered or not

Thanks for any help you can give!
Unread 05-27-2008, 12:24 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

I am not sure which UI your tracking window came from, but the FetishNightFall tracking window uses widgets02.dds and the sourcerect for that is a circle. It implies \images\widgets02.dds which does not reside in the FetishNightFall\Images directory. Therefore, it gets it from Default\images directory.

The Default\images\widgets01.dds does return that wierd symbol from the same sourcerect.

If you have a version of widget01.dds distributed with your UI mod that is intended to override the default it should reside in your UI's \images directory. If not found there, the UI will load it from the Default\images directory.

The attached code snippet may help to get your tracking window back in shape.

Code:
<ImageStyle Filter="true" Name="Unchecked">
        <ImageFrame Name="image" Source="images/widgets02.dds" SourceRect="192,215,204,227" />
</ImageStyle>
    <ImageStyle Filter="true" Name="Checked">
        <ImageFrame Name="image" Source="images/widgets02.dds" SourceRect="168,214,180,226" />
</ImageStyle>
Hope this helps.
Unread 05-27-2008, 01:54 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

I direct you to the official forums and a post by Rothgar late last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothgar
This should have been hotfixed quite awhile ago. I'm not quite sure why this is still a problem on live servers but I will find out Tuesday morning and get it fixed.
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/p...418905#4674106
Unread 05-27-2008, 04:52 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Everfrost

Thank you very much! I use a mix and match UI from several pieces on this site, and have never had problems with it before. Hopefully the upcoming hotfix should make it all better!