EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 06-24-2024, 11:55 AM
A Sea Turtle

Default EQ2 Origins - Anashti Sul server help

Hello, friends! I've just joined the EQ2 Origins Anashti Sul server. It's on its own servers so one has to copy the entire EQ2 directory into a new folder, EQII Origins or somesuch.

I've done this, and DrumsUI works beautifully. I love the straightforwardness of this UI for healers. The problem is that each time I log out, DrumsUI 'forgets' the settings of the Origins Eliana, and uses the LIVE/TLE Eliana.

What folders do I need to delete to prevent this from continuing? Or do I just need to do a fresh reinstall of Drums into the new EQII Origins directory?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Eliana at Anashti Sul server
Unread 06-25-2024, 04:20 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
Hello, friends! I've just joined the EQ2 Origins Anashti Sul server. It's on its own servers so one has to copy the entire EQ2 directory into a new folder, EQII Origins or somesuch.

I've done this, and DrumsUI works beautifully. I love the straightforwardness of this UI for healers. The problem is that each time I log out, DrumsUI 'forgets' the settings of the Origins Eliana, and uses the LIVE/TLE Eliana.

What folders do I need to delete to prevent this from continuing? Or do I just need to do a fresh reinstall of Drums into the new EQII Origins directory?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Eliana at Anashti Sul server
I haven't played Origins (yet), but make sure your game isn't installed somewhere like Program Files, because those folders tend to be read-only and so it can cause issues.

Also, are you camping out or just using /exit? Camping out will preserve your settings, /exit will put you back to your unsaved settings iirc.
Unread 06-26-2024, 05:33 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinvore View Post
I haven't played Origins (yet), but make sure your game isn't installed somewhere like Program Files, because those folders tend to be read-only and so it can cause issues.

Also, are you camping out or just using /exit? Camping out will preserve your settings, /exit will put you back to your unsaved settings iirc.
Hi, and thank you for your reply. I /camp, but found the solution to the problem. In my EQ2 Origins folder I renamed the POI to "OLD-POI," then renamed "POI_Origins" to "POI." Tested, and the Origins Server scheme saved to the Origins dir. I now am able to play both the Origins server and the English/TLE/Live servers seamlessly.