EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 04-18-2007, 08:30 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Managing recipe filters by character instead of globally?

I've got filters set for my armorer that divide his recipes by type of tier, type of item and rarity.

I've got the following progressioni in my dropdown filter list, for example:
T1 HA (T1 Heavy Armor)
T1 MA (T1 Medium Armor)
T1 LA (T1 Light Armor)
T1 VA (T1 Very Light Armor)
T1 HA R (T1 Heavy Armor, Rare)
etc.

This of course doesn't cover the T1 and T2 weapons filters that I also have as an armorer.

As you can imagine this means my dropdown is quite full, but that by itself would be fine.

The problem I have is that I do the same sort of thing for all my various trades, and when I'm on my carpenter the armorer filters get all mixed in because the filters are global to the account and not automatically sorted by character/trade.

I don't know how EQ2 stores these filters, locally or on the server, but do any of developers think it would be possible for a mod to 'filter' and display the filters by character/trade instead of just showing all that exist for an account?

If such is possible, what about an even more ambitious filter system where you could, for example, sort fighter essence recipes by class (Berserker, Guardian, etc.) or weapon recipes by by 1H, 2H or DW, or even supplement this by piercing, slashing, etc.?

Last edited by MadTexan : 04-18-2007 at 09:54 AM.
Unread 04-19-2007, 12:23 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The recipe filters are stored on your computer in the Everquest II folder in the eq2_recipe_filter.vdl file. It's just a txt file.

The easiest thing would be to make different eq2_recipe_filter.vdl files and swap them in before you load the game.

Quote:
If such is possible, what about an even more ambitious filter system where you could, for example, sort fighter essence recipes by class (Berserker, Guardian, etc.) or weapon recipes by by 1H, 2H or DW, or even supplement this by piercing, slashing, etc.?
I'm pretty sure this information isn't available in the UI. Scholars ask for this feature a lot in the Tradeskills forum though.

Last edited by Othesus : 04-19-2007 at 12:30 AM.
Unread 04-19-2007, 02:48 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othesus View Post
The recipe filters are stored on your computer in the Everquest II folder in the eq2_recipe_filter.vdl file. It's just a txt file.

The easiest thing would be to make different eq2_recipe_filter.vdl files and swap them in before you load the game.
Thanks for the tip.

Considering how they are stored, would it not then be possible to mod an interface that allows you to filter your filters in game?

Last edited by MadTexan : 04-26-2007 at 05:58 AM.