EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 08-12-2005, 02:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default weapon quick swap

just curious if there is a way to do this. or if its possible to create a ui for it?
swg, l2, wow all have this option. you put your weapons in your hotbar and just click what you want. i find playing a tank very difficult without this option.
i prefer to fight with a 2h but when it gets ugly i need to get that 1h and shield up fast. and having to search my inventory just doesnt cut it.

any ideas?
If this isn't currently possible, could anyone that sees this post and would like that addition to the game, please do a quick in game feedback asking for it

Judis of FoK
Unread 08-12-2005, 02:45 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

Theoretically you could do it, as there is a /equip command, but nobody I am aware of has been able to figure out how it works.

So as it stands, it is not possible.
Unread 08-12-2005, 02:49 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus
Theoretically you could do it, as there is a /equip command, but nobody I am aware of has been able to figure out how it works.

So as it stands, it is not possible.

that is the answer i didnt want to hear

ok so mext is there any macro ideas? im very new to this game so any help is much appreciated.
can someone help me figure out a macro for
2h weapon to 1h/shield and 1h/shield to 2h. that would be a life saver.
Unread 08-12-2005, 03:00 PM
A Griffon

You can't, like I just said.

/equip = no work = no macros
Unread 08-12-2005, 03:49 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

It would only work out of combat any ways, becuase there is a slight delay that the game makes you wait before switching other items out in combat and being there is not pause/wait command its just simply can't be done.
Unread 08-12-2005, 03:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
It would only work out of combat any ways, becuase there is a slight delay that the game makes you wait before switching other items out in combat and being there is not pause/wait command its just simply can't be done.

a few second delay with a macro is better than me searching through my bags for my shield and or 1h but thats just my opinion.
guess im just used to 1 way and now have to adapt. thanks for the replies.

Last edited by judis : 08-12-2005 at 03:59 PM.
Unread 08-12-2005, 04:06 PM
A Griffon

You missed his point

You can't equip more then 1 item every 5 seconds when you're in combat. That means your shield equip line wouldn't work at all. There's no way to say "Do command A, wait 5 seconds, then do command B"

So you'd never be able to auto-equip the shield AND sword at the same time.
Unread 08-12-2005, 04:09 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

thats just it, there is no delay command. I guess you could have a macro for prime and one for second.

Also the way EQ2 works, You would have to know what bag and slot the item was in that you wanted to switch out, so you would have to do unequip 17( that may not be the correct item number) and it would go to the 1st free bag slot. The if the equip command worked ( witch it don't) you would /equip 1 2 2 ( inventory, bag 2 slot 2; I think thats how it is supose to work). The trouble you would run into would be when you go to switch back. When you /unequip 17 again it would go to the 1st free bag slot, witch wouldn't be the same as where the key was programed to look for it in the 1st place..

This has been tried a 100 times over and no one has been able to get it to work. As far as i know, no one has been able to get the equip commnad to work.

Feel free to give it a go, If you get it working please inform us. Trust me, being a tank I would love a macro that would switch items a press of at button=)

Last edited by Landiin : 08-12-2005 at 04:12 PM.
Unread 08-12-2005, 04:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus
You missed his point

You can't equip more then 1 item every 5 seconds when you're in combat. That means your shield equip line wouldn't work at all. There's no way to say "Do command A, wait 5 seconds, then do command B"

So you'd never be able to auto-equip the shield AND sword at the same time.
no i understand what you guys are saying i just dont want to accept it :P
to bad soe cant patch in like a weapon slot with like an a/b flip command.
1a=2h and 2a=1h,2b=shield and u can just press either the #1 or #2 button and it equips whats in the slot/s

anyway thanks for the input guys. since were all here do any of u have any useful tips for a noob paladin. ie. macros that you use, foods, anything