EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 04-28-2005, 02:24 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye
Default Laffs alt Perdition Bottom TyeJae (Start Menu)

Just uploaded and alt config for the player, casting window and start menu buttons in the main download...

Of those of you that will be using this alt setup what other buttons would you like to see in the start menu window? as there is space for another 2 rows of them at least....

Or I could put percent values for tradeskill exp back in there and have a toggle button that would switch between showing the tradeskill exp % and the other 2 rows of buttons..

Any surgestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	2531  
Unread 04-28-2005, 07:07 PM
A Griffon

Going to be working on this a bit in approx 16 hours from now.... Any requests / ideas? Or do I just do the inevitble and hijack all Goldie's start button ideas hehe
Unread 04-28-2005, 07:55 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Going to be working on this a bit in approx 16 hours from now.... Any requests / ideas? Or do I just do the inevitble and hijack all Goldie's start button ideas hehe
I have the oppurtunity to ask for anything and cant think of 1 thing to add.
Unread 04-28-2005, 08:33 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Ok I got 4 things

1. Under the clock Socials, CSM and Map show up when using the new start button thing you did. I like the Start at the top left like you just made but the buttons dont have top be under the clock anymore. So maybe take them out and put the taken out version under alts.

(I know u can cancel them out buy clikin the clock and do no frames but then theres a huge gap there. Just get rid of the 3 buttons but leave the frames the same.)

2. The maintained window makes it seem like there is room for another icon to the right rather than skipping down a row. Maybe add a cm of space to allow there to be 6 icons a row rather than 5 ?

3. Not sure if this can be fixed but havent seen anyone mention it. When you use the cool zoning mod where you can type and stuff while zoning there is a problem 25% of the time with me at least. When I zone it gets up to the screen below but does not load the UI. I have entered the new zone, I can talk in say and people in that zone see me. Only thing is that im frozen there and have to camp out. Heres a pic of what it hangs on. After it sitting there for 5 min, it will boot me to character select.

4. I love the new casting bar thing at the bottom now. Only thing is that when not casting its just a black square and looks outta place. I love it regardless but it needs something. I have no ideas though.

Edited : Just noticed you said you would be working on the start button things, not the mod in general lol. So I guess only item 1 would fit under that category. I checked out Goldi's start button mods and think that u can add a few of the icon type things below the current clicky's already there. The notes icon seems cool.

Last edited by nikecmh : 04-28-2005 at 08:42 PM.
Unread 04-29-2005, 08:51 AM
A Griffon

I had already removed the buttons on the clock but forgot to put the file in with the rest of them LOL

Yes I know what you mean with the space for an extra icon in the maintained window BUT they follow a volume page and works out that when you drag the maintained part of the window up to show all 30 (if you had 30 cast on you that is) it will display as a square, If I change the sizes then I gotta change it all, that means a lot of work to get them all to fit back in square again,Also that was a real pain set up to do what I wanted it to do in the first place lol

Nobody said anything about the zoning problem either, Does it do it everytime you zone? If so you probably better off not using it untill I find out more about it .. Only things changed to that file is the location of the eq2 logo and the zoning bar and the color... and also 2 propertys set to "true" or was it false ? lol dunno off top of my head... Anyway file to remove is "eq2ui_hud_zoning.xml"

Casting thing yes I know it does look rather bland when you not casting or underwater.. Problem is whatever I put in there is going to be visible also whilst your casting.... Having a think about this one still... Maybe I could show a bar in there all the time and whilst casting just have like a horizontal line move up the bar, hard to explain... A bit like the altitude gauge on an aircraft if you like..... I dunno I will toy with some stuff

Start button.... Well Goldi got some kool stuff in her's and some of the ideas will sneek in I thinks... As for the notes yups a damn good mod BUT a potential CS nightmare lol...... I do know of a way based on Ger's parser that would make things easier maybe.... Again I will have a think about it...

Thanks for the feedback / surgestions
Unread 04-30-2005, 11:48 AM
A Brown Bear

Come to think of it, I am kinda a vane person, instead of the Tradeskill exp( in which I should do but dont), I would like to see my name and level/class in a nice large font w/shadows in that area. I have tried to do it myself, however, it never seems to work properly. Now I dont want you to take any extra time out for my self gratifying ways, only if it is a easy task I ask. Thanks a bunch
Unread 04-30-2005, 12:19 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zheen
Come to think of it, I am kinda a vane person, instead of the Tradeskill exp( in which I should do but dont), I would like to see my name and level/class in a nice large font w/shadows in that area. I have tried to do it myself, however, it never seems to work properly. Now I dont want you to take any extra time out for my self gratifying ways, only if it is a easy task I ask. Thanks a bunch
If Laffs doesn't get to this I can, shouldn't be too hard. Do you have Arial or should I stick with lame Zapf (Times New Roman). I been meaning to get to downloading Laffs UI for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Problem is whatever I put in there is going to be visible also whilst your casting.... Having a think about this one still... Maybe I could show a bar in there all the time and whilst casting just have like a horizontal line move up the bar, hard to explain... A bit like the altitude gauge on an aircraft if you like..... I dunno I will toy with some stuff
Is the casting window always on? Just an idea but maybe you can do a dummy page with a background that matches the rest of the stuff, hides during casting. Quick thought fer now
Unread 04-30-2005, 12:37 PM
A Griffon

Me have done it the casting page is always shown , me put a dummy bar background in there.... There is an update to the alt windows pending DC so if you would like to hang on untill you get that version as it is quite different to the last one
Unread 04-30-2005, 02:41 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Absolutely Beautiful. With the options to toggle, Craft and guild xp, that was awesome.

Love the background now for the casting bar. Is there anyway for it to have a % left on casting a spell. Like I start to cast Call of Qeynos and it goes 1% 10% etc ?
Unread 04-30-2005, 04:51 PM
A Griffon

I tried to do that but the data just isnt there , that would have been kool and match in nice with the other gauges but not to be lol.

The guild and trade exp needs a bit of a clean up Going to do that tomorrow.

I have also removed the button backgrounds on the 2nd button page now so they look the same as the static ones , Much better being able to see the proper background through them than just plain old gray..

I still have some plans for this window mod likes... I know 2 of them will work NP but not so sure on the others.

And btw thanks for your kind comment