EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 02-23-2010, 07:34 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Unkown
Default In Game Browser codt

I'm only putting this here because I have never used any UI except Fetish from the start. This may not even be a fetish issue but I thought I would post it so Zonx can check it out.

When using the in game browser, no matter if you click it from the main menu or from a letter on a examine screen or journal, it will crash the game to desktop if you close the browser window BEFORE the page finishes loading. If you press the stop button to stop the page then it wont crash when you close it. If you wait for the page to finish, it wont crash. Only if you close it while the page is loading and the stop button has not greyed out yet.

Like I said, may not be a UI issue. Am curious if others are seeing this or if its just me.
Unread 02-23-2010, 10:50 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Not a problem on my end. I don't think I've ever had a CDT closing the in-game browser.

In fact the only thing that seams to cause issues for me or Mrs Fetish is the in-game voice chat... tends to conflict with some sound card and vent setups and has nothing to do with the UI.
Unread 02-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

There are issues with the in-game browser causing a psuedo CTD. In my experience it always happens if I have firefox open at any point while EQ2's browser is running and then close firefox. Then closing the in-game browser results in a "encountered a problem and needs to close" pop-up and the gamma gets reset to where it's like the game is not running. The funny thing is you can just drag the error box to the side and keep playing -- everything works *except* the in-game browser.

I haven't tested it with the default browser yet. I've just gone to avoiding ever using the in-game browser and just using a real browser (since I play windowed).
Unread 02-23-2010, 09:35 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Lol, is that what's causing the error to pop, Mozilla crashing in-game?

I'm not typically fielding with browsers out of game while in game, but I did see that same deal happen once. A crash dialog pops, but I continue to run fine for hours, zoning and what not.

Can't say I'm too surprised since the in-game browser is an implementation of Mozilla. It's probably just to stupid to know the external "close Mozilla Window" wasn't directed at it.

At any rate, totally not a custom UI issue.
Unread 02-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx View Post
Lol, is that what's causing the error to pop, Mozilla crashing in-game?

I'm not typically fielding with browsers out of game while in game, but I did see that same deal happen once. A crash dialog pops, but I continue to run fine for hours, zoning and what not.

Can't say I'm too surprised since the in-game browser is an implementation of Mozilla. It's probably just to stupid to know the external "close Mozilla Window" wasn't directed at it.

At any rate, totally not a custom UI issue.
Aye -- the crash dialog will pop up, but you can just drag it off to the side and keep playing. It's just some strange thing in EQ2's implementation of the browser getting tangled with the full version of the browser. I've just learned not to use the in-game browser and the regular one at the same time, hehe.