Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 05-23-2005, 12:38 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost
Default Milquetowst Guild Window

This mod's obsolete. Sorry.

-- Darryl

Last edited by DBurgdorf : 01-04-2006 at 09:31 PM.
Unread 05-23-2005, 01:42 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown

BTW, default font is Zapf (aka Times New Roman)

Oh, and it looks almost EXACTLY like Ajenia's Condenced Guild Window except for the readded Guild/Self status labes and the new Writs tab.

*shrug*
Unread 05-23-2005, 02:27 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_roenfanz
BTW, default font is Zapf (aka Times New Roman)
The font I used on the roster list is 14-point Arial, not 15-point Zapf. I changed the font used for character names to match the font used for everything else on the list, to help compact things.

Quote:
Oh, and it looks almost EXACTLY like Ajenia's Condenced Guild Window except for the readded Guild/Self status labes and the new Writs tab.
Elice's mod was my source for many of the main page changes. (And in fact, she says she's now using my mod instead of her own, as she likes the additional changes I made.) Jaxel's guild window mod was my source for some of the roster page changes. *Shrug* As I said, part of what I did was take pieces I liked from other mods and combine them.

-- Darryl
Unread 05-25-2005, 07:15 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

When message of the day is more than 5 or 6 lines it is not displayed completely

Can you scroll down in the message box ? Change size of message box ?

Regards
Unread 05-25-2005, 07:59 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khurgan
When message of the day is more than 5 or 6 lines it is not displayed completely. Can you scroll down in the message box ? Change size of message box ?
The divider between the MotD and the events listing is actually a slider; you can increase the size of the MotD display if you've got a multi-line Message of the Day by moving the slider down a bit.

-- Darryl
Unread 05-26-2005, 08:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks a lot !

Great work ...
Unread 06-06-2005, 12:39 AM
A Griffon

I've made some rather significant changes in the version I just uploaded.

Most significantly, the "Writs" info tab now includes nearly-complete lists of all writs for both Qeynos and Freeport factions, as well as a list of heritage quests, and the new "Rewards" info tab provides lists of the various rewards available to you as your guild gains levels. (I liked the way the subtabs I added to my Help window mod turned out, and so decided to use them here, too.)

I've also removed the experience bar to save space, and moved the new "Don't generate guild events" toggle to the main page.

(For the record, I really hate that the devs added that new toggle in the first place, I hate even more that they hid it on a page that most players have no reason ever to look at, and hate most of all that they set it to default to being checked.)

-- Darryl
Unread 06-26-2005, 09:11 AM
A Griffon

Well, I put the guild exp bar back in version 1.23 (just uploaded), but did it without taking up any space.

If you mouse over the guild status section of the window, a small guild exp bar will appear beneath the line showing the guild's level, in place of the line showing the guild's formation date.

-- Darryl
Unread 09-12-2005, 08:15 AM
A Griffon

I've just uploaded an update to my guild window; it's now compatible with LU13 and DoF.

I've also updated and expanded the information content a bit. Most noticeably, I've added a list of housing costs to the "rewards" section. It should be noted that the prices on that list are the prices currently on the Test server, which should be going live either today or tomorrow. For those who don't already know, the costs of 3- and 5-room houses are being reduced DRAMATICALLY.

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Unread 10-08-2005, 12:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default LU14 appears to have borked the scrolling

Hello,
It appears that LU14 made some changes that wacked the scrolling of the guild roster page in the UI. Everything else seems to working as in intended. Didin't know if anyone had reported this to yet or if anyone else is having the same issue.

Thanks for almost 10 years of your programming expertise
Unread 10-08-2005, 03:08 PM
A Coastal Crab

Hello

I have the same problem here with the guild rooster.
Unread 10-09-2005, 12:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

agree, both my boyfriend and i got the same problem
can only see about 13 member (all with notes)

thanks for that great mod, keep the good work )
Unread 10-09-2005, 10:19 PM
A Griffon

Yep, the scrolling problem is a known issue. I hope to figure out what's gotten messed up and get it fixed within the next day or two. LU14 was just badly scheduled, as I've had almost no free time this past week.

-- Darryl
Unread 10-13-2005, 01:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I really enjoy this mod right now our guild only has about seventeen members and I keep the guild set at "Members online now" so the seeing only 13 members is something I can live with for now. But I do look forward to an update on this to fix that. But again for now I'll live -grin- I simply enjoy this mod way too much (As well as the Journal mod, great job on them both).
Unread 10-14-2005, 11:51 PM
A Griffon

OK, yes, my modding time has been very limited recently, but still, I should have been able to get the guild window updated by now....

However, I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall!

I've got the damned guild roster modded so that it *should* work. The scroll bar works just fine, and IF THE SCROLL BAR IS AT THE TOP, you can select a member or edit comments just as you're supposed to. But if, gods forbid, the scrollbar ISN'T at the top, then any attempt to select a member puts the selection box elsewhere, and you can't edit comments, because (for lack of a better description) the roster list itself still acts as though the scrollbar *is* at the top. (What you're seeing is what you're supposed to see, but what the roster *thinks* is being displayed, is apparently what's at the top of the list.)

I don't know if that description makes much sense, but I'm hoping someone will recognize the symptoms and be able to point me in the right direction. 'Cause for the life of me, I'm having a b*tch of a time trying to figure it out. I've gone over the code line by line, and while there are of course inconsequential differences like locations, I can't find *any* significant differences between the code for the roster in the default window and the code for the roster in my own window.

-- Darryl
Unread 10-16-2005, 05:29 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Runnyeye

Nah dont bother I've removed all mods Iam using atm and it happens even with original guild window.....
Unread 10-16-2005, 09:35 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klattu
It happens even with original guild window....
*Sigh* You're right. The roster in the default guild window (fails to) work in exactly the same was as does the roster in my version.

For two freakin' weeks I've been fighting with this, as time permitted, and it hadn't occurred to me to make sure that the default window actually worked. I should have known better than to simply trust the devs' comment in the patch notes two weeks ago stating that the guild roster scroll bar had been fixed.

There are a couple of other very minor tweaks I want to take care of, but now that I know the scrolling problem *isn't* something I can fix, I should have the updated Milquetowst Guild Window out tomorrow. And once the default window's scrollbar really is fixed, I'll implement the same fix on mine.

-- Darryl
Unread 10-17-2005, 05:04 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBurgdorf
*Sigh* You're right. The roster in the default guild window (fails to) work in exactly the same was as does the roster in my version.

For two freakin' weeks I've been fighting with this, as time permitted, and it hadn't occurred to me to make sure that the default window actually worked. I should have known better than to simply trust the devs' comment in the patch notes two weeks ago stating that the guild roster scroll bar had been fixed.

-- Darryl
See Zonx's post . He spoke to a dev at SOE and they were not aware that it was broke, which is incredible if you think about it. Do they not even go into their own game?

Anyway, they said it was to be fixed in a patch this week.

I'm still having problems with the newest heritage quest preventing scroll-back once you select it. Did you ever get anywhere with it?

Thanks for all you do, D. I appreciate it very much. You and Zonx are my favorite authors.

Last edited by Fait : 10-17-2005 at 05:06 AM.
Unread 10-29-2005, 06:53 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

On the Guild Roster Scroll issue -

The Scroll bar on my window (which was using your mod) doesn't allow me to scroll up and down at all. It's just one large bar on the right hand side. I can use the Mouse wheel to scroll up and down, but unable to see any members past like 9 ...

I uninstalled your guild window and can now scroll and see all members, but have to use the Arrow keys to scroll down if I want to select any members on the lower pages. This is because if I click on one of the members on the lower pages, it will jump to the top.
Unread 11-01-2005, 04:04 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

our dear SOE dev are supposed to have fixed the guild windows now

please please please can you fix your super one now
Unread 11-19-2005, 07:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Sorry for the bump, but anyone got news from DBurgdorf ?
those mods are really good, i hope he is not gone

i tryed to look the code, wondering how it was made, i don't understand a things, it's alien language to me.

pretty please,
come back !