EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 08-21-2005, 06:12 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default AutoUpdaterStoppedWorking

Hello, I downloaded the autoupdater yesterday and after updating to NetFrame 2.0, it worked just fine and I played for hours. After logging off last night and trying to start back up today I keep getting this message, EQ2MAP_Updater.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. I have tried restarting my computer and uninstalling and reinstalling the autoupdater and nothing works. It's just really strange because it worked fine yesterday...should I just stick with the manual updater? I was thinking maybe it was because NetFrame 2.0 is still in beta, but why would it work once and not again...
Unread 08-21-2005, 07:26 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

you can try using the file posted on the first post at this thread (make sure you put the file in the right place)
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2624
if it doesnt work just delete the file. its getting late(5:30am) and i should go to bed, but i will check back when i wake up to see if it worked for you.
Unread 08-21-2005, 02:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok I tried adding that file and when I ran it this time it told me that I needed to have the curren Netframe version which I have. I installed the manual version and that's working just fine. I'd like to be able to run the autoupdater though.
Unread 08-21-2005, 04:01 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

sounds like your .net framework install is messed up, you can try uninstalling it and then re-installing to see if that will fix it. however alot of times when installs get corrupter for .net uninstall/reinstall wont always work.
Unread 08-21-2005, 07:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I wonder if it's because NetFrame 2.0 is still in beta? Can I just install the newest non beta version over it? Messing with NetFrame is new to me so I don't know what I can and can't do and I'm not certain how to uninstall it. Thanks for all the feedback. Oh, also when I updated to 2.0 it recomended that I download the security updates that go along with it and not knowing what those updates were I didn't load them. Not sure that would have anything to do with my problem or not.
Unread 08-21-2005, 08:24 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

try uninstalling and then reinstalling the 2.0 and then installing the security updates, you can also try reinstalling the 1.1 version of the .net framework first.
Unread 08-22-2005, 01:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

It's fixed! I ran the windows autoupdate program to check for anything I was missing as I wasn't sure the names of the files I needed. Somehow my windows automatic update had been messed up and after fixing that and getting a slew of updates for XP I reinstalled the automap updater again and it works perfectly. I didn't even have to reinstall or remove netframe 2.0. Thanks for all your feedback and hopefully this can help others having problems. This thing is awesome keep up the good work!