EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 02-06-2005, 11:11 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unrest
Default Player UI Mod - I created one... but with a bug that I can't figure out how to fix.

So I released 4 different mods for the player box ranging from showing your coin to showing coin, location coordinates, HP stats, and power stats.

But there's a bug that I can't seem to understand. I've taken the mainHUD player xml item and dropped it into its own folder and told EQ2 to load up using that UI, and it will fill the concentration bubbles just fine, but the moment that I add a new element of any type, it stops filling in those bubbles. I first thought that it was a conflict with the order in which I placed the new elements(primarily just text elements), so I put them right after other elements of the same type... still - magico disappearo - the concentration blips don't fill.

Notice how poor I am?

That is one of the items that I've released. What I'm talking about when I say, "concentration blip" is the blue that fills in on the third status bar down.
Unread 02-07-2005, 01:06 AM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

That's probably THE most common mod problem, and I still don't know what causes it or how to fix it. It happened to me the first time I modded the player window, but after that I haven't seen it crop up again in my own modding, but I hear people mention it a lot...

Can you attach the copy you've got? (Or Sunthas, can you attach yours?) I haven't actually taken a look at one with broken conc bubbles since before I actually knew what I was doing.

Last edited by Deathbane27 : 02-07-2005 at 01:22 AM.
Unread 02-07-2005, 02:45 AM
A Brown Bear

Since I don't have the capabilities to upload to the site, the only thing I can do is link you to where I have the mods posted on my site (EQ2 OGaming). It's set on the forum to make it so that only registered members can download it... so if you're not registered, you'll need to do so.

Sorry about that.

The 4 mods are located at: http://eq2.ogaming.com/forum/index.php?showforum=115

also, I didn't include in the original description. I also tried puting the windowsgenericelements dds file into it's very own "special" /image dir within the new UI folder, just to see if it was just trying to be picky... but that didn't work either.

Head of Online Gaming Radio

Last edited by Leonai_art : 02-07-2005 at 02:49 AM.
Unread 02-07-2005, 03:54 AM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

Issue: UIBuilder sucks and screws up its own references.

Resolution: Open the file with a text editor. Search and replace /Conc with Conc. (Or edit the Style and OnHoverInEffector attributes of the conc bubbles with UIBuilder, removing the /.)

I've got no clue why this happens sometimes and not others...

Quote:
Since I don't have the capabilities to upload to the site...
There should be a "Manage Attachments" button a bit below the "Submit Reply/Thread" button when you make a post.
Unread 02-07-2005, 05:17 AM
A Brown Bear

Thank you so very much, I appreciate it, and about the attachement thing... I'm blind. :P

Head of Online Gaming Radio