Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 04-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost
Default Reuse Times

Hi there

Ok so things have been going really well for my little mod and I was looking at it the other day when a thought occured to me. Some of the buttons use items and spells which then cannot be recast for a duration, for example the call to guild hall spell or the Wormhole item.

Is it possible for me to get some sort of timer or info that pops up on mouseover that will show the duration left before the item can be used again or the spell can be recast. I know things in game do it and I have had a look through but I don't know enough to know what I am looking for :/

Any pointers to info or the code i need to insert would be very much appreciated.

Mistal
Unread 04-03-2010, 01:03 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

I can think of two ways immediately and neither of them are very easy.

You could write a script that can scan all of your hotbars for the item and assign the recast DynamicData to something on the UI to automatically update the timer. But that requires a bit of scripting and that the item actually exists on a hotbar.

The other way would to know the recast time beforehand and create a repeating script that keeps track of the recast independently of the game data. This requires a lot more scripting, is more error prone to things like reuse mods affecting the presumed recast and possibly starting false timers when you are unable to actually cast.
Unread 04-04-2010, 10:24 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Everfrost

/cans that idea lol

Ok thanks, I wasn't sure what it would take and I simply don't have enough ability to be able to do something like that at the moment. Might be a project for the future

Thanks again

Mistal x