Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > Wish List

Unread 05-05-2005, 01:29 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost
Default For "Docking Windows"

I wish that windows saved their location/size and frame/title/locked state when they are changed through script..

For instance if I had a custom window named CustomWindow in Mainhud.. And the map window calls something like:
Parent.CustomWindow.Location=1,1

It should save the Location of the CustomWindow in the INI file..

Would allow us to save locations on "Docking Windows" without the user having to mess with a third party windows..

Also, for similar reasons, I wish the pack location of the windows would save in the INI when changed through scripting..

Or another more advanced, idea.. Would be useful to all modders..

I saw quib mention an OnLogin Event.. Add that and have windows save ANY properties that aren't standard to the INI on windows.. This would be useful for all sorts of custom stuff..

Some examples off the top of my head:

If, I add a property name TM_MinimapActive, TM_DockLoc, TM_MapLoc, in the main Map page it would save it to the INI file whenever it changed.. So If I dock my Talyns' Minimap I could save the maps location to TM_MapLoc and set the TM_MinimapActive="true" then logout and login I would be able to script it to re-dock and set location to dock location on login.. To finish it off have the Undock button set the TM_DockLoc and everything should be saved ..

quicker example..
With my chat windows that have 4 layouts.. I can have 4 booleans (TM_NoScroll, TM_NoInput, etc) and use them to set the correct layout on login..

I could add TM_MinLocation, TM_MinSize, TM_RestSize, TM_RestLocations, TM_MinState... As long as the stuff saved when it changes It could be used to set up a nice minimize/restore system
Unread 05-13-2005, 07:32 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Somewhat OT... the following Checkbox script (droped into the titlebar page object) will minimize/maximize any window to just the titlebar. Note: some window objects may appear in the title area on minimize if steps aren't taken to prevent it. And of corse the checkbox state doesn't save, nor do the various size properties set in the script. Probaly wise to set window OnHide events to uncheck and deactivate the checkbox.

Code:
<Checkbox BackgroundOpacity="1.000" LocalTooltip="Minimize" Location="3,3" Name="MinimizeCheckbox" OnActivate="parent.parent.ExpandWin=parent.parent.size 
parent.parent.MaxSize=parent.parent.maximumsize 
parent.parent.MinSize=parent.parent.minimumsize 
parent.parent.minimumsize=&apos;0,0&apos; 
parent.parent.maximumsize=&apos;16384,22&apos; 
LocalTooltip=&apos;Expand&apos;" OnDeactivate="parent.parent.maximumsize=parent.parent.MaxSize 
parent.parent.minimumsize=parent.parent.MinSize 
parent.parent.size=parent.parent.ExpandWin  
LocalTooltip=&apos;Minimize&apos;" ScrollExtent="16,16" Size="16,16" Style="/Fetish.CheckboxStyles.minimize_checkbox" Tooltip="Minimize"></Checkbox>