Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 10-18-2005, 03:46 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question Putting pieces together

Greetings,

I am trying to put some pieces together and am wondering about a few things. What I am trying to do is put the player, compass & clock window all together into one piece. the questions I have are probably simple and easy for those that are well versed with this type of thing.
Anyway they are:

1. If I take the clock and/or compass information and copy it into the player window, how do I get the default clock/compass to NOT show up?

2. Is it possible to trigger an event that would cause the player window to resize to show/hide said information? (for instance if a player choses to hide the compass, the player window decreases in size to that it wouldn't have a large blank space in it.)

Those will do it for now, I'll probably have more, but if anyone can help with these it would be great.

Thanks,
V
Unread 10-19-2005, 03:56 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viallynor
Greetings,

I am trying to put some pieces together and am wondering about a few things. What I am trying to do is put the player, compass & clock window all together into one piece. the questions I have are probably simple and easy for those that are well versed with this type of thing.
Anyway they are:

1. If I take the clock and/or compass information and copy it into the player window, how do I get the default clock/compass to NOT show up?

2. Is it possible to trigger an event that would cause the player window to resize to show/hide said information? (for instance if a player choses to hide the compass, the player window decreases in size to that it wouldn't have a large blank space in it.)

Those will do it for now, I'll probably have more, but if anyone can help with these it would be great.

Thanks,
V
Can can put the player window info into the clock or compass window because all the info in that window can be done by dynamic data. You can't put the clock into the compass or the compass into the clock because they get their data from the game(hard coded).
Unread 10-19-2005, 05:08 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Question Okay let me try again

Since that didn't answer any of the questions that I asked, just one I didn't, let me try again.

1. How do I go about removing the default window when creating custom content?

As an example, and this is only an example, this is not to be treated as if this is what I am doing, that way people wont get side tracked with what I can or cannot do....

Anyway, say putting the Experience information into the player window, one window, one size, all the information needed...
Problem is, now I have two experience windows open, one in the player information, and one on it's own...

So Again, how do I disable the default window, so my custom is used and it doesn't load the default.

Thanks again,
V
Unread 10-22-2005, 08:11 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Default Hello?

Anyone,

Anyone....

Bueller...