Thread: Onset varible
View Single Post
Unread 03-27-2011, 04:16 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

I've found that modifying default buttons within the UI is a bad idea. Sometimes it'll work, and sometimes it won't. Other times you'll get unexpected results.
I like to think that these buttons already have "OnPress" events and adding another is sometimes a bad idea.

What I do is clone whatever "default UI" button it is I'm working with and call it another name and place it ontop of that button. I put my code I need to use in that button and make the final step of the code to trigger the "default" button. In this case it would be the add button.

With the code you're trying to do, I suggest just making 2 different buttons that get toggled visibly over the button. One button would trigger the Add button and auto close, the other would just trigger the Add button. You're check box could control which one is showing.

Cheers.