View Single Post
Unread 12-11-2008, 06:55 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Thanks Liandra, I had already noticed the huge amount of reports from you, really helpful. We are currently looking at improving the reporting system (lordebon volunteered for that).

In the meantime in view of all the work you are already doing in helping out I took the liberty at making you a moderator for the EQ2MAPs website. Congratulations. You will notice that editing/deleting POIs is a bit easier that way (you can directly edit/delete POIs).

On to your questions:
  • all POIs that are marked as being submitted by "-SOE-" are regularly imported by a script we wrote directly from SOE's POIs.
  • we agree that in most cases it would be nice to keep the additional info contained in user submitted POIs
  • currently the problem is that our code will overwrite any modifications to SOE POis the next time we import them. We are currently discussing this and may disable this in the future. But at the moment if you want to keep user submitted information you should actually mark the -SOE- POI as bad and keep the user submitted POI (probably with SOE's /loc, since it will probably be more exact)
  • With respect to the contents of the description personally I would agree that entire quest writeups are too much, but some information in addition to the quest name may be useful (e.g. necessary prerequesite, previous quest steps, spawn times, stuff like that).
If there are any further questions or in case of doubt just ask, always easier to discuss issues beforehand than to fix them after the fact.