View Single Post
Unread 12-10-2010, 03:31 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Added, all POIs transferred from the old 3 maps into the shiny single new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
I guess I should start adding maps...
Good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnils View Post
I was hoping gm9 should add them as i can't change the title to [added] making it confusing
Now that's a creative excuse. We'll have to get that changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldeath View Post
OK. So its not on my end.
I put the [Map] tag there because the tutorial said I had to do that under the "Map Submission" step. It also says that a JPG is required, but I saw in a post you made that the JPG is automatically generated from the DDS now on the server. Looks like the tutorial needs a little tweaking.

So then I should not add [Map] anymore and just put the zone name? (the Roehn Theer map I did I had accidently put [New] instead, would that be better to use?)

Thanks for the info.
No, apologies, it wasn't on your end at all and it would have been fine to bump that thread earlier. As to the [Map] thing, it's probably a good idea to keep it after all, we added that to the tutorial at the time to indicate a finished map as opposed to people posting just /locs or so. Frankly I was just quite busy during that time of the year and am not that active over here anymore most of the time so I simply overlooked your posts for that reason, sorry. With Landiin and jnils helping out as well that shouldn't be an issue in the future anymore.

The jpg images are indeed automatically generated but we kept the requirement in the tutorial just so people can more easily review the maps on the forums and provide feedback, not everyone has a dds image viewer available.