View Single Post
Unread 02-16-2006, 01:01 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki_racer
I want to start helping by writing some of the text files for you, but I have a question.

It seems from your example that you can only write a walkthrough if the entire quest is completed in one zone. Right?

I don't see any zone information, leading me to believe that this quest is all in one zone.
The spoilers are tied to the map page that is displayed.

So, yeah... all the quests in a single file are for the same zone. If a quest spans more than one zone, you could do something like:

Code:
Antonica West:
Dwarven Work Boots
Hwal Rucksif, 100, 20, 350
(Caveroot Horror In Stormhold)
Hwal's Grandad's Grave, 700, -30, 40
Sort of thing and hope that the person who does the Stormhold map put's a location in for the Caveroot horror on their WT. Or you could just skip the entries for the parts of the quest you're working on that are out of the zone and figure that people can look at their quest journal to see what zone they should be in. Your choice.

But the short answer is: Yes, if you do a file, it is all in one zone. More than that, if it's a zone with more than one page of map, like antonica or rivervale, then the file is only for that particular page of the map. East and West Antonica would have different walkthroughs.

If I wasn't clear, please write back and I'll try more to explain
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'