View Single Post
Unread 07-24-2010, 10:20 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_ View Post
I will wash your car, I will paint your house, I'll walk the dog for a month if you'll make an anchor for the Tooltip window, so that I can move the Tooltip window somewhere else on the screen. That way I can have the Tooltip window pop up somewhere other than right ON my quickbar.

For those of us that have our quickbars at the bottom of the screen, or under our toons feet, it pretty much drives us crazy that whenever you hover a spell/CA/whatever on your quickbar, the damn Tooltip pops up and covers up pretty much your toon, the mobs your fighting, etc. Not really a convenient thing when fighting for your life. Only you can stop "Death by Tooltip".

Sadly, I've had to turn off the Tooltips on my quickbar as a result of this (the options available for transparency, and delaying the popup itself definitely don't cut it). That seems like a bad thing to me; that I have to turn off Tooltips on my quickbar.

The popups are pretty annoying on toolbars at the bottom, especially the Master Strike one. A tooltip anchor would be amazing.

Along those same lines, one of the big features of EQII encounters is learning and responding to the detrimental effects placed on the character during battle. As it stands now, the only way I know to catch the effects for study is to wait for each of them to land, hover the cursor over it, wait for the tooltip delay, hope the effect doesn't expire, then get a screenshot (and hope I don't wipe the raid while doing all this).

Would it be possible to have a right-click >> Examine for detrimental effects that pops up each description in a separate persistent examine window, similar to examining anything else in the game? This way we could go through an encounter, capture all the effects safely, and review/screenshot them afterward.