View Single Post
Unread 04-05-2006, 10:29 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDeville
Question for ye Mother. Is this spoiler mod cover all zones? I saw that you pulled the data from EQMaps but didn't know if you pulled all the data or just certain zones worth. Second question is will it work with Fetish Nightfall? Didn't know if you tested it with it or had any reports from others that tried with Fetish. Overall I'd say you have done a ine job here with this mod. I like it and hope it will work with my UI. Thamk for your time and nice mod.

MD!

PS: Oh forgot to offer up a Idea. If you or anyone decides to creat a updater perhaps just a simple app that a client can use client side that scan modifications to the EQMaps updates. You know run map updater get nw POI's and run "MotherUpdater" (catchy I know) and it's scans for new poi's from the new EQMaps POI"s. Dunno how easy or hard that would be though.
I think one other user has tried it with Fetish, but I'm not certain. If you want to be the guinea-pig that gives it an official thumbs-up, I'd certainly appreciate it. Maybe I'll add a "tested with" section on the download page so future people will know.

AFAIK every zone should be included. If you (or anyone else who reads this) comes across one where there's an EQ2MAP with POIs on it, but no spoiler page, post or PM me and I'll make sure that it gets processed by the script on the next pass.

It might be possible (at some point) to release the script that processes the eq2map poi's so people can self-update their spoilers, but I really quake in fear at the prospect of troubleshooting any problems people might have running it. (Very little to no error checking or help is included.) Besides which, it would have to wait at least until the next version or eq2map comes out. Cluster-type POIs are the devil.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'