EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   EQ2MAP (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   maps.eq2interface.com Comments and Suggestions (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2020)

Zonx 01-31-2006 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magus
2) The VAM plugin breaks things, so it should never be included by default. If you cross a zone line with the map open, then close/open the map, it shows the wrong side of the zone.

Ehm.. for the record, the VAM plugin also allows this minor glitch to be easily avoided and corrected. A "Set" button allows you to set any displayed map as the "correct map" for your location. If you do happen to cross a swap line with the map open and still forget to hit the set button... NP, just pick the correct map from the menus and hit the Set button.

Unfortunately this glitch is unavoidable since SOE does not trigger an XML event when the map swaps without zoning. Minor inconveniece for the added functionality, still I do agree its probably best left as an "Optional" plugin.

Xzandr 02-12-2006 05:59 AM

I went into the Roost yesterday and brought up the map and found out I do not have one for that zone. Any way of getting one?

keenumom 02-21-2006 04:46 PM

Tallon Foragers in Zek..where are they?

I haven't found any maps that indicate "Tallon foragers" for Zek: The Orcish Wastes. I have a quest to kill 19 of them, but I have yet to find them ANYWHERE in the zone. Are they possibly named something else on the map?

russellvt 02-22-2006 04:16 AM

Skin Info

It would be nice to have you guys ship a "equi_skininfo.xml" file, as well, just to differentiate the eq2map skin in the /loadui command.

Admitedly, I'm using the manual update version which I currently have scripted to copy the default ui over to the new directory, then take the most current eq2map.zip file and unzip it over that same directory (ie. so anything packaged there-in overwrites the defaults in the new directory).

Currently, I've just written my own that says:

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page Name="SkinInfoPage" ScrollExtent="800,600" Size="800,600" Visible="false">
<Data author="EQ2Interface.Com" contact="http://maps.eq2interface.com" description="EQ2 Modular Atlas" Name="SkinInfo" text="EQ2 Map Skin" version="1.0.6 Feb 21 2006"/>
</Page>

Lanadad 02-28-2006 06:01 AM

Ingame Update of POI

Is it at all possible to make an ingame "Add POI" feature? I would see this as a button on the map, which records the /loc and has a field for a header description and a full description.

This could be dumped into a text file and the eq2map updater could pick it up and upload it during the update process. (at startup)

This would imho allow the community to post new POIs more easily and thus contribute to the project.

Another thing I have been trying on, is a "record-map" UI, which basically allows you to "roam" an area, recording "/loc" automatically (instead of button). This way a file with loads of dots is created. (haven't figured out how to read the location as a 'live -feed')

Obviously roaming the walls provides best results. Although this is a lot of work to make, once done it could make it way easier to make new maps. =)

ShadowProwler420 02-28-2006 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanadad
Is it at all possible to make an ingame "Add POI" feature? I would see this as a button on the map, which records the /loc and has a field for a header description and a full description.

This could be dumped into a text file and the eq2map updater could pick it up and upload it during the update process. (at startup)

This would imho allow the community to post new POIs more easily and thus contribute to the project.

As interesting as this sounds, I foresee one problem with it. That being multiple PoIs for something at one general location. Example: 20 people record/submit a PoI for X mob/npc, and each set of coordinates is off by 1 or 2 (whether if it's the N/S loc, the E/W, loc, or the height variable or a combination of).

McKenna 02-28-2006 09:48 AM

great maps! multilanguage were amazing :)

Landiin 02-28-2006 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanadad

Another thing I have been trying on, is a "record-map" UI, which basically allows you to "roam" an area, recording "/loc" automatically (instead of button). This way a file with loads of dots is created. (haven't figured out how to read the location as a 'live -feed')

Obviously roaming the walls provides best results. Although this is a lot of work to make, once done it could make it way easier to make new maps. =)

At this time there is not any way to comunicate with the UI from outside the game, other then the verry limited HTML page.

Xiane 03-15-2006 03:01 PM

Resizable map window??

I have a very hard time seeing all those tiny little dots on the map because I use a higher resolution. Is it possible to make the map resizable? Or just plain larger?

Retsek 04-22-2006 02:08 PM

Obelisk map 4 offsets were skewed

The maps for obelisk are top notch but for some reason on map 4 every thing was skewed to the left so you were never where it showed. Tinkered around and here are the corrected offsets.

Line 375 should change to this:
<ImageStyle Name="obelisk_of_lostsouls_4" zonerect="324, 155, 659, 532" availablerect="324, 155, 659, 532">

SaintPeter 04-23-2006 12:03 PM

Thanks. Should be fixed now.

Phrite 07-20-2006 02:23 PM

just a suggestion.

this may have already been asked about already, if so sorry.

Is there a way to add a tier level to each map. just a small text at say the top right corner or in an unused area that says what Tier level it is?

reason i ask, is i forget what zones are what tier levels for foraging and whatnot.

anyway, love the map. keep up the great work.

Phrite

kool25 08-02-2006 04:35 PM

Hello

Hello, first of all Great Map System :D :D ...

Webpage: could there be a + sign like there is in game so we can filter poi's on maps here at web site... cause iam gona start going threw different maps as i explore them and comment if needed mainly getting rid of the old poi's... cant get to some of the poi's cause there over lapping.

Thanks

aevarine 09-10-2006 05:13 PM

Would it be possible to either clear the maps for the tier 2 and 3 zones(Nek, TS, Cl and Ant) or remove the old mob locations? After the overhaul a lot of the creatures were moved around so now it's a nightmare trying to find things as most of the markers still show's the old locations. For instance, In CL the Scourge Rats are now way over by the Wasp Hill and the Vulrich's are now between the Graveyard and the West Freeport gates along with the Hyena things(forgot their names, Carrion Hounds or something).
I know new poi's are being added for the new locations but the old ones need to be removed to save clutter and confusion, heh.
I can go around the get the new locations of creatures if need be^_^
Thanks

lordebon 09-10-2006 06:09 PM

You can remove POI locations.

Go to the EQ2MAP website, find the incorrect PoI (write down the number or remember where on the map it was) and add a comment for it, saying why its out of date, but also make sure you select Outdated/Inaccurate from the dropdown box. That will mark the PoI as bad and it will be no longer inlucded (and possible deleted entirely from the system once an admin gets to it).

aevarine 09-10-2006 10:41 PM

Hmm, that could take a while, lol, since 4 zones need sorting out now.

mdibella 11-16-2006 10:25 AM

Let me say first that I love the eq2maps interface. I am someone with absolutely no sense of direction...I even have a GPS in my car because I need an 'automap' to keep from getting lost in real life.

With that in mind, my biggest problem is often just being able to navigate with the eq2 maps. I am sure someone does a lot of work on these, but frankly I don't really need a topographical picture of the zone. I need a roadmap. I need something that lets me develop a path from point A to point B. The maps as provided show hills, mountains, bodies of water but no indication of whether I can climb over the hill or where there is a tunnel through the mountain. If I am close enough to the destination, of course I get the path on the screen...but too often what I see is 'your destination is to the northeast'...well sheesh, I can SEE that much, how do I GET there?

It is an especially bad problem with the new expansion, since the new zones have lots of topographical features apparently designed to prevent players from getting where they want to go.

With that in mind, would it be possible to give an option to remove the topography and just show a flat map indicating paths/roads?

casper122749 12-08-2006 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eloa
Please post all information, comments, and suggestions concerning maps.eq2interface.com here.

when are you going to fix the maps????half of my zones are not working...the dots are there but the pointer isn't working...i don't know alot about computers so please let me know what is happening by e-mail...this is the only way i will know about it...it took me 45 min to figure out how to post to you...won't say how many times i've tried....lol...this is affecting more then myself...other members in my guild are having the same problems...this is really hurting on trying to do quests....thank you....my e-mail address is [email protected]....

lordebon 12-08-2006 11:41 AM

Try doing a search before going OMGztheworldisfallingdownaroundmepleasefixeverything.

Or, since I'm a nice guy I'll just give you the thread to read to make it easy on you.

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7007

Yes, I'm harsh. Yes, people need to learn to look at a couple threads before posting every question...

FloridaFringe 12-08-2006 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casper122749
when are you going to fix the maps????half of my zones are not working...the dots are there but the pointer isn't working...i don't know alot about computers so please let me know what is happening by e-mail...this is the only way i will know about it...it took me 45 min to figure out how to post to you...won't say how many times i've tried....lol...this is affecting more then myself...other members in my guild are having the same problems...this is really hurting on trying to do quests....thank you....my e-mail address is [email protected]....

Bit of advise, never post your email address on a public forum board. You are just inviting spam. Instead post it as something like:

blahblahblah at blahblahblah dot com

cottons 01-02-2007 03:09 PM

Bigger!

Ok the map of Butcherblock, well, imho, sucks. It is so incredibly small and yet there are so many items on it. Yes I know, we can take things off we don't want to see. But, I want to see them all. I want a bigger map. Surely it is possible to have a bigger map. Or at least a bigger image there and then determine where i am on my own. But these maps seem to get smaller all the time. GFay would be an awesome example of this, with a path a different color to the different areas and such.

I think EQ2Maps is awesome, and it should get better.

Allaenon 01-06-2007 09:00 PM

Vermin's Snye Map Popups

The LOC popups don't work in Vermin's Snye. The dots are on the map, but no info comes up when you hover over the points of interest. So far this is the only map where I've noticed this problem. Just wanted to let someone know.

FloridaFringe 01-07-2007 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allaenon
The LOC popups don't work in Vermin's Snye. The dots are on the map, but no info comes up when you hover over the points of interest. So far this is the only map where I've noticed this problem. Just wanted to let someone know.

Known Issue: Link

lordebon 01-11-2007 04:40 PM

The website forms need to changed for clusters.

Specifically, we need:

The ability to suggest clusters
The ability to mark clusters as needing POIs split or added to them
The ability to comment on clusters in general (this is the most important one IMHO. Currently we can't leave comments or mark clusters as innacurate etc.)
When a POI is in a cluster, have it NOT show up somewhere else (example: 23125 cluster has POI 21093)
When a POI in a cluster is moved, it should automatically mark the cluster as needing checking so that POI can be removed from the cluster (same example)

EDIT: It would appear that the cluster is sometimes preventing them from being shown in other places.

IE, there are 3 wrong things in that cluster I mentioned above. 1 shows elsewhere but still lists in the cluster. the other 2 don't show elsewhere.

aztil 01-21-2007 02:23 AM

im having a problem with the map and i wont to know if it is me or are others having the same problem.

The map of down below is perfect but all the icons are wrong.

is it just me or what ?

sstair 01-21-2007 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aztil
The map of down below is perfect but all the icons are wrong.

is it just me or what ?

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1924

Niteraven 01-28-2007 09:37 AM

getting an error upon zipping

Trying to install the maps from the updater into my profit ui folder. It starts to move the maps over and it gets almost completed and then it comes up the an error that says the zipped folder/file is corrupted and it stops transferring. Any ideas/suggestions will be greatly appreciated?

Elkay 03-01-2007 02:22 PM

Map Sizes...for the non-bionic-men players

I dont know about the rest of you but while the maps are an enormous help they're so small that some of the outside zones (heck, all of them not SOME!) are nothing more than pincushin graphics with multi-colored dots covering entire regions making it impossible to click a single specific one or even to roll over it.

Yes, I know you can filter the dots...what a huge PITA that is trying to figure out which one to click on or off....is that NPC you're looking for an NPC or a mob? Is he a POI or a Quest update? Usually you have to click them all off then cycle thru the filters one at a time - it gets to where I dont even bother at times.

Anyway - solution? Make the maps larger. Twice their current size? 50% larger? 20% would help? Just a thought - my suggestion is to allow the window to be scalable or it's size adjusted.

slackmessiah 08-25-2007 02:58 AM

Suggestion: Put Map on the map, or actual map name title

Any chance you could put the actual map name on the map or in the title?

Like instead of all the levels in Stormhold just saying "Stormhold", they could say, which level they were also? "Stormhold Level 2" or something nice like that.

thanks

bypeep 11-21-2007 10:42 AM

Different Color Icon for Shinies and Tomes

I would love to see a different colored icon to denote the collection type items on the map, specifically the tome pages and the shinies. This way you could scan the map for that particular item as opposed to looking through every single blue icon.

frostbite 11-22-2007 06:40 PM

Stoneneb

Kunzar Jungle
Mob Name: Stoneneb
Level: 76^

gm9 11-22-2007 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frostbite (Post 66834)
Kunzar Jungle
Mob Name: Stoneneb
Level: 76^

--> Submit a POI

Vertox 11-30-2007 08:25 PM

I would love an alpha list of poi's

It would be great to have an option on each map -to show an alpha list of all poi's - that you could then click on to highlight the one on the map.

Thanks

Kertom 01-04-2008 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertox (Post 67290)
It would be great to have an option on each map -to show an alpha list of all poi's - that you could then click on to highlight the one on the map.

Thanks

Hello,

I think you can use "POI finder" for that. It's a kind of add-on you install after EQ2map.

Cheers,
Keed

ddaniel51 01-04-2008 06:28 PM

Auto Updater

How about an auto exit in Eq2map when it finishes updating like POI Finder?

jnils 01-05-2008 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddaniel51 (Post 68286)
How about an auto exit in Eq2map when it finishes updating like POI Finder?

It has a auto launch , same thing :)

Lindar 03-20-2008 04:47 PM

Appologies beforehand if this has been suggested before...

Would it be possible to add a small button next to the coordinate field that pasted what was in your clipboard and hit enter for the waypoint. Either that or could someone tell me an easier way than to move the cursor after the current loc and backspace to the beginning to paste the loc. Something thats bugged me forever but would save quite a bit of frustration over time(FoT) lol

another cool thing would be to be able to to be able to click on coordinates in group chat and have it mark the waypoint, I understand if that would be far to complicated for the efforts though.

lordebon 03-20-2008 10:29 PM

This thread was originally for suggestions for the website.

But lemme comment...

If you type /waypoint and then hit paste and enter it'll make a waypoint, instead of messing around with the box in the map (which takes much much longer).

As for the in-game bit... yeah it would be nice but it'd probably have to format it like the items (ie something like \/a-loc blah blah like items do) which would likely be nothing so simple, at least such is my guess.

Amblin 04-10-2008 03:44 PM

Add POI button revisited...

First of all, I would like to comment on some of the attitudes of some of the users that did not contribute to the development. Although I do not develop for EQ2Maps, I do develop software and nothing iritates me more than when people complain to developers and "flame" them despite using their product for free or at low cost. When I read your comments (esspecially those that claim anything is easy that have no idea what they are talking about), I hear a mixture of Urkel and the Nannie.

Second, the real reason that I am posting here. I have used the map for a while and although I definitely like the maps and the interface, I have often wondered about the "Add POI" button or a similar emote style translator (like the map creator.) I don't agree that the argument that ShadowProwler420 is valid:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowProwler420 (Post 41683)
As interesting as this sounds, I foresee one problem with it. That being multiple PoIs for something at one general location. Example: 20 people record/submit a PoI for X mob/npc, and each set of coordinates is off by 1 or 2 (whether if it's the N/S loc, the E/W, loc, or the height variable or a combination of).

If that were the case this site would be more discriminative in who it lets enter POIs. Just kidding, folks, I know that you worked hard to enter those locations. I think that more people adding them would really help out and also allow you to create more uniform entries. For example, a bunch of the lower level quests have only some of the POIs marked and reported in totally different formats, so they look odd. However, if there was an emote instruction that were say:
Code:

: markbegin
: marklocation <Location Name>
[: markquest <Quest Name> optional, but would be useful for uniform display]
: marktype (QST/ZONE/NAMED/MOB/LOC/NPC)
: markdescription <Location Description>
: markzone <Zone>
/loc
: markend

Also you could use a similar emote system for removal:
: markremove <UID>

Also, to prevent misuse, you could always only give the tool to your best POI'ers. Making it more cumbersome really hurts the new players since only a handful of good POIers have added the early quests and mobs.

I'll await my "flaming" or hate mail, but thanks for reading it all to give it a chance.

gm9 04-10-2008 04:05 PM

Since we got the new ingame web browser an add POI button is doable entirely as an UI mod, you could pop up a window with the /loc already entered and let the user select the type from a dropdown and add the description, then post it to eq2interface at the push of a button. Much easier than what you proposed. :)

I don't think we would need any misuse prevention in addition to what's currently there.