January 16, 2014 Updates:
* The Mercenary tab in the Character window has been updated to include new default behavior.
Jan 17 Update: Adjusted the Active Mercenary area to be visually less busy. Please report any mechanical issues you may have with this change.
* All custom color themes and skins have been updated to include new default graphics. (If you only use the default Red or Blue color themes, you do not need to download the custom theme files.)
* Group and Raid Windows: In previous versions, chat announcements attached to targeted spell icons would not honor special mnemonics such as TNAME. These required using the Command (macro) field. The updated Group and Raid window versions now accept SPELL, TNAME and TSLOT in all text chat announcement fields, and the Raid window also accepts TGROUP which displays the group number of the player being cast upon. For example:
Window Utility: Casting SPELL on TNAME in Group TGROUP
Displayed: Casting Jester's Cap on Baoldar in Group 3
IMPORTANT: The raidsay code no longer automatically adds the targeted player's name to the end of the announcement. You now have the choice of where, if any, the targeted player's name appears. If you used raidsay announcements with the previous Group or Raid windows, you will need to add TNAME to the end of the raidsay line in the Window Utility, and save the setting.
Use the current version of the DarqUI Window Utility to get the new files.
December 28, 2013 Updates
Maintained Spell Monitor
* The DarqUI Prestige Stack Monitor is now the Maintained Spell Monitor.
* Add up to five Maintained spells per character to the watch list for additional tracking (see images below).
* Icon, spell name and target are sized larger and displayed on spell tiles in a separate window.
* Add a follow-up button to any tracked spell to recast on the current target, or cast a related spell.
* Spell tiles can optionally hilight when the countdown timer, amount remaining (wards, poison charges, etc.) or Prestige stack falls into or outside of a specified setpoint range using < = > logic.
* All visual elements (icon frames, spell name placeholders, spell tile backgrounds, warning color and transparency) are configurable.
* Choose to display warning tiles always or in-combat only.
DarqUI hotbars have a new optional disappearing hotbar spinner control that is activated from the left-hand side of the hotbar. The new spinner control is not enabled by default; you must enable it from the DarqUI Window Utility. Thanks to Qwynn for the suggestion.
Other recent updates:
* Added Guild window icons to match default changes.
* Corrected an alignment issue in the Tradeskill window when using single-pane mode.
* Channelers now use the Priest curing spec in Group and Raid windows.
DarqUI Window Utility v126.96.36.199
A new version of the DarqUI Window Utility is now available. Version 188.8.131.52 includes:
* Converted Prestige Stack Monitor tab and code to Maintained Spell Monitor.
* Added disappearing spinner control to Hotbar settings (Misc tab).
You may continue to use the previous version of the utility to receive updates, but you will only be able to configure the new features using the new utility.
For current DarqUI users
: Download, unzip and replace the DarqUI Window Utility with version 184.108.40.206. Run the new utility as Administrator and follow the prompts to retrieve updates. If you have been keeping backups when you save, you will have the option of merging your current customizations with the new files immediately. Choose "Auto" at the top of the Updates tab to merge settings without prompting.
For new users
: Download, unzip and run the DarqUI Window Utility. You can create a new folder in your EverQuest II\UI folder, or the program will create it for you. Follow the prompts to retrieve your new UI files. Click here
to view a short walkthrough for first-time setup.
November 12, 2013
: Tears of Veeshan
New or Updated UI Features:
- New Player window with clickable personal status indicators for AFK, LFG, ANON, LFW and RP. Use the window utility to add/remove individual switches.
- New Channeler Dissonance window can be resized horizontally, and Dissonance percentage display can be added to the progressbar by choosing "Frame and Titlebar" from the Window Settings menu. Remove the gold frame entirely by choosing "None."
- Tradeskills: Added optional Crafting and Experimentation stats display for each discipline.
- XP/Stats Bar: Replaced Spell Weapon stats page with Harvesting stats. Reordered stats on some pages to be more in line with current game.
- Mercenary: Changed Mercenary command buttons to match default changes. Removed "behaviors" decoration.
- Examine: Added purple and cyan gem slots to item examine.
- Broker: added class detection for Channeler in the Advanced Search dialog.
- Login: updated artwork for Tears of Veeshan expansion.
- Character (Persona): Added Construct page, updated Mercenary page and removed Spell Weapon stats to match default changes. Added Channeler hotbar and dissonance bar toggle buttons to Construct page.
- Pet: Added Construct detection and Shrink Construct control to one-button pet pull bar.
- Shutdown (Camp): Added internationalization text to one of the custom buttons.
- Window Settings: Added Channeler hotbar, Dissonance bar and Zoning window to window locator.
- Themes: Updated graphics to match default changes; added the new Prosieben-specific graphics page for international clients.
Use the DarqUI Window Utility to download the new files. German players: re-download DarqUIspellsDE.csv file on Nov. 13 to receive German-language spell icons for the Channeler class.
A new version of the DarqUI Window Utility is available. Version 220.127.116.11 has the following changes:
- Added Channeler class, spells, spell icons and graphics to class selectors.
- Player Window: Added controls for the new Player Window to Misc tab.
- XP/Stats Bar: Replaced Spell Weapon stats with Harvesting stats.
- Tradeskills: Added checkbox for new AutoShowStats feature.
- Raid: Fixed the "1000" .NET bug for international clients.
- Group/Raid: Normalized the way macro mnemonics are loaded and saved in the utility.
- Corrected Spell ID numbers for Prayer of Healing spell line.
- Added Battle Cry to Dirge internal spell suggestion list.
- Added \EverQuest II Extended\ to game folder auto-detect.
- Added an optional routine to move DarqUI customization files from the default UI into the custom UI.
You may continue to use the old utility to receive file updates, but you will need the new version in order to use the new features and controls.
Recently Added or Updated DarqUI Windows:
Maintained Spell Monitor
The DarqUI Player Window has clickable personal status indicators for AFK, LFG, ANON, LFW and RP. Use the Window Utility to add or remove individual switches from the display.
Use the DarqUI Window Utility to choose from 15 different left- and right-side stat "pages" for each of the five XP bars: Adventure, Tradeskill, Alternate Advancement, PvP and Guild. When you switch to a different XP bar by clicking the gold gem, the correct stat pages are displayed. You can also scroll through the various pages using controls on the XP/Stats window.
The DarqUI Tradeskill window offers single-pane and side-by-side crafting views. Select a recipe from the list on the left-hand side, and then use either the mouse or the keyboard to craft the item. Press Enter twice to repeat a combine; press Esc to stop production. Speed up writs by searching your recipe books with the search filters or the drop-down favorites list while you are in the middle of a combine.
Audible and Visual Event Timer
: When performing combines, you can optionally display a graphical cooldown bar for the event timer, similar to the way spells work on your hotbars. In addition, you can add an audible signal so you'll never miss reacting to another crafting event. Toggle both of these features on and off at any time using controls on the event display area.
: The Last Recipe button solves a frequent annoyance: Often you will use the tradeskill search box to find a recipe in your book for a quest or writ, only to find out that you need to go back to the guild hall to craft it, or close the tradeskill window for some other reason. When you get to the crafting station, you have to search for the recipe all over again. Instead, use the clock icon to instantly recall your last recipe search -- a simple but handy feature.
Character (Persona) Window
The DarqUI Character window offers custom controls for each of your characters: decide whether to show or hide the stats side-panel by default, and choose which of the sub-sections (Melee, Defense, etc.) to automatically expand or close. Use icons instead of text labels for the page tabs for a more efficient window footprint (all characters).
Combat Stats Tab
: A new Combat Stats tab has been added to the main body of the Character window that contains all the stats from the side tab except for Tradeskill, Miscellaneous and PvP. This may eliminate the need to pop out the side panel at all most of the time. Click on any stat to toggle a colored highlight behind it, which will stay highlighted until you toggle it off or log out. Give this a try and you'll see how much easier it is to track your favorite stats.
Live Combat Stat Display
: When you use the highlighter on the Combat Stats tab, your first four stat choices will be displayed on a new special page on the Experience bar. Scroll to the Custom Stats page on the XP bar, and dynamically choose the live stats you want to track without keeping the Persona window open.
: New Notes tabs on the Biography page act as a handy "blackboard" to keep to-do lists or other reminders for each character. A shared notes tab lets you save notes on one character that can be read by all characters.
: Not sure if one of your alts has a certain item, but you don't have time to log over and check? Use the EQ2Inventory controls to log and display inventories (bags, bank, shared bank, house vault) for all of your characters. The EQ2Inventory program (also available on EQ2Interface) finds, loads, links and reports on inventories using special log files generated by the Character window.
(See composite screenshots for additional images)
Spellcast Monitor (Ctrl+Shift+T)
This window listens and reports on player and NPC spellcasting activity. During battle, spells and combat arts frequently are cast so quickly that you don't have time to see and react to them. The spell monitor solves this problem by allowing you to collect and learn spellcasting patterns on an encounter-by-encounter basis. When a spell is cast, the name goes into the next open slot on the list. Each time it's recast the spell slot lights up for several seconds and optionally plays a sound or sends a line of text into chat.
: The Spellcast Monitor also includes an optional spell history overlay. Wade into battle and the Spellcast Monitor will begin collecting player or NPC spells and cast times. Countdown timer bars can be configured for specific recast estimates, or the monitor can display a history of pre-casting and casting intervals for you. When the encounter is over, the timers shut down automatically.
Audible and Chat Channel Announcements
: New shortcuts in the DarqUI setup utility make it easy to add your target's name (%TT), implied target's name (%IT), and the name of the spell being cast (%S) into chat channel announcements. You can set up alerts prior to an encounter by choosing from the configurable preset dropdown, type the spell names manually, or use the auto-fill feature when you target a specific NPC. This window has proven useful in learning spellcasting patterns in raid encounters, but it's also helpful and fun to play with in solo and group gameplay. Since a large part of EQII combat is reacting to enemy spellcasts, the spell monitor makes it less necessary to stay glued to the casting bar.
LoginScene Account/Character List
The DarqUI Window Utility does not interact with the personal information in this file, but you can use a text editor to add up to six accounts (passwords optional) as well as up to 20 characters to the dropdown lists. If you have several accounts, this window will take the frustration out of switching between them. If you do not configure any accounts, the window will operate like the default.
IMPORTANT: To maintain the security of your personal information, please carefully read all of the instructions in the LoginScene file before making any customizations!
Raid Health and Power Monitor
Use "padlock" icons and numerical display to link normal and mouse-over transparencies together precisely. Locate, show, center or move to default location windows that have moved off-screen or have become inadvertently hidden.
If you have certain characters that have been heavily customized in the DarqUI Window Utility, use the padlock icons to bypass those characters while automatically setting up others.
Set Prices -- Commission Calculator
Pet and Mercenary Windows
One-button mercenary/warder/pet pulls
: Use the slider control to choose a backoff delay between 1 and 15 seconds, then press the pull button to send your pet, warder or mercenary to the current target. When the pet acquires hate, the backoff timer will start and the pet will automatically move toward you with the mob until the preset backoff time expires. The pet will then turn and resume attacking, automatically restoring preserve_master and preserve_self protection states. Visual feedback inside the window keeps you informed of all actions in the pull sequence. You can interrupt the sequence at any point by pressing one of the command icons.
The Pet window also includes Call, Shrink and Pet Options controls; the Mercenary window includes a button to open the mercenary's tab in the Persona window. Both windows have a sync (close) button that appears when the window is visible but you do not have a pet/mercenary.
The automatic pull feature can be used from a hotbar macro button as well as from the pull button on the window itself. When setting up a macro button, use one of the following commands:
Persona Window Note Tabs
Broker Window Price Presets
EQ2U Character Lookup
: If setting up your characters in the utility has baffled you in the past, give the new Quick Setup feature a try. With a couple of clicks the utility will find your characters and set up the entire DarqUI interface to take advantage of the character- and class-specific features. New users click here
for a quick walk-through.
Beastlord and Savagery
The Savagery window can be resized horizontally, and the skull graphic can be hidden by choosing Frame Only from window settings. Remove the frame completely by choosing None.
Using the DarqUI Window Utility you can choose an icon size and padding for the minimized Beastlord bar (the version without the paw graphic) which will stick between sessions. The default is set to 32x32 with 1 pixel padding. Move the mini-bar by using the left and top edges of the window, and resize the mini-bar using right side and bottom edges.
Payday tracking has been added to the DarqUI Mercenary and Persona windows. A uniquely-colored progress bar tracks your mercenary's pay graphically, and with 2 minutes remaining before the next payday the Mercenary window flashes briefly as a reminder and plays an alert sound (both configurable). Having this information allows you to suspend the mercenary if needed before you get charged for another 30 minutes.
This is a resizable casting bar, with text font size that adjusts as you change the size of the bar. You can optionally change the bar color, turn on/off the text resizing feature, and add a dark gray backdrop behind the bar for theme skins that leave the casting bar background transparent.
The DarqUI Hotbar includes a spell recast "cooldown" timer overlay. Choose "Frame and Titlebar" from the Window Settings menu to activate the timers for any hotbar. If you want timers but no frame, set the frame sliders to zero. Timer text appears in the lower-left corner of each icon and resizes as you change the size of the hotbar icons. When the spell or combat art is almost ready to be recast, the timer changes color. All of the timer defaults are preset from the downloader, or you can optionally customize the warning interval, text colors and font size breakpoints.
The in-game Web browser has been completely remodeled to work more like a mainstream browser. The address bar doubles as a smart search box: type your search terms directly into the address bar and your preferred search provider will deliver the result. The multi-tabbed interface maintains page contents even if you close the window. Choose or create website favorites with icons. Track your URL history. Decide on a new home page with a single click.
: Switching to this new mode from the Tools menu converts the browser into a streamlined, single-pane viewer that automatically displays live ACT spell timers and encounter data. You can configure the viewer to open in the same place on your screen each time you use it, and the local ACT file does not have to be your home page. (You must turn on the HTML export feature in the Advanced Combat Tracker program in order to display it.) Leaving ACT Mode puts the normal browser back where you left it, so you can switch between modes seamlessly. Using ACT with the in-game browser is finally effortless.
Size and Color Bags
One of the time-consuming parts of the EverQuest II interface, especially when you create a new character, is resizing each individual bag and bank box to the slot size and spacing that you prefer. New controls in version 2.21 allow you to choose a standardized slot size and spacing for all bags across all of your characters, even the ones you haven't created yet. If you decide later on a different size, change the value in the utility and all of your containers will respond the next time you open them. (The auto-bag size feature is turned off by default when you initially download the interface -- you must choose a preferred size and turn it on manually from the containers tab in the utility.)
You can choose up to 8 background colors and associate those colors with certain containers. Use a green bag for items to be sold at the vendor, a red container for raid armor, the choice is yours. You can also choose a default color for all containers that do not have a color category.
Easy Search Filters
: A new Quick Reset button on the main window activates when you run a custom search, either manually or through a Saved Search filter. Mousing over the Reset button will give you a pop-up listing of your current search parameters. Click the Reset button to quickly clear the filters without opening the custom filter dialog.
A "Shop Item" button has been added to the Buy side, which functions similarly to the Search Broker control on the Sell side. Select an item from a mixed search result, then click Shop Item to find all sellers who have the selected item for sale.
Broker Search Favorites
: As a more lightweight alternative to dropdowns with many preset items to sort through, the DarqUI Broker window offers a simple list of 10 common searches for each character. Search once for the item, then click an empty slot on the search list to save it as a "favorite." This gives you fast, customized one-click access to each character's favorite broker searches.
: Pricing and listing many items with similar prices is easy using the preset price list. Set up to 6 custom prices for each character, then price and list any item instantly with a couple of clicks. Values can be set and changed without using the setup utility, and presets display with the correct coin colors for each denomination.
(See composite screenshots for images)
A new "Shop" control makes it easy to shop the Broker for items and recipe scrolls from the Examine window. If you are using the DarqUI Broker window, the Shop button appears only when you are at the Broker (or the bulletin board in your house). If you use the default Broker window or a different custom Broker window, the Shop button always appears alongside the website URL shortcuts.
(See composite screenshots for images)
A "Fossil" theme is available as an option on the updater. This skin features a neutral color theme with most of the brightly colored elements from the default UI remodeled into a more organic cut-stone appearance. There are also two adaptations of full skins by Drakah
on the updater. Both of these artists have done an amazing job of capturing the look and feel of their respective interfaces. If you ever played Vanguard or EverQuest II in the early days, these themes are guaranteed to give you a smile, and you can switch between them with a click of the mouse.
DarqUI Version 2.3 includes the following features:
DarqUI Window Configuration and Updater Utility
• Customization tabs for Group, Raid, Threat/Detrimental, Experience, Shutdown (Camp), Target, Implied Target, Bags, Tagging/Spell Monitor, Persona and Browser windows
• Quick Setup feature finds your characters and configures the entire DarqUI interface automatically
• Active context help sections give you basic guidance for the controls on each main tab
• Scan and install new file versions with full-featured, integrated updater
• Seamlessly merge previous character customizations into new file versions
• Import/Export spells between Group and Raid windows
• Share character names, levels and classes between UI pieces automatically
• Configure UI mods for up to eight characters on any server
• Choose level- and class-aware spells from the spell suggestions database, or create your own
• Optional English and German language external spell databases (CSV format)
• Choose names or ID numbers to reference spells with a single checkbox
• All Spell ID numbers are pre-loaded in the database
• International Compatibility Mode reduces spell name miscues for non-US clients
• Click "Make Default" button to make the necessary updates without using Notepad
Scalable Group Window with Real Spell Icons, Targeted Macro Buttons and Click-to-Cure
• True Window Scaling from 1.0x to 1.9x original size
• Full-featured click-to-cure interface with Advanced Cure Check and macro extensions
• Targeted spell buttons with real spell icons, tell/raidsay/groupsay/macro extensions
• Macro facility is compatible with Battlegrounds naming convention
• Six unique window layout modes, selectable via Utility or in-game
• Each character can choose a group window default layout mode
• Audible group detrimental alerts, selectable from the Options panel
• Programmable, targeted F-key icons for group members
Raid Window with Real Spell Icons, Targeted Macro Buttons and Click-to-Cure
• Full-featured click-to-cure interface with Advanced Cure Check and macro extensions
• Targeted spell buttons with real spell icons, tell/raidsay/groupsay/macro extensions
• Macro facility is Battlegrounds compatible
• Eight unique window layout modes, selectable via Utility or in-game
• Choose transparent or "Classic" colored raid group background panels
• Compact arrangement, uses standard-size game fonts for legibility
• Audible raidwide Curse alert, toggle from the Options panel in-game
• "Clear all tags" function added to standard tagging interface
• Listen and report on opponent and NPC combat spellcasting behavior
• Assign visual, audible, or chat text alerts for spellcasts
• Mnemonics for Target, Implied Target and spell name in chat text alerts
• Graphical spellcast interval timers, programmable on-the-fly or as presets
• Automatically preload monitored spells by targeting preconfigured NPCs
• Save and load banks of NPC spells, timers and alerts in groups of 10
• Spellcast Monitor reports pre-casting and recast interval histories
• Timers start and stop automatically when encounter begins/ends
• Choose from four high-contrast spell timer countdown bar colors
• Append an extra sound to any chat text alert, allowing you to see and hear the alert
Threat/Detrimental Window with Potion and Spell Cures, Melee Attack Timing Bar, Spellcast Bar
• Feature-rich replacement for the default Threat meter
• Class- and level-aware spell and potion self-cures with detrimental icons
• Audible and Text Chat detrimental alerts
• Self Health and Power bars
• Target and Target's Target health bars and percentages
• Numeric and graphical primary and secondary threat bars
• Melee attack timing bars for Primary, Secondary and Ranged
• Real-time weapon delay display
• Spellcasting Bar Overlay, toggle visibility from the Options panel
• Target's Target Health Percentage display over Health Bar
• Remodeled, multi-tabbed browser interface operates more like a mainstream browser
• Choose or create up to 10 favorite websites accessible from menu or favorites toolstrip
• Smart address/search bar with configurable search providers
• Track recent URL history for each tab separately
• Decide on a new home page with a single click
• ACT (Advanced Combat Tracker) Mode offers a streamlined ACT parse viewer
• Configure ACT Mode and standard browser separately; both windows remember their locations
• 14 scrollable stat and widget pages in a more efficient dockable XP Bar footprint
• Automatically load left and right side default stats for XP, Tradeskills, AA and PvP for each character
• Controls page for master volume, music volume, "night" vision, personal torch, pet visibility and mini-map
• Click the gold gem to cycle quickly between adventure, tradeskill and AA experience bars.
• Choose four combat stats from the Persona window Combat Stats tab to display dynamically on the Custom Stats page.
• A simple side-by-side version of the Broker Window
• Set search parameters for current character's Adventure or Tradeskill class and level
• Level shift +5 and -5 buttons on Broker search dialog
• Buy-side Search Reset button with pop-up custom search filter display
• "Shop Item" button searches for the selected item on the Buy side, similar to "Search Broker" on the Sell side
• Common searches dropdown gives quick access to 10 of your favorite searches
• Choose single-pane or side-by-side with frame button or default file setting
Character (Persona) Window
• Choose to show/hide stats panel, and specific stat categories, for each of your characters
• Combat Stats tab shows all stats except misc, PvP and tradeskills without opening the side-panel
• Handy stat hilighter for the Combat Stats tab makes selected stats easy to find
• Dynamically display up to four hilighted stats on the XP bar
• Open/close stats side panel from the left or right side
• Choose icon tabs instead of text for a more efficient window footprint (all characters)
• Mercenary payday tracking lets you save coin by suspending mercenary intelligently
• EQ2Inventory button tracks your inventory, bank, shared bank, and house vault
• EQ2Inventory Stats button logs your character stats historically, for use with the EQ2Inventory program, also on EQ2Interface.com
• Choose single-pane or side-by-side recipe book with frame button or default setting
• Instantly recall your last recipe search after closing the book or zoning
• Fully keyboard aware controls make repeated combines easy
• Recipe favorites dropdown keeps frequent recipe searches handy for each character
• Recipe selection shroud while combining prevents bugged window mishaps
• Configurable graphical event cycle timer and audible event signal when crafting a recipe
• Hotbar window with optional spell recast "cooldown" timers
• Timer display font resizes as you change the hotbar icon size
• Digits change to warning color as recast approaches
• Configurable font size breakpoints, warning color and warning time interval
• Timer options can be configured for each hotbar separately
Bags and Containers
• Automatically resize all inventory, bank and vault bag sizes and icon padding to your specifications
• Recolor specific bags to any color you choose to assist with organizing your various inventories
• Spruce up your inventories by choosing a new default color for all uncustomized containers
• OCD-aware numerical values take the guesswork out of setting transparency for your windows
• Use the padlock icons to lock normal and mouse-over opacities together for window, frame/titlebar and backdrop
• Mercenary salary tracking bar with informative tooltip
• Configurable 2-minute audible and visual warnings when payday is approaching
• Resizable casting bar, font size adapts to horizontal size
• Customizable bar color and background shroud for custom themes that render the bar transparent
• Turn on/off text resizing feature
Item, Effect, Spell and Quest Examine Web Links
• EQ2i.com, Zam.com and Lootdb.com web links for item, effect and spell examine windows
• EQtraders.com, Zam.com and Lootdb.com web links for recipe examine windows
• EQ2i.com and Zam.com web links in mini-Quest Helper window
• Smart "Shop" button on item and spell scroll examine windows offers automatic search at the Broker
Movable Mini-Zoning Window
• A smaller, movable adaptation of the default zoning shroud
• Allows you to see your chat windows and have some limited interaction with the interface while zoning
• Switch immediately to an alt without camping to the character select screen
• Camp to another character, character select, account select, or desktop
Clock and Countdown Timer
• Sun-and-moon game clock with current Earth-time digital display
• Easy to use collapsible countdown timer with optional flashing warning
Optional Color Themes
• Interface color themes offer a change of pace from default Red and Blue themes
• Choose between new Forest (green) and Earth (gray/brown) color themes
• Choose from three full skin adaptations for a more dramatic change
• Automatically configure the UI for a new theme with a click of the mouse
• Create your own theme that can be selected in the Utility
Target/Implied Target Windows
• Tagtarget interface integrated into target window
• Added "clear all tags" function
• Resize target/implied buff icons larger or smaller with slidebar
• Health percentage overlays
• Toggle fancy "con" brackets on/off
• One-click URL links to popular websites for current target/implied target
Please note that you will need Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 to run the utility. You probably already have it. If you run the utility and get a .NET error message, Click this link to download .NET 3.5: