EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 10-04-2006, 08:00 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Arremis UI

Support thread for Arremis UI pieces. Help, suggestions, questions, and feedback regarding my pieces are always appreciated! Thanks for your support everyone!

Arre
Unread 10-17-2006, 10:14 AM
A Coastal Crab

I love it... big thanks

but i do have a few questions about it. when the mob is close to die like less than 20%, the % message goes super dark or black, i can't see it at all. I mean the % number. if you can fix it that will be awesome.
Unread 10-17-2006, 09:23 PM
A Griffon

Apparently the dynamic data placed on a text label does that for some reason, not sure how to fix it yet, but when I find out I will. I'm glad you enjoy my pieces, and thank you for your support

Arre
Unread 11-18-2006, 11:18 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone
Default lu29

really really hoping to see a lu29 update . I miss this piece of my custom ui badly

Last edited by dabubba : 11-18-2006 at 11:56 AM.
Unread 11-19-2006, 07:04 AM
A Griffon

Your wish is my command....I'm currently in the process of revamping the pieces to fit LU29, including a more streamlined clean look gotta love the dancing banana
Unread 11-19-2006, 07:21 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

yay you're the best.

And the dancing bananna rocks =)
Unread 11-19-2006, 12:07 PM
A Coastal Crab

Talking Ty!

**curses LU29**

Awesome Arremis!!! Thank you!!!

/hug
/hug
/hug
Unread 11-21-2006, 01:04 PM
A Griffon

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to Findarato Send a message via MSN to Findarato Send a message via Yahoo to Findarato

Not bad very straight forward.

Unread 11-21-2006, 02:52 PM
A Griffon

Default LU29 Pieces Available

I've uploaded all my latest peices I've been working on. I appreciate everyone's patience. Here's a list of what I've done so far:

Bags - Bank - Chat - Clock - Group - Pet - Player - Target and Implied Target

Hope you enjoy them, and there are more pieces on the way! Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks for your support everyone!

Arre

Last edited by Arremis : 11-21-2006 at 02:57 PM.
Unread 11-22-2006, 10:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I found a problem with your bags. If change the Frame and Title style in the Window Settings, the "X" close button disappears and will not come back. Replacing the xml file does not fix it. I have 5 bags with close buttons, but the 6th bag no longer has one.

Edit: When I switch characters, the same bag has the same problem.

Last edited by ruadhin : 11-22-2006 at 10:24 PM.
Unread 11-23-2006, 02:52 PM
A Griffon

Default All Fixed

Fixed the problem with the bag. To fix your bag in game, remove the bag xml from your UI folder and log into game using the default bags. On the bags missing close buttons, go to window settings and in the style menu select Frame and Title Bar. This should bring the missing button back. Now log out of the game and place the new bag mod into the UI folder. Everything should be working properly now. NOTE: Hiding the frame in the window settings will cause the button to disappear, but showing the frame will bring it back. I've also made it to where the frame and background on the bag could not be hidden to avoid running into this bug again. It wasn't intended for this to be able to be done in the first place. Thanks for finding this bug Ruadhin.

Arre

Last edited by Arremis : 11-23-2006 at 03:52 PM.
Unread 11-23-2006, 06:05 PM
A Griffon

Default Arre29 Start Menu

Just released a Start Menu mod with an InfoCenter button. Check it out under Miscellaneous in the Downloads section
Unread 11-24-2006, 04:36 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe

Thank you for releasing the Start Menu mod.

I've noticed that when you click on the InfoCenter text it will bring up the IC but won't close the Start Menu. Would it be possible to change that by any chance?
Unread 11-25-2006, 02:28 AM
A Griffon

A nice observation. I'll look into that right away. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, and thanks for the compliment on the piece. Your feedback is much appreciated
Unread 11-25-2006, 06:33 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Still crossing my fingers on personna window plus I wanted to see the dancing bananna again
Unread 11-25-2006, 11:46 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Ok I DL'd ALL your updated pieces and installed them. I want you to know this is all great. I'd love to see you take on the XP bar and compass. Not to mention various other windows. I vote you do a total UI for that would rock and you'd become a god in my eyes. Your now only like a demi-god. Hey that is a good thing too. Oh a bug I'm finding. I have two chat windows. ZERO tabs in either. The first is for chat, ooc ect. The second is for guild chat only. All my combat and spells and such is just turned off. But when I go to speak in guild chat I MUST type /gu <message> or else nothing will be sent. Is this a known bug or you think I installed somethiong wrong? Anyway great work here. Keep it up and total UI...... Well I want one =)
Unread 11-25-2006, 12:36 PM
A Griffon

I've asked the other Authors to help me out with the closing out the start window when you press the InfoCenter button. From my testing and observation, the menu you see in game is streamlined from the server and detects when you click one of the buttons and closes it out. Since the InfoCenter button is custom, the server ignores it being pressed and doesn't close out the window like expected. Not sure if it's a bug, or just can't be done, but I've asked for help on that one.

As for your bug in the chat window, Moon, it's a known bug. You can find some possible solutions to that issue in this thread.

As for creating a whole UI, I'm still relatively new at modding, and still learning the ropes of different windows (not doing too badly you think?), I am going to do a complete UI in the future, but for now just bits and pieces as I'm learning. I already have grasped the concept of custom graphics, and am looking forward to doing a 100% custom graphic UI like T. King has done (T. stands for "The" F.Y.I. so when people refer to T. King they mean "THE KING (of EQ2 Interface Design), but I have to say I think Zonx is still the King of EQ2 Interface, after all, he's the one who started all this mess with EQ2Map.

I do have plans for making a custom compass and xp bar in the near future. I myself currently use the Milquetowst All-Digital XP Bar because it sums up XP, TS, AP, and GXP in one neat compact place, no frilly pictures or lines and dots and other fluffy stuff, just outright "This is your XP, and this is how far into level you are for this, this, this, and this."

In the meantime, I appreciate all your support, and glad you are enjoying my mod pieces, and I really get a kick out of doing them and seeing that people appreciate the work that goes into creating a piece. Thanks everyone for your feedback and support
Unread 11-25-2006, 09:55 PM
A Griffon

Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe

Tried the bags today and liked them for the most part. The were a bit too big for my personal tastes so I was wondering if there was any chance at a 32x32 icon size version?

Also, is the fact that the title is right up against the bag number an SOE thing because that seems to be the norm for what I've seen? It would be nice if there was a space between them such as:

(1) Bag 1

as opposed to:

(1)Bag 1

Just some thoughts.

EDIT: not sure if this has been mentioned already or not but a 6 column version could also be something to consider.

Just for the sake of it: a couple of changes and you would have pretty much duplicated my favorite bags of all time (which no longer work of course)

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3771

Last edited by FloridaFringe : 11-25-2006 at 10:01 PM.
Unread 11-26-2006, 09:07 PM
A Griffon

The title right up against the bag number is streamed from the server that way, and can't be modified. Six-slot-row bags sounds nifty and can be done. Look for it soon

UPDATE: Thanks to GM9, I was able to get the menu to close when you clicked on the button. The updated start menu is available in Miscellaneous downloads section.

Dancing banana anyone?

Last edited by Arremis : 11-27-2006 at 07:23 AM.
Unread 11-28-2006, 03:55 AM
A Griffon

Thank you for the update.

Out of curiosity, would it be difficult for me to change the icon used for the InfoCenter? If not would it need to be done with a photo editing program or could it be done simply using the UI Builder?
Unread 11-28-2006, 04:42 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFringe
Out of curiosity, would it be difficult for me to change the icon used for the InfoCenter? If not would it need to be done with a photo editing program or could it be done simply using the UI Builder?
If you just want to swap it for another existing icon then it's easy to do in UIbuilder. Look at the Source and SourceRect properties (double click the second one to edit it).
Unread 11-28-2006, 05:27 AM
A Griffon

Wow, that was easy. Worked like a charm.

I'm trying to learn a bit about modding but so far I've only spent several hours looking at files via the builder and making minor changes. I haven't read much about anything yet and that may be my biggest problem so far. What I've found is that I'm highly perplexed at how some of my minor changes actually affect how things work in the game.

For instance, I've tried changing some frame types on different bag mods and haven't found any of my changes to work as expected. O'well. Need to keep at it I guess.

Thanks for the tip.

On a note related to the start menu, I noticed that some of the icons have their edges cut off on the right side. It's not an issue directly related to this particular mod as it does the same thing with the default start menu. What I was wondering was whether or not something like that could be fixed so that all of the icons were the exact same size with their complete borders showing?

Also, not that I personally would use one of the icons as I just click on the titles themselves but could the InfoCenter icon be changed to work like a button just like the other start menu icons? If not, why not?

Again, just for curiosity sake and for my own better understanding of how things work with certain modding elements.

Thanks again.

Last edited by FloridaFringe : 11-28-2006 at 05:32 AM.
Unread 11-28-2006, 03:38 PM
A Griffon

You can put a button over the icon that will open the IC window when you press on it, but here's the downside: the icon bank for the original start menu buttons are on a template. The data for these icons are streamed to the client from the server. As far as I know, there's no way to include a custom icon into that set. As such you would have a working button, but you wouldn't have the pressed button effect like you get when you press on the other icons. That's why I just made the icon for looks. It minimizes the file size, and eliminates perfomance issues that may arise. Theoretically, I suppose it could be possible to switch images as the button is pressed and released, but that goes beyond my knowledge at the moment. One of the other Authors would have to give you a more detailed explanation as to why it can or can't be done
Unread 11-28-2006, 05:48 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You need to use a style template to define a different icon or an icon overlay when the icon is pressed.
Unread 11-30-2006, 07:42 PM
A Griffon

Send a message via ICQ to anfrey Send a message via AIM to anfrey Send a message via MSN to anfrey Send a message via Yahoo to anfrey

i just wanted to comment on your startbutton... and this is not for me, but for everyone else.... how about using one of the unused book icons for infocenter rather than the gears?

sir ansfrid takahityo of mithaniel marr — paladin, amorer, and guild advisor for the <knightshift>