EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 11-21-2007, 11:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Problem with FetishNightfall and EQ2map

EQ2map seem to change my FetishNightfall UI files..

I deleted everything and did a fresh install of the new Fetish Nightfall v9.5 and the new EQ2map v.1.0.13.

If I start the game before updating my maps the map window is perfect but as soon as I update my maps.. I get the default UI version of the map window with the toolbars of fetish and no fog check/uncheck option.

I tryed that option from EQ2map to not overwrite eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml but seem like it still doesnt work.

Please some help would be awesome.

Meldor
Coercer 80
Everfrost
Unread 11-21-2007, 12:40 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

The EQ2MAP just got some major changes to work with GU40. For two weeks the auto updater is downloading certain files that it doesn't normally download. See these posts in the Fetish forum for more information.
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...?t=8822&page=4

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 11-22-2007, 09:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFringe View Post
Replace the following files with the ones from Fetish v9.5 and you will have the most up-to-date Fetish map that you can get:

eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml
eq2map\core_menu.xml
eq2map\core_plugins.xml
eq2map\skinnable_Skinnable_Styles.xml
eq2map\skinnable_WindowElements.xml

Make sure to not run the EQ2MAP Updater anymore until Zonx puts out a new version of Fetish that addresses the current EQ2MAP Updater changes. Or be prepared to manually replace those files each time you run the EQ2MAP Updater.
Thanks!
Fixed my problem

Meldor 70 Coercer
Everfrost
Unread 11-23-2007, 04:58 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

Server: Splitpaw

If you make the following files readonly the updater will leave them alone

eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml
eq2map\core_menu.xml
eq2map\core_plugins.xml
Unread 11-23-2007, 12:44 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Blackburrow
Default Me too but it's working now

The exact same thing happened to me for the past few days and I posted a little while ago about it but just now I logged in and it's working fine again. Didn't do anything, the trouble disappeared as quickly as it started. Check yours and see if it's now working too.

Unread 12-11-2007, 02:03 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnils View Post

eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml
eq2map\core_menu.xml
eq2map\core_plugins.xml

no it wont leave them alone but instead spit out an error and stop updating alltogether:

Quote:
Unknown Error: mscorlib
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
at WindowsApplication7.Form1.GetFileMD5(String FilePath)
at WindowsApplication7.Form1.DownloadExtras()
at WindowsApplication7.Form1.DoUpdates()
at WindowsApplication7.Form1.Timer3_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr idEvent, IntPtr dwTime)Access to the path "W:\Everquest2\UI\fetish\eq2map\skinnable_WindowElements.xml" is denied.
so, that does NOT work

btw: to undo said read-only changes navigate to the fetish\eq2maps folder and do "attrib *.* -r" in there. ill stick with manually replacing those 4 files after updating and will now also try what the above poster said

Last edited by therealmosha : 12-11-2007 at 02:07 AM.
Unread 12-11-2007, 02:41 AM
A Griffon

Server: Everfrost

Actually it DOES work.

However, only with the newer versions of the updater. So, make sure you are using the latest version. If you already are there may be a bug that needs to be ironed out in the code, in which case you should post a bug report in the EQ2Map forum, with relevant information like updater and windows versions.

btw: you can also change the attributes of files through the windows explorer (in XP and 2000 atleast, not sure about vista). Open the folder and select the files you want to modify (ctrl-a for all) then right click one of the icons and select properties..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.jpg
Views:	1048
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	6204  

Last edited by Talyns : 12-11-2007 at 02:52 AM.
Unread 12-11-2007, 03:08 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrohan View Post
The exact same thing happened to me for the past few days and I posted a little while ago about it but just now I logged in and it's working fine again. Didn't do anything, the trouble disappeared as quickly as it started. Check yours and see if it's now working too.
thats not the case for me as ive just checked. will overwrite the files with clean versions from the fetish-archive.

Quote:
btw: you can also change the attributes of files through the windows explorer (in XP and 2000 atleast, not sure about vista). Open the folder and select the files you want to modify (ctrl-a for all) then right click one of the icons and select properties..
ya i am aware of this
but imo the attrib-way is fast because it changes all 4 changed files at once and personally i extremely dislike clicking around in gui-windows

Last edited by therealmosha : 12-11-2007 at 04:24 AM.
Unread 12-13-2007, 09:28 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnils View Post

eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml
eq2map\core_menu.xml
eq2map\core_plugins.xml
This works great, thanks a lot. I have been having this issue too with the map window converting back to default and it's been driving me bonkers. Great fix here, thanks again
Unread 01-17-2008, 12:47 PM
A Brown Bear

Hail all, I have the latest versions of both autoupdater and fetishnightfall -- everythign works fine, except that my maps sometimes are white, or different than the zone I'm in. Also, the 'standard' icons are not at their proper locations. Also, sometimes the wrong map's poi's show when the correct map comes up for the zone that I'm in. (i.e. in antonica, just came from thundersteppes, thundering steppes map shows with antonica poi's - or vice versa.) closing the map (pressing M) and opening it up again doesn't help.

I read this thread and did these changes, but it didn't help. I still have all the same problems (for example, right now, my map correctly states what zone I'm in, but the map that shows up in the window is a different map). Sometimes there are poi's with it, sometimes not. I've completely reinstalled my ENTIRE GAME. Fresh install for every single file for EQ2, Fetish mod, and EQ2 map mod. These are the only mods I have.

=\

Last edited by Fynite : 01-17-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Unread 01-18-2008, 10:33 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Confirm. I have same situation.
Also, most of this problems occurs if I zone with map minimized (docked).
If I zone with docked map, I see such behavior
1. New map loaded properly
2. All standard points shown about 30-40 pixels directly down from their position.
3. Old POI (from previous zone) still on the map.
4. New POI loaded correctly
For most maps this creates a complete mess of points.
Switching maps does not help -- if I select another map it switches OK but Old POI still on the screen.
Turning map to/from docking position does not help.
Turning map on/off does not help.

Possibly standard points shown on improper places is different bug, and just coincides with sticky old POI.
Unread 01-18-2008, 10:41 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Only zoneing with loading screen cause such thing. Zoneing without loading (like from East to West in Commonland) behave correctly for me.
Unread 01-20-2008, 04:22 AM
A Brown Bear

Hey again, all. I found that (after reinstalling my FetishNightfall... again), if I installed EQ2 Map Manual Version while also NOT overwriting Fetish's following files:

eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml
eq2map\core_menu.xml
eq2map\core_plugins.xml

I don't have any more map issues. Only problem, so far, is that it's the manual version :P

What I'm thinking is that the files were made to be incompatible with FetishNightfall when the auto-updater ran for EQ2 Map, even though I did make those files read-only when I was using the auto-updating version of EQ2 Map.

I'll post more info, if I run into any more problems.

[edit] Actually, I still have some occassional problems with shattered lands standard icons, but I understand that to be an SOE problem

Last edited by Fynite : 01-22-2008 at 12:36 AM.
Unread 01-20-2008, 05:50 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynite View Post
What I'm thinking is that the files were made to be incompatible with FetishNightfall when the auto-updater ran for EQ2 Map, even though I did make those files read-only when I was using the auto-updating version of EQ2 Map.
Did you make sure you have the latest version of the updater, old one can't handle read-only files.

Last edited by jnils : 01-20-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Unread 01-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Yep, you can use the autoupdating version (I do) just so long as its one of jnils new versions (newest version works great) and make them read-only. It'll just say a tiny message <file> is read only and can't be updated and skip it.

The old version that was there for like YEARs (1.06) was taco-mans and didn't handle read-only files and time-outs and such very well at all. jnils improved it a *great* deal =)
Unread 01-20-2008, 12:47 PM
A Brown Bear

Hi, thank you both for your ideas. The auto-updating version I used was 1.0.16 and I am sure I made the files listed above read-only, because I got the yellow messages in the EQ2 Map updating window that verified it couldn't 'update' those files, but it still caused me problems. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling my entire UI including re-downloading the files for FetishNightfall 9.5 and EQ2 Map 1.0.16 several times. I also completely uninstalled and reinstalled my entire game. Nothing has worked, if I try to use the auto-updating version of EQ2 Map.
Unread 01-20-2008, 01:34 PM
EQ2MAP Developer

Strange
Is it any of these files that DO get updated anyway ??
Unread 01-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynite View Post
Hi, thank you both for your ideas. The auto-updating version I used was 1.0.16 and I am sure I made the files listed above read-only, because I got the yellow messages in the EQ2 Map updating window that verified it couldn't 'update' those files, but it still caused me problems. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling my entire UI including re-downloading the files for FetishNightfall 9.5 and EQ2 Map 1.0.16 several times. I also completely uninstalled and reinstalled my entire game. Nothing has worked, if I try to use the auto-updating version of EQ2 Map.
Can you copy and paste the exact messages where its saying its read-only and can't be skipped? Maybe you're missing a file that should be read only.