Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 08-20-2008, 11:28 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone
Default Main Chat & World Chat channels help

Brief Summary:
===============

I like the World Chat Channels, but do not want them on my "Main Chat" tab. Hence, I uncheck them in the Main Chat tab.

Next, if I create an OOC tab and put some other chat channels in that tab, but also add (ie Check) several of the World Chat Channels, then it seems to automatically re-add those same World Chat Channels back to Main Chat even though I have previously unchecked them on that Tab.

Again, I only added them to the OOC tab I created, but it re-checked them also in the Main Chat tab, too.

Question: How (if any) can I still have the World Chat channels, but not have them also linked to my Main Chat? The goal is to have the World Chat Channels on my OOC tab that I've created, and due to the reasons I stated above I've not been able to do that unless I still allow the system to keep them on my Main Chat tab too.

I posted this question on the EQ2 forums, but the resolutions suggested pertained to altering the eq2.ini file which is already altered by Fetish

Unread 08-20-2008, 05:02 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Guk

Looks to me like World Channels are globally tied to the main chat tab and cannot be altered to show up anywhere else. Notice they show up as checked on both tabs. That suggests to me that the items under the Message Filter column are configurable, but the World Channels are simply on or off and are not tab definable. I don't think this is UI specific regardless.
Unread 08-20-2008, 08:28 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone

As stated earlier, I had also made a post on the EQ2 forums. It looks like I finally got an excellent response of the following:

Link to EQ2 forums thread

Quote:
Thanks for pointing this out. I've just checked in a fix that should allow you to properly turn off channels in the first chat tab. It should ideally go out with GU48.

Joshua "Autenil" Kriegshauser
Technical Director, EverQuest II
Sony Online Entertainment
Unread 08-25-2008, 05:54 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

Yah this has been an intermitent problem for a long time.

In theory you can enable global channels (which always enables them to mainchat), then right click the tab you want them assigned to and check them there. Then disable them for the mainvhat tab. The problem is often when you relogg, you'll find those globals have been reenabled for the main tab, forcing you to uncheck them each time you log in.

Hopefully the patch will fix this. They probably just neglected to include the tab assignment for globals when saving the settings.