EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 12-27-2006, 04:15 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Escaping windows

Thanks for the awesome UI, Zonx, and thanks for lightning fast updates and fixes!

Would it be possible to ensure that all windows are closable via ESC key? Currently I know if Inventory and Map which does not close when you press ESC. I have ESC bound as a quick button on my mouse and it's rather annoying to have to go up and click the X on the windows to close them.

Also, I don't know if it would be possible for you to do this in fetish, or if it's an SoE problem, but having opened windows close (via ESC) in reverse order you opened them in would be great. Like having the broker open and 3 or 4 examine items, sometimes using ESC will close the broker! Open windows A, B and C, pressing ESC three times should close windows C, B and A in that order. Does that make sense?

Again, thanks for the hard work you put into this UI. Hope you had a happy holiday!
Unread 12-27-2006, 09:04 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

ESC always operates on the top most window. No way for me to make it close bottom most.

The Map and Inventory windows were made to ignore ESC by popular demand. They can be toggled easily with "M" abd "I" respectively. No need to use the mouse.

To re-enable ESC for Inventory, open eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml in Notepad and delete this code bit...
Code:
allowcloseontop="false"
To re-enable ESC for the Map, open eq2maps/skinable_WindowElements.xml in Notepad and delete...
Code:
parent.allowcloseontop=false
Unread 12-27-2006, 11:59 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Thank you for the code. This is one less question that I'll need to ask now.