EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 02-26-2019, 07:21 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Unkown
Question I don't want to have to log into each toon in order to

Copy all of the UI interface changes I make on a single character. I want to figure out what lines within the UI file for that character to copy, so that I can then paste those lines into the other characters UI file. I have ten characters, which I know is nothing compared to a lot of people who play the game. However, it's irritating to me to have to remember to update the UI everytime I make a change. I have enough memory issues as it is. I'd much rather figure out that I prefer something changed, on a single character, and then log out of the game for a few minutes to copy that character UI over to the other nine. If someone would kindly help, I'd really appreciate it, so much.
Unread 02-27-2019, 06:13 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Can you give an example of the kind of changes you're referring to?

Unread 02-27-2019, 07:42 AM
A Berserk Golem

Red face

I've moved the placement of different interface windows, such as the bags, the target and implied target, and other UI elements. It depends upon the situation. I try setting up the windows, and then find myself wanting to adjust some of them due to convenience. An example, I had my crafting window on one side, then, after logging into everyone and setting up the UI for each toon, decided that I wanted to move it to a different place. This turned out to be better placement, but meant that I would have to relog everyone in order to change it for everyone.

I'd much rather just go onto a toon and find out I prefer a placement change (for any UI element). Make the change and log out. Go into that character's UI file (I found all of them) and copy everything except the one or two lines that relate specifically to THAT character. I mean, I have no problem with copying the rest of the file, then pasting it into each of the other characters UI file. That way, I spend far less time fixing the UI for everyone, because I'm not having to spend that 20 seconds camping, as well as typing in the commands to bring up the UI (and remembering who to copy from).

I have vision issues, so I'm already having to use windows Magnifier to view elements of the screen. This means that I have to waste even more time with that as well. If I were able to just have a small window for the copy/paste for each character, this would simplify things tremendously. I'm hoping this clarifies things a little bit. And thank you for responding.
Unread 02-27-2019, 05:23 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

If /load_uisettings is not giving you the result you want, the DarqUI Unified utility can do some of it. Using DarqUI, the windows that you can duplicate between characters are
  • Bags (also includes Ammo bag)
  • Bank (includes Shared Bank and House Vault)
  • Chat (windows, tabs and chat channels)
  • Hotbars

In the utility, go to the character that needs to be updated, then go to the desired window component listed above. There is a dropdown on the right-hand side of the utility. Open that and choose the character that has the correct layout. Click Replace, then click Autosave or move to the next character.

If you want to reposition other windows that are not listed above without disturbing the other window settings for your characters, you'll have to do that manually with the server_character_eq2_uisettings.xml files as you are already doing.

Unread 02-27-2019, 06:12 PM
A Berserk Golem

Since I'm having problems with installing any custom UI (see my other post in this same section), I was given the suggestion of going directly into the character UI file. Because I couldn't find anything with a server or character name (except for the actual file name, that is), I went into one file and made some minor chat window changes. All I did with that file was copy and paste the chat window channels, so that they were uniform within the UI file. It had been annoying me forever that I couldn't get the game to make that change with requests, so it was nice to do it myself directly. Then I just renamed another character Ui file, and copy/pasted the information between the two different character files. Tested, and it worked!!!

I'll be honest. I didn't actually think to go in and poke around within the character UI file myself. I guess I was just too scared of the potential for mischief inherant in making any accidental changes to a file. I've worked tech support, I know how things can happen without intentionally doing it. But, now that I made the changes and tested them, I'm happy.

Now, to just get a custom UI to install properly on my computer. I'm sorry Darq, I tried your UI and liked some components. But I'm a diehard fan of Profit, with so many things designed to make a crafter's life so much easier. And it's also better for me visually, because so much of it is setup to be compact. The regular UI is just so... bulky, is one way to describe it.