EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 03-23-2005, 04:20 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle

I noticed that the hotbar now has labels on it. Is there any way to take these off?
Unread 03-23-2005, 05:21 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

First i must say your work is great

I used your skin since version 5.

I like the new marble look.

But now on the last version 8 the main spell bar working again, but not complete... i don't see how long my casts working... i meen the fading gray background from the icons...

Last edited by Wolffire : 03-23-2005 at 06:31 PM.
Unread 03-23-2005, 07:32 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

You will be missed, but heres a bug I found in the 1600x1200 version:

In the quest helper and the window right of it which shows yourr inventory, no matter what you do the window always fades if you do not have your more over it, window options do nothing to solve this, not too sure how to go about fixing it as of yet.
Unread 03-23-2005, 08:34 PM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaror
I noticed that the hotbar now has labels on it. Is there any way to take these off?
In his past releases he offered a non labeled hotkey, but it seems he left it out of this one. I have a basic understanding of the UIBuilder. I removed the labels from this release, and below is the file hotkey file. Just overwrite the one that is included in perdi's mod. Attached screeie below without labels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000015.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	2041  
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml (11.8 KB, 462 views)

Last edited by mackgee : 03-23-2005 at 08:37 PM.
Unread 03-23-2005, 08:38 PM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackgee
In his past releases he offered a non labeled hotkey, but it seems he left it out of this one. I have a basic understanding of the UIBuilder. I removed the labels from this release, and below is the file hotkey file. Just overwrite the one that is included in perdi's mod. Attached screeie below without labels.

he did include a label free hotkey, was misslabled eq2ui.....hotkeysav.xml
Unread 03-24-2005, 12:46 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Butcherblock

This UI is great. Excellent job but I just have a couple of problems. First and foremost I would like to know how I can get the old dark color back. It was so much easier to see the text and also my chat windows are not saving. The default one is unaffected but the others vanish. Can someone please help me with this issue.
Unread 03-24-2005, 02:19 AM
A Brown Bear

Default Perdition - I hate to see you go.

I really hate to hear your leaving us, I and many other guild members of mine have been using your UI mode forever. You have never failed us in providing fast and great updated. For this I and those of us from Safe Haven on AB, want to thank you for all your hard work.

Thank you!

Though is there a way to use v8 and still have the old black back ground?

Nadev
www.safe-haven.us
Unread 03-24-2005, 04:48 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
You will be missed, but heres a bug I found in the 1600x1200 version:

In the quest helper and the window right of it which shows yourr inventory, no matter what you do the window always fades if you do not have your more over it, window options do nothing to solve this, not too sure how to go about fixing it as of yet.
You need to set Letterbox to Minimum (in the options menu, under Widescreen Letterbox). Windows outside the letterbox don't show backgrounds or frames unless moused-over no matter what their settings under Window Settings.
Unread 03-24-2005, 10:52 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Oasis
Talking

Only got a membership on this site so I could thank you for this UI. When it was broken by the last patch and I couldn't use it, I really hated going back to the default UI. It was painful. Though there are plenty of fine UI modifications out there, yours was the one that suited my playstyle best. Thanks goes to you and to the original author, TyeJae, for all your hard work.

Thank you.

Good luck in your future endevours!
Unread 03-24-2005, 03:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

can this be used on 1024x768?? because the (tyjae 1024x768) hasnt been updated since recent update and still has AC on it. i really like this skin but resolution 2 high for monitor
Unread 03-24-2005, 11:08 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Oasis
Smile

love ui but would really like old color back is this possible?

Please
Unread 03-25-2005, 12:22 AM
A Grove Wisp

Default V6 was better

IMO V6 was almost the perfect UI and i went back to it even when V7 and V8 came out due to the color and hot keys seem smaller and to close together in V7 and V8. I am comparing V6 to V8 and if i can figure out all the code to Keep V6 and add all the changes that V8 brought. I am no UI expert but i got to give it a shot as i have reached the point of no return on UI's as V6 is the best IMO...

Peridition I'm very sorry to see you go if i have questions can i E-Mail you? if not thanks for a Great UI...

Istoff

PS V6 works with all the mod changes recomended by Dobly except the AC is still bugged in V6. however the correct Numbers do show up in your Persona window.
Unread 03-25-2005, 07:37 AM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Is the AC in the target window in V6 ? if so find eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml and post it here I will fix it for you.
Unread 03-25-2005, 07:48 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Why u not use eq2map?
Unread 03-25-2005, 10:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Hot Bars

I am not sure what I did .. But I can not move the hotbars and they are in the wrong location. Can anyone help me out on this? I created new ones and I still could not get them to move. ANy help will be greatly appreciated.

Cielo

EDIT !!!

I figured it out. For those that can not move them u must go into window setting for each hotbar and change it from Frame only to Frame and titlebar. Then you should be able to relocate them.

Last edited by Cielo350 : 03-25-2005 at 12:08 PM.
Unread 03-25-2005, 12:22 PM
A Brown Bear

Could someone tell me how to fix the chat windows not saving and also how I can change the UI color back to its old color. This grey color is to conflicting with the text.
Unread 03-25-2005, 03:28 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX
Could someone tell me how to fix the chat windows not saving and also how I can change the UI color back to its old color. This grey color is to conflicting with the text.
You can't just switch back the old grey color. The graphic file where the background image is for this UI is in the image folder and is called perdigraphics.dds.

In order the "switch" back to the old grey background you would have to re-create this graphic file with the look of the old grey style. I don't have enough knowledge on how to do this, but I do have the ability to darken or change the coloring of the current marble look. These changes can be done in Photoshop with the DDS plug-in.

I attached a screen shot of what I did with the grey marble look. I gave it a red/yellow tint, and darkened it so I am able to see the chat text, and some of the green text that was difficult to read.

If you are interested I can create the same for you in a different color than red/yellow or if you like mine then just let me know and I will post it here for download.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000015.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	2083  
Unread 03-25-2005, 03:41 PM
A Griffon

Could you post it under the "addons" section where the main UI is please.. As lots of people seem to want to change the background, That will will keep all the addons / patches in the same place So peeps can find stuff easy..

Just a sugestion Thanks
Unread 03-25-2005, 08:21 PM
A Brown Bear

I would like a dark greyish blue if that cant be done just dark grey would be nice.. If you could do that I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance
Unread 03-25-2005, 09:54 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Could you post it under the "addons" section where the main UI is please.. As lots of people seem to want to change the background, That will will keep all the addons / patches in the same place So peeps can find stuff easy..

Just a sugestion Thanks
Good idea.. I'll do a range of colors, and post them in one package.. Dark greyish blue included..
Unread 03-25-2005, 10:33 PM
A Mist Grinnin

I've uploaded the colored backgrounds like Laffs suggested in the patches and add-ons for Perditions UI. Awaiting approval from admin. Here's a screenie of the choices:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	samples.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	2092  
Unread 03-26-2005, 12:50 AM
A Brown Bear

You are the man. Thanks for the different color skins. They Work great!

Last edited by DSX : 03-26-2005 at 01:34 AM.
Unread 03-26-2005, 07:44 AM
A Griffon

Nice one thanks for that Mackgee
Unread 03-26-2005, 05:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default New Chat windows

I am having problems keeping my additional chat windows saved and in place. I only get one and I am trying to keep 2 windows I added up.. Any suggestions.??

Thanx
Cielo
Unread 03-27-2005, 12:27 AM
A Brown Bear

Yea I have the same problem. I called SOE Tech support and its a known issue that they are working on.

You can try a couple things. First thing is delete your UI settings in your main Directory (server_charactername_eq2_uisettings.ini) and also delete eq2_recent.ini. That is what they suggested to do. Didnt work for me but maybe it will work for you.