EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 03-25-2012, 05:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Profit UI Raid Window

Also going to post this here as well..

Now that I am in a raiding guild.. I would like to use the Raid window.. but NOTHING I can do will make it show.. I hit Alt R.. NOTHING...

Does anyone have any thoughts??? I have uninstalled.. and reinstalled.. HELP!!!!!

Kenn
[email protected]
Unread 03-25-2012, 07:07 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

OK, first question is probably dumb but, are you a member of a raid at the time? If you aren't in a raid, the raid window will be completely blank and it might not be apparent that it's there if it's background is transparent. To check that, use the F10 key to force most open windows to have a solid black background and then try Alt-R to toggle the raid window on and off. If you get a solid black rectangle popping in and out, you aren't in a raid and the window's showing but blank. I tend to adjust the background transparencies to be a bit more opaque so I can spot them even when they don't have any content.

Once done, hit F10 twice more to get back to the regular HUD. The cycle it goes through is normal HUD, all open windows with a solid black background, no UI at all, and back to normal.
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:44 AM
A Griffon

This is probably what's going on. My memory is that the window is transparent and will be invisible if there is no content.
Unread 04-02-2012, 09:46 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I know for a fact I am in a raid and still no raid window...

I do know if I go to option and rest my windows.. its back..but that throws Profit right out the window.. no pun intended...
Unread 04-03-2012, 12:16 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodrichkenn View Post
I know for a fact I am in a raid and still no raid window...
You've tried the key to toggle the raid window off and on? Nothing fancy, no options window or anything, just Alt-R a couple of times (ideally with F10 used to force all windows to show a solid black background). If that fails, I'd go into your game installation folder, down into UI/ProfitUI and delete the eq2ui_mainhud_raid.xml file and re-run the updater. That'll force it to patch in the most recent version of the raid window. The only other thing I can think of would be that you've got the raid window positioned off-screen for some reason. To cure that, go into Options, User Interface, Game Windows and scroll down until you find the "Allow Windows Offscreen" setting. Make sure it is not checked. Clearing that setting forces off-screen windows back onto the screen, it should cure bad positioning.

I'm fairly sure this is a problem with your specific UI settings, not Profit in general. I raid using Profit, a good dozen people I know all raid using it, and even intermittent problems with the group and raid windows get griped about loudly until a fix shows up. But I've seen some very weird behavior related to wonky data in the UI settings themselves, and a couple of times the only way I've been able to cure the problem is to delete the UI settings completely and start over fresh from the default Profit UI settings for my screen resolution (which is really really annoying, and I Took Steps after the second time).
Unread 08-26-2012, 02:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Raid Window

Those last two options were great.. but alas.. no raid window.. I am going rebuild all my windows and see what happens.. Thanks everyone...

Kenn
Unread 08-26-2012, 06:08 PM
A Griffon

The only other thing I can think is that your raid window's positioned off-screen. The only way I know of to fix that without losing your entire UI layout is to go into your game installation folder and look for a file named Server_Character_eq2_uisettings.xml (replace Server and Character with the name of your server and character). Edit it, and look for '<Window Name="Raid"'. Delete that line, and possibly the 2 following it if they're a '<Properties' element and a bare '</Window>'. Save the file and restart the game, and the raid window should come up at it's default location and you can reposition it and reset it's window settings to what you want.