Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 01-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest
Default Beta Testers needed [Tradeskill Window]

LU19 Compliant...

Please post comments to this thread...

Note: Don't click the "Choose" buttons unless your at a workbench and have it selected otherwise they work similiar to the /exit command.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tradeskills.jpg
Views:	561
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	4500  
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_tradeskills.xml (47.4 KB, 321 views)
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."

Last edited by Faetyl : 01-22-2006 at 11:56 AM.
Unread 01-22-2006, 10:37 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

I haven't actually 'used' this window (done any tradeskilling) yet, but I've taken a peek at it a time or two and found that you cannot close the window using the 'b' keyboard shortcut. Also, when using Escape to close it, you have to hit the key twice (first time will only close the right pane/frame, and the second will close the entire window).

As soon as I'm in the mood to tradeskill and able to fully test the window, I'll post again.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 01-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Default Updated v1.1

Good points.

Originally I thought it would be nice to show both pages with data, so I placed an "On Show" tag.

But now that you mention it, there's really no reason to have the "prepare or create" pages showing unless your well preparing or creating.

I've removed the "On Show" tag and this should resolve the issues you noticed.

I've also updated this version with a thinner recipe description line.
This allows for more recipes to be visible at once.

I'm thinking of decreasing the descriptive text size as well.
Any thoughts on the text being smaller?

I've updated the above file with the newer version...

Thanks again for your time,
Thor
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 01-23-2006, 08:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Trade Skill Window

UI window functions well. I like he old one because I am used to it :-) As far as function.... It works... The green for "you countered correct is nice but is large as well as the red for missed counters" I would also like to see the fonts a little bit larger on the text . One other function that I would like is the ability to resize the entire window. I am sure I would cut data off when I resize it but if I am going to make say 200 of one item, I do not want so much of my screen landscape taken up. Overall nice work. Thanks
Unread 01-27-2006, 08:03 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default LU19 -- B Is Wrong Key

Since this is designed to be LU19 compliant, the comment about B not bringing this up may be related. In LU19 (ie, on Test right now) you use n, not b. (b opens all your bags, B opens all your bank items.)
Unread 01-28-2006, 11:04 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonBlade
Since this is designed to be LU19 compliant, the comment about B not bringing this up may be related. In LU19 (ie, on Test right now) you use n, not b. (b opens all your bags, B opens all your bank items.)
Just for the record, I did try using both keyboard shrotcuts ('b' and 'n') before I posted about it. That change will be pushed out when the LU happens. Until then, the default shortcuts stay the same.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 02-03-2006, 06:28 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryrodent
UI window functions well. I like he old one because I am used to it :-) As far as function.... It works... The green for "you countered correct is nice but is large as well as the red for missed counters" I would also like to see the fonts a little bit larger on the text . One other function that I would like is the ability to resize the entire window. I am sure I would cut data off when I resize it but if I am going to make say 200 of one item, I do not want so much of my screen landscape taken up. Overall nice work. Thanks
Second that on the ability to resize. I like the new window but it does take up too much real estate.

Thanks

Tarkus
Unread 02-07-2006, 02:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Greetings great ui builder,

I like the new tradeskill window better than the old one. I like the big event icon that goes to green or red. and the original 4 durability and progress bars. I also like the double window layout, although it does take up a lot of space.

I also like the powerbar that is added to the left side. I could do without the health bar though. It doesn't provide any useful information when crafting (unless you are really bad at it maybe), and it makes the window more cluttered with green and blue bars then neccesary.

I love the default buttons for escape and enter when i craft. But there is a problem because of the new seach textbox. When i press escape and enter to make the same component over and over again, the cursor tends to end up in the search textbox now. So when i press my hotbars for buffing and countering, instead of applying my tradeskill abilities i enter 123123 etc. in the search textbox. I first have to use my mouse to click on something outside the tradeskill window to use my hotbars again. That's a bit annoying.

Hope this is some useful feedback. I love your UI and the update mechanism works really fabulous.

kind regards,

Richard
Unread 02-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Excellent feedback Richard and thank you.

The "enter going to the search field" has been mentioned in another post and my reply of the workaround was to press enter once more to leave the search field untill I can resolve it.

Good points on the health bar...

I do beleive the window is to big still. (Most know me as trimming windows as much as possible)

I'll try and slim it down a bit soon.

I've also been toying with the thought of making the window see through so we can see our reactions on the table better.

Much more work to be done for sure.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 02-10-2006, 04:18 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately the suggested work around does not seem to work for me. No matter how many times I press Enter or any other key, the cursor stays focussed in the textbox.
I will use the buttons for 'Stop', 'Repeat' and 'Begin" instead of pressing escape and enter, to prevent the searchbox from receiving the focus.

One of the good things about the size of the new tradeskill window, is that it is too large to walk around with, so i tend to close it before going to another crafting station. With the default crafting window, I often end up entering endless strings of wwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssdd in the seach textbox when i start moving around

kind regards,

Richard
Unread 02-10-2006, 04:59 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default HATE new window TS

As a provisoner it sucks and i might have to get an entirely differnt UI if you dont resize or go back to old window format cause it takes up 3/4s of my screen and as a provisoner we of all the TS's need the enter button to activate or its a long ass nite clicking enter via left clicking with cursor either go back to old format for provisoners or give us an option PLEAZE PLEASE PLEEZE PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEE love rest of ui
Unread 02-10-2006, 05:30 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

I love the new TS-window and I think one of the easiest workarounds of the "search"-problem would be to just click the chatwindow (not in the area you type, but anywhere else) prior to starting the crafting-process.
That'll take focus off the TS-window and enable you to craft with hotbuttons, just as I always do )
Unread 02-10-2006, 07:54 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Cwan, did you know that SOE offers a tradeskill window of their own?
Did you also know that all features within the ThorUI AU are optional?

If you took the time to read my post you would see that I acknowledge the window is too large and needs work.

If you don't like something then don't use it.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 02-13-2006, 07:06 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Comment to new TS window

Problems:
- window is too large. Even in 1280*1024 it covers almost whole view. It should be compressed a bit...
- Create button is active even when crafting?
- it is almost not possible to craft using keyboard only. It keeps skipping to Search textline on Enter key. Remember that advanced crafters do craft using keys only (Enter start/Esc stop/numbers - counters)
- There is some strange "bug". When crafting with keyboard it accidentaly jumps to search textline ... the you see your 123123123456456123 in search dialog instead of activating skills. The only help is to click your mouse - if you notice this. This is quite bad as this can happen in final phase and you would spoil your rare craft by this. This is the worst this about this mod which makes me think about replacement.
- overall progress+overall durability bars ++ healt + power bars have same color and size as per-tier progress/durability bars. This is VERY confusing - they do look the same and are very close to each other - it prevents crafter to quickly check health / overall durability / ... (it takes a while to find the right bar) while countering events. They should have different size (eg. power + health sorter) or position (not so close each other, or on ther side of crafting window?) or color.

On the other side:
- marking (un)successful counetr by red/green color is great.
- per-tier durability / progres bars are useful.
- I would add craft XP bar on this mod (it should not take too much space when used eg. as a separator )
Unread 02-13-2006, 09:20 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Very helpful summary thank you much for your time!

I'll see about working on this soon.
Forums

Got Guild?