EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 04-09-2005, 09:43 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Mistmoore
Send a message via ICQ to Dadditude Send a message via AIM to Dadditude Send a message via MSN to Dadditude Send a message via Yahoo to Dadditude
Unhappy "Locked" Examine Item Window

I recently started having a problem with my UI and I am hoping that someone out there has some idea as to what the cause may be and how to fix it.

I recently decided to do away with the letterbox area on my system in order to see more of the scenery. Since doing that, the first Examine Item window that I open is locked in place, unable to be moved in any direction. The "Move" cursor (with the 4-way arrows) never even comes up. This does not happen with other types of examine windows or the second and subsequent Examine Item window.

I do not know if this is a general UI problem, a problem with Nightfall, or a problem with depechenode's Advanced Examine Windows (which I use), so I am posting this question in all 3 places in the hopes that someone out there can help me figure it out.
Unread 04-09-2005, 11:04 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Lavastorm

Ya I too am having the same problem with the first examine window not being able to move. Don't know how to fix. I think I all ready tried to remove all UI mods to see if there was a defunked code somewhere and that did not work.

Trip
Unread 04-10-2005, 12:28 AM
Bellum Aeternus
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Unkown

Look in each examine window's xml file on the second line at the end of the line for UserMovable="true"

That should be true. Don't know of any other way to restrict moving of windows...
Unread 04-10-2005, 02:20 AM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore
Send a message via ICQ to Dadditude Send a message via AIM to Dadditude Send a message via MSN to Dadditude Send a message via Yahoo to Dadditude
Unhappy Source of problem found... and that's the bad news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadditude
I recently started having a problem with my UI and I am hoping that someone out there has some idea as to what the cause may be and how to fix it.

I recently decided to do away with the letterbox area on my system in order to see more of the scenery. Since doing that, the first Examine Item window that I open is locked in place, unable to be moved in any direction. The "Move" cursor (with the 4-way arrows) never even comes up. This does not happen with other types of examine windows or the second and subsequent Examine Item window.

I do not know if this is a general UI problem, a problem with Nightfall, or a problem with depechenode's Advanced Examine Windows (which I use), so I am posting this question in all 3 places in the hopes that someone out there can help me figure it out.

After doing some testing, I think I have found out what the source of my problem is, and that's the bad news... It seems that my uisettings file has become corrupted, as renaming my uisettings file so that a new one would be created resulted in the problem going away. Does anyone know of a way to diagnose exactly what is wrong with the uisettings file, or am I doomed to setting everything back up again?