EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 07-30-2012, 02:09 PM
An Undead Settler
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Gremlin in the mix

I don't about anyone else, but I've noticed since I have been tweaking my "Target" window that the "cast" bar on the target window & the "Target Casting" window both have a glitch where the bar almost never makes it completely across before disappearing... I target my self and hit my GH call a 5sec cast with 92% ability cast speed (on a 80 inquisitor), and one moment while trying to cast it, it shows i'm casting it for 1-2 seconds then disappears, i hit esc or jump and then cast it again and the next time it gets 2-4 seconds through the cast and vanishes... very random as to how long the window or bar will show... I am guessing by my fiddling and lack of real knowledge when it comes to building ui's its not a UI issue its a SOE end issue i'm having with it... its like the dynamicdata is lost or dropped before the cast completes... kinda wish SOE would loosen up some of the hard codes and let us have more control over things... in my tweaking of the target window I've been trying to move the spell icons above the hp/mp bars but am finding its either not possible or i'm just doing it wrong
Unread 07-30-2012, 02:52 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

I'm seeing similar things, the casting bars in the target and implied target window work perfectly but the target casting window bars are erratic. Sometimes they fail to show entirely, other times the bar runs way too fast and isn't in sync with the target/implied-target window bars. I'm getting the impression that, because it's a custom window, the dynamic data isn't being fed to it the same way it's being fed to the standard windows.

That and some other issues actually getting the bars to show long enough to see where they are is making it a pain getting the size and position decent. I'm trying to see if using some other dynamic data will make the bars show all the time so I can position them right.
Unread 07-30-2012, 08:45 PM
A Griffon

I think I've got the size and position right. The target casting bar appears on top, the implied target casting bar below it. I notice some changes on Live to the casting bars, I'll have to look those over to see what's in them. I'm attaching the updated XML file for anyone who wants to try it before it's on the updater.
Attached Files
File Type: xml _ProfitUI_TargetCasting.xml (3.2 KB, 494 views)
Unread 07-30-2012, 10:16 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Unkown

This is being patched to Live tomorrow: 7/31

GENERAL

Options for who to display a casting bar for, as well as special coloration for allied casting bars, have been added. These options can be found under User Interface (Advanced) - Targeting Windows.

I don't know if Profit will be updated for this but Drums had a fix in for this all weekend.

I'm still unsure of the development schedule for ProfitUi as Silat no longer works on it. Changes do occur but its my understanding its not in active development.

Always liked Profit but may switch to Drums as I am picky about not waiting more than a day for 3rd party UI fixes.
Unread 07-30-2012, 10:56 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidu View Post

GENERAL

Options for who to display a casting bar for, as well as special coloration for allied casting bars, have been added. These options can be found under User Interface (Advanced) - Targeting Windows.

I don't know if Profit will be updated for this but Drums had a fix in for this all weekend.

I'm still unsure of the development schedule for ProfitUi as Silat no longer works on it. Changes do occur but its my understanding its not in active development.

Always liked Profit but may switch to Drums as I am picky about not waiting more than a day for 3rd party UI fixes.
Looks like your post came even after tknarr posted a fix to the casting bar. Profit is still maintained he did explain that he has a large work schedual right now and would be delayed. As I believe dolby has pointed out these authors work free of charge and I have even seen silat chime in and make some fixes when needed. Also note the fix wasn't from a 3rd party ui author for the issue that the casting bar was having it was on SoEs side with a work around provided by SoE on their official forums which drums happen to take advantage of while waiting for the SoE fix.

Last edited by Papabard : 07-30-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Unread 07-31-2012, 01:34 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidu View Post

GENERAL

I'm not sure this is the same issue. I haven't seen the UI code on Test, so until it goes live I've no idea what they're changing. My fixes were strictly to the positioning of the progress bars in a ProfitUI-specific custom window (the bars were overlaid on each other so you couldn't see both at once). Once I see the UI XML changes I'll know what needs done in Profit to accommodate it.

If you want same-day support for changes in the UI, generally the only way to get that's with the default UI. For any third-party UI, it depends on how much free time the authors/maintainers have and how big the changes are. I tend to prioritize things, changes that'll break Profit and make it unusable get my attention ASAP while purely cosmetic things or things with easy workarounds take a bit longer.
Unread 07-31-2012, 10:43 AM
A Griffon

I'm headed into the game now and will take a particular look at the new settings for the casting bars. I'll post if anything breaks.
Unread 07-31-2012, 06:50 PM
A Griffon

I patched in and ran a diff, and the only changes to the UI XML are on the welcome screen. Whatever they did, it doesn't affect the UI code so I'm guessing no changes needed to custom UIs.
Unread 08-01-2012, 07:21 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
I patched in and ran a diff, and the only changes to the UI XML are on the welcome screen. Whatever they did, it doesn't affect the UI code so I'm guessing no changes needed to custom UIs.

The casting bar changes were all internal to the Options window. For authors wanting to duplicate the new options elsewhere in the UI (or for creating macros), commands for the new settings are:

show_target_effects 1 or 0
show_implied_target_effects 1 or 0

show_casting_bars_type 0 through 3, for each of the four types in the dropdown

ally_casting_bar_rgb_red (0 through 255)
ally_casting_bar_rgb_green (0 through 255)
ally_casting_bar_rgb_blue (0 through 255)

PS: Custom castbars are not completely back to normal yet since the spell progressbars are still failing to show up for the duration of some casts, which is a new problem introduced with the last game update. This thread has the details.

Last edited by Darqwood : 08-01-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Unread 08-01-2012, 10:48 AM
A Griffon

I couldn't see any change in the bars themselves. Advanced Options gave me a four-stage popdown to select whose bars would appear when.
Unread 09-17-2012, 05:06 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Crushbone

Hey guys. I have a couple of requests for the target casting bar to make it more manageable.

One. Is it possible to make it really click through enabled? The problem I'm having, is I kinda have the bar in center screen, and when I'm trying to click a rez box, or a loot accept window, or the guild hall portal selection, the target casting window, even though I cant see it, gets in the way and I cant click OK and such.

Two, seeing how the bar seems to still be there and just not visible. Is there to make it show up all black from hitting F10, so I can position it whenever, and not just when someone is casting something?

Don't know if either of these are possible, or if its just a game issue. Or even an operator issue. But would be great if ya guys can do it. Thanks a lot and keep up the good work.
Unread 09-17-2012, 05:09 PM
A Griffon

For the first, I can look over the XML and see. It may be a flag I can control with appropriate settings.

For the second, that's under the control of the client itself. It's pretty much the same problem as with the Heroic Opportunity window, and there's not much that can be done about it in the UI XML.
Unread 09-19-2012, 01:46 AM
A Griffon

For the target casting window click-through, I can't find anything in the UI XML to control it. If you can't get it to work by changing the window options, then I don't think I can do anything in the code. If someone can point me to an attribute setting that affects it, I can experiment.
Unread 09-20-2012, 05:58 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Crushbone

Eh, thats too bad. Was hoping a fix would be available.
Unread 10-17-2012, 07:02 PM
A Grassland Beetle

I am curious if the original question was ever resolved. It would be nice to have the npc casting bar be persistent over game plays. I will often be mid raid and missing interrupts, then have to open macro window and look for the macro. I would use this window all the time on every toon no matter what level so having it be always "on" would be nice if possible.
Unread 10-17-2012, 07:12 PM
A Griffon

I tried setting the value to true in the casting bar settings file and including it however I still seem to have to use the macro before it finally shows up.
Unread 10-17-2012, 07:57 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaradann View Post
I am curious if the original question was ever resolved. It would be nice to have the npc casting bar be persistent over game plays. I will often be mid raid and missing interrupts, then have to open macro window and look for the macro. I would use this window all the time on every toon no matter what level so having it be always "on" would be nice if possible.
Unfortunately it's a limitation in the game UI: windows that aren't part of the game's default set won't be automatically displayed. It's probably a consequence of them not being saved in the UI settings file, so the game wouldn't know where to display them. Or more likely that the game reads the UI settings file and displays what it finds there based on the settings, and since custom windows aren't there they aren't automatically displayed. Either way the end result's the same.
Unread 10-17-2012, 11:21 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Unfortunately it's a limitation in the game UI: windows that aren't part of the game's default set won't be automatically displayed. It's probably a consequence of them not being saved in the UI settings file, so the game wouldn't know where to display them. Or more likely that the game reads the UI settings file and displays what it finds there based on the settings, and since custom windows aren't there they aren't automatically displayed. Either way the end result's the same.
Just wondering what window does the bottom bar duplicate? because I don't think that is part of the game UI and its automatically displayed isn't it?
Unread 10-18-2012, 12:31 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
Just wondering what window does the bottom bar duplicate? because I don't think that is part of the game UI and its automatically displayed isn't it?
Actually it isn't automatically displayed. Things start out in eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml which is automatically shown on startup, it has code in OnShow to show and unshow the control center window, which has OnShow code that opens the bottom bar window. It's possible to modify the macros to show any custom window, but making it conditional so it's shown or not depending on user preference takes a bit more coding than just showing it all the time. It'd also want adding a button somewhere in the control center to toggle the bar off and on, rather than having to type out commands to do it.
Unread 10-18-2012, 09:42 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Actually it isn't automatically displayed. Things start out in eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml which is automatically shown on startup, it has code in OnShow to show and unshow the control center window, which has OnShow code that opens the bottom bar window. It's possible to modify the macros to show any custom window, but making it conditional so it's shown or not depending on user preference takes a bit more coding than just showing it all the time. It'd also want adding a button somewhere in the control center to toggle the bar off and on, rather than having to type out commands to do it.
Yeah there is a control panel mod Silat had here that has that in it at least a checkbox. Seems he couldn't get it to work properly without some side effect or something. Since it isn't persistant through sessions and the settings file doesn't seem to do the trick I simply hit the macro on my hotbar when I log a character in. I'm gonna dabble in the modified center and see what I can do
Unread 10-18-2012, 10:35 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Yeah there is a control panel mod Silat had here that has that in it at least a checkbox. Seems he couldn't get it to work properly without some side effect or something. Since it isn't persistant through sessions and the settings file doesn't seem to do the trick I simply hit the macro on my hotbar when I log a character in. I'm gonna dabble in the modified center and see what I can do
To make showing it conditional, you'll need to look at eg. the code that reads _ProfitUI_Settings_GroupWindow.txt. It'd be something similar: have a _ProfitUI_Settings_TargetCastingBar.txt with a setting in it to control whether the bar's shown at startup or not, code to read that file to get the setting, and code to make showing the window conditional on that setting being true. Then a button or checkbox in the control center that'd just show or unshow the window, possibly with the added code to check whether the window was currently shown or not and Do The Right Thing automatically.
Unread 10-18-2012, 05:42 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Good enough for me thank you. I was just curious.
Unread 10-18-2012, 07:04 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

Quote:
If I remember correctly it kept causing the subclass detector to bug out for some reason. It wasn't a high priority for me and I never got back to it.

Silat