EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Dev Shack

Unread 11-11-2008, 04:21 AM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest
Default Pet info for the group window

Today I started working on including the pet name, health and power for each group member in dynamic data. Originally I was going to leave this data for the modders but I think it might be nice to incorporate the pet info into the default UI. Just messing around, I lowered the detrimental effect icons and inserted the pet name and two smaller progress bars between the player power bar and the effect icons.

I would be open to a new design of the group window if anyone has some great ideas. Feel free to post some mock-ups and maybe we can come up with a new design that would look nice in the default UI.
Unread 11-11-2008, 04:28 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Nice. Since the pet can get its own impairments would it not make sense to have:

Player HP
Player Power
Player Impairments
PlayerPet HP
PlayerPet Power <-- actually I'm not sure if we even need this on the group window, but others can comment.
PlayerPet Impairments

You would need to pay attention to which pet you are showing though, I think (but may be wrong, have not been playing for too long) that the player's pet window is probably still buggy in sometimes showing the wrong pet (like god pets, or if you charm pets in addition to your main pet).

Also not wanting to derail but DynamicData for raidwide impairments would still be great!
Unread 11-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
I lowered the detrimental effect icons and inserted the pet name and two smaller progress bars between the player power bar and the effect icons..
I'd drop the pets name (could make it show on hover over/tooltip info) and just have two mini bars for the pet. Like gm9 I am not even sure if its power needs to be readily displayed but I've never played a pet class so maybe it does. Maybe a align the power bar so it show as the lower part of the Health bar; a two bars in one type thing. That window is already kind of big, should try not to make it to much bigger.

Last edited by Landiin : 11-11-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Unread 11-11-2008, 11:54 AM
A man among men
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to dragowulf Send a message via MSN to dragowulf

Ahh that's great!
Unread 11-11-2008, 11:59 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

On the power thing: I have played several pet classes and while pet power is crucial to know for the pet's player, I do not think group members have any reason to see it (and they can still target the pet if they really care).

Pet impairments whoever would be useful I think, but if you want to redesign a lot maybe make impairments in general toggleable since some classes do not care too much about them.
Unread 11-11-2008, 12:59 PM
A man among men
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to dragowulf Send a message via MSN to dragowulf

I was thinking that the pet bars/cures would have to be smaller than the actual group members because 1). they're not important 2). to avoid confusion. And maybe even a smaller font for the pets. And I was thinking that when there are no pets in the group, it should resize back to normal or something.

These are just some thoughts. Also, doing it this way would/could be better because the player could resize it if they don't want to see the pet info.

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-11-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Unread 11-11-2008, 01:56 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest

Right now I'm not showing the detrimental effects for the pet. I'd have to look into how hard it would be to put that info in dynamic data. This is separate from the spell effects that you see when you target it, so it might be a decent amount of effort to make it all work.

I could understand leaving off the pet name and power if its not necessary for other group members to see, but it might make sense to have them on there for completeness and good visual appeal. My first pass already included smaller progress bars close together, so its similar to the idea of two bars in one. Here is a screenshot of my first mock-up I threw together. Keep in mind that this window needs to resize horizontally as well, so putting the pet data out to the side might only work in a vertical situation.

Unread 11-11-2008, 02:05 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Not sure if the default group window can be resized but if you move the pet below of the cure icons first of all there is no confusion whom they apply to and in addition players could resize the pet out of the way if they do not care about it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard04.jpg
Views:	794
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	6615