EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 12-02-2005, 06:03 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Befallen
Default Lu17

i keep getting some msg when i log in telling me one of my windows is wrong. it only happened after the update. PLS tell me what i need to do or if there needs to be an update or something.
Unread 12-03-2005, 09:12 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Server: Permafrost

Wildiwen -

that message is letting you know there's a cosmetic issue with my hotbar mod and LU 17 (mine doesn't have the slider bar support, it's hardcoded at 75%). It should still work fine, and I anticipate having everything LU 17 compatible by this afternoon at the latest.

Those that have reported clock issues - I just finished patching all the default files to LU 17, and I'm about to get knee deep into it now. I'll be sure to look at the clock, as well.

Thanks all for the support and well wishes, rawr!!

Wulfy
Unread 12-03-2005, 09:18 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hello. I just downloaded your UI about a week ago. I love it, looks awsome. The only issue im having with it right now is the %'s on the xp bars arnt centered. They are to the far right of the bar and the numbrs are cramed together to where u can barely read. Dunno if it has anything to do with patch 17. Thanks
Unread 12-03-2005, 04:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunder40
wife.. We love it!! Very nicely done. Thanks again for the wonderful support!

Kerienna, I am glad you are up and running though I must admit, I cannot figure out how the keyboard was causing your option window to not show up.. How can that be? Just curious ..

Be safe all!
I found out completely by accident. I was getting really frustrated messing with it. I have a really old keyboard that really needed to be replaced I'd just not gotten around to it. Some keys stick and you can't see any of the letters on the keys anymore LOL

Anyway I got mad and hit the top of the keyboard and my F-10 key popped out and the Options window appeared. I about fell out of the chair. The default use for F-10 is to switch between Hud modes. You hit it once to go to a clear screen for screenshots. You hit it a second time and it apparently makes windows transparent. Hitting it a third time returns the hud to normal. Mine was stuck on the second option. I still have no idea why I could not click click on it to get the window settings or why it only effected that window Iam just glad its fixed lol.

Keri
Unread 12-03-2005, 04:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I prefer the old casting model, where the orb wasn't the only source of progress. Does that make sense? I like the orb but I want the traditional progress bar as well. Is there a way to do it that I'm simply missing?
Unread 12-03-2005, 04:56 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Yep, it's in the new instructions for the new version I just posted.

Last edited by Wulfgyr : 12-03-2005 at 08:29 PM.
Unread 12-04-2005, 01:10 AM
A Forest Scavenger

<3 the updates

But, the orb on the right side of the target bar, the background fills up like a rectangle (overlapping the actual orb and outside of it)

A request, timers on the effects window? (Or maintained, whichever the one is that shows say... a mages roots timer )

The background filling up like a square could be because I used the .ini of another UI since I wanted to keep my chat and buttons layout, I don't know, but I'll try it in a little and see if removing that fixes it

Thanks for the mod!
Unread 12-04-2005, 02:46 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Very nice UI, I really like the overall look of it. It's also my first complete UI, having only used the map mod and one to shrink my bagsize before.

I had the same problem as Tylius, the right side orb of the target window just fills with an empty graphic, like it can't find the graphic. I checked the eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml file, and it has Orb-purp-2.dds listed as the source for that image. Which doesn't seem to exist for me.

So I tried making a copy of the blue orb file, and just renaming it to Orb-purp-2.dds. It got rid of the square graphic thingie, but this time nothing at all showed on the right side. But it's better than the no-load graphic.

Oh, and I have a tiny request. Would it be possible for the these target window orbs to be removed altogether? I don't mean as the default, but just as an option. I'm asking because I found a perfect place for this window, but the orbs hang right over my chat windows. (><)

Thanks again for making this very nice mod.

Last edited by Alkanos : 12-04-2005 at 03:05 AM.
Unread 12-04-2005, 09:12 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

*bonks self repeatedly*

This is what happens when I take my file server offline for maintenance......

For some reason, I uploaded a version of the UI that didn't include the right side graphics. Correcting that issue now. *blush*

The new file is uploaded, and includes the missing orb-XXX-2.dds files. Apologies for the miscue, and thanks to Tylius and Alkanos for letting me know so promptly.

Wulfy
Unread 12-05-2005, 07:49 AM
A Brown Bear

Default Request

The whole family loves the UI, and I've introduced it to a bunch of Guildmates. The only thing we all seem to have any type of issue with, is the Broker window. Normally I would just D/l the one I wanted and install it, but that didn't seem to take. The broker window you've included doesn't resize, has no "just hit enter" and would be nice if it had the little easy search buttons, other then that , the window is Just fine.

Ok Ok enough of my whining, just thought I'd post that. Again, love the UI, and thanks for putting it together. If you could look into the broker window thing when you have the time, we, as a family and Guild, would all be appreciative.

What I had been using is XSilver's adaptation of Valdacil's Market with the Zonk's FetishExchange presets. I'm not sure if this is feasible in yours, but it was just a suggestion. Again, thanks for the UI, and sorry to be a pain.

Last edited by Kitanyai : 12-05-2005 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Addition
Unread 12-05-2005, 02:24 PM
A Brown Bear

Red face Moron!!!

OK, color me a moron, because it would fit. After returning from work today, I thought I'd go thru the folders and files, to see if I missed anything. Well, to my suprise, it's hard to run another broker window, when you haven't unzipped the files into the UI directory.

I do apologize, I apparently rented my brain out for the weekend, and forgot to tell myself. Please disregard my earlier post, it was done before I had reobtained my brain from it's weekend users.

A phenomenal UI, don't change a damn thing!
Unread 12-06-2005, 11:29 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default OK I have a request

First off let me say the opinion I express here is only my own, which is to say it is only one person and easily discarded. Although I sincerely hope, it will not be. LOL

Secondly I think you have done a simply marvelous job on this complete set UI. It is a bit few in its actual pieces but you hardly notice. The way you have changed the default .dds files so as to make a complete reskin of all default windows including individual pieces by other authors is a stroke of genius. Truly a great thing!!

Now on to my suggestions or requests.
The windows that you currently have set to have no background or frame (player window, target, etc.) I think need to have some sort or a single pixel frame and or background, not because I want to see them but so they can be enabled temporarily so as to arrange the windows in such a way as they do not overlap each other. It is near impossible to judge the edge of the window without some reference. In addition, I would like to please ask you to make an optional target window without the orbs on each end. You have provided a way to use the normal casting bar and also to disable the the orbs on the target bar but.. I find them to be rather redundant. The way you have incorporated the casting into the group window is great, by also having dual orbs on the target window it is really quite too much and makes for a rather large, clunky target window that is hard to place and keep any sort of symmetry. Please consider this minor optional revision for me and I am sure a few others.

Thank you in advance,
And congratulations on a Great UI.

MorpheusDead

“It is a curious thing, that God learned Greek when he wished to turn author--and even more curious that he did not learn it better.” (Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche)
Unread 12-10-2005, 04:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Possitioning

Wonderful UI but I was wondering if I am missing a file or if its available. Is there a file that places the various windows in the same configuration as is shown in the download section? I've looked but couldnt find it.
Unread 12-11-2005, 08:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I've been using this for a week now, absolutely love it! It took me a little while to move everything around to the most comfortable spots, but once I did everything was excellent. I have found two little problems though.

First, in the HQ section of the journal window. When I hit the little > arrow over, and click on one of the HQ tabs, the < arrow grays out. So unless I restart the game, I can't look at any of the earlier HQs.

Second, and this might just be my error, but is there support for showing the target's buffs/debuffs? What I mean are the little icons that show what effects your target is under. In the regular UI this is shown under the target window, but I haven't seen them in anywhere in the Drako'Kyn UI. Maybe I have them turned off somewhere, dunno. But just checking to see if it's just me or not.

Otherwise, keep up the good work!
Unread 12-11-2005, 11:04 PM
A Brown Bear

I really like the UI itself, just one question... Is there a way to get the same format as the one in the pics? I know in EQ1 there was an option to switch or not. Just realized Dunimis' post ....so same question.

Last edited by JohnnyDeere : 12-11-2005 at 11:06 PM. Reason: left out a few words :)
Unread 12-14-2005, 04:44 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Thanks to everyone for posting, and apologies for the long wait before I was able to reply.

To answer the question regarding window positioning -

There isn't a "default" file per se, though I could post my char.ini file for people to rename. This was intentional, as I didn't want to restrict folks to the "default" setup exhibited in the screenshots. Each window piece is thus able to be moved wherever the user would like.

I do like the idea of adding a background layer that can be toggled to transparent to aid in re-positioning windows - that's a rather good idea I hadn't thought much about.

As far as modifying various windows - I should be back in the saddle soon, and starting work on the backlog of requests.

Of course, this is subject to the reason for the initial delay in the first place.... on the 12th (Monday) at 10:23pm, the newest addition (alt) to the family arrived, weighing in at 7 lbs, 3 oz's.!!!
Unfortunately, there's been some complications, so mom and baby are still in the hospital... this is the first time I've been back home for longer than 10 minutes since monday, and I'm frantically leaving notes for everyone.

RAWR!!

Wulfy
Unread 12-14-2005, 05:50 PM
A Brown Bear

Well Congratulations on the baby, and my prayers will go to the child, the wife, and to you. I hope that things will get better quickly and it will be smooth sailing from there.

It would be much appreciated if you could send that char.ini but of course the family and the realworld should and hopefully will come first.
Unread 12-18-2005, 10:07 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Default New Add-on posted

Just uploaded an add-on for those that wanted the orbs removed from the target window. You can find it here
Unread 12-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Default Default Window Location INI files available (ADD-ON)

Uploaded an add-on with 3 character INI files, for default window locations. (1024x768, 1280x1024 [recommended], and 1600x1200)

You can find it in the add-ons section

Rawr!

Wulfy
Unread 12-18-2005, 03:26 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfgyr
Just uploaded an add-on for those that wanted the orbs removed from the target window. You can find it here
TY so much. I had allready altered the window myself in this way but will go with yours instead, you are the author after all 8).

Also I had another interesting idea. As the window is right now you have the player in the center position and the target above with two lines above that name and info, then the implied target below the player with only one line of text the name. So here is my idea. How about putting the player at the bottom with one line just name then target above that in middle position with two lines name and info for con lv, assigning these items a bottom pack location to keep them relative to the bottom of the window. Now make the window just barely large enough for these two items(player and target). Then place the implied target at the very top with 2 lines name and info for con lv and give this an onshow parameter to resize parent window large enough to show all three.

This will make the whole window resize its self based on whethor you are in a group and have a implied target or not and what ever in being hit either the target or implied target will always be the top most bar. and the window will have no wasted space if you only have a target and no implied then it will only be large enough for that.

Don't know if I explained that well enough but anyway that was my idea.
And it is from the viewpoint of setting the target window close to the bottom of the screen if i placed it at the top of the screen I would prob prefer it the opposite : with player upmost then target below then implied target very bottom.

Anway TY for this modification,
MorpheusDead

“It is a curious thing, that God learned Greek when he wished to turn author--and even more curious that he did not learn it better.” (Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche)
Unread 12-20-2005, 10:33 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Kithicor

Hi, I love T. King's work as well. The old on I was using became unusable with the recent patches and I was sad to have to change to another, thanks to you for this one.
I have only one problem, and from reading the posts maybe it's only with me...I have a bit of dead space around the upper left side of my screen (game is in full screen) So I am unable to click there with the mouse should say any window venture up there and I have to load the default to fix it then reload yours. Any suggestions?
Thanks again for the great work!!!
Unread 12-20-2005, 06:47 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Hey all, checking back in.... so, without further ado, here goes:

Xigthias - that's where I usually have my quest helper window... other than that, I can't think of a reason why there should be "dead space" up there. I'll have a peek though, mebbe something snuck in that I didn't notice.

Morpheus - glad I could help out, and I'll certainly take your idea's about the target / implied target window to heart. There would be a lot of pieces to move around, but I've got a pretty good idea of how to make it work. Check the note at the bottom of this post though... it may take me a little bit to make it happen.

Alkanos - that's a known issue. The quest journal is actually Valdacil's mod, I just reskinned it. HOWEVER... a little birdie whispered in my ear about the Silverfox version of the Valdacil mod, which does away with tabs for each heritage quest, and makes them buttons on the left hand side. I plan on reskinning that window, as well as the broker / market window soon.

Sablerose - sorry for the long time for a reply, it was on my list of "things to do", and kept slipping my mind. I should have a new version of the load screens in with the next big update. The Geniva version, while nice, apparently "stretched" the images a bit. I also play in 1280x1024, and noticed this while working on another project (see note below for more info). However, it may also be an issue with the UI overlay settings, so I'll look that over as well, just in case.

IMPORTANT NOTES!!!
  • Live Update # 18 went live today. I'm working on the updates immediately after I post this, nothing tremendously different looks to have changed, so it should be up shortly.
  • As I've mentioned before, in addition to the new baby, the holidays, and all the other familial responsibilties, I've been hard at work on another project with some great folks. That project has reached the 2nd beta, and we're hoping to push it live before this weekend. So, most of my efforts will be in that direction, and any support issues immediately after it's released.
  • Despite everything else that's going on, I will definately still be supporting the Draco'Kyn UI. It's now been downloaded close to 2000 times, so I like to think I'm doing something right!! Major issues I'll address right away (Live Updates, and such), and please continue to give your feedback. Without all the great comments from the folks here, the UI would have gotten "stagnant", and "boring". Thanks to each and every one of you... while I "support" this UI, you are the ones that truly make it great. I'm looking forward to further improving upon it in the New Year. Happy Holidays to all of you!!!
Unread 12-20-2005, 09:04 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

I'm actually done with the changes for LU 18. However, since none of them should affect the functioning of the UI as it is now, I'm going to work on some additional changes, in between getting the kids showered, in bed, etc. Look for a few new changes tonite!!!

Wulfy
Unread 12-21-2005, 10:22 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Mistmoore

Nice Complete set (alittle more than I want to bit off atm) .... Be sure to check on my updated file, there was a minor fix that SOE changed in the Active tab, that was causing some annoyonces with large quest info.
Unread 12-21-2005, 10:34 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Default Possible error in the Instructions or needing of clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfgyr
7) To remove the orbs from the Target / Implied Target bar:
  1. In the UI\Dracokyn folder, rename eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml to eq2ui_mainhud_player-NEW.xml
  2. 2) Rename eq2ui_mainhud_player-OLD.xml to eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml
Huh??
uh dont you mean eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml ??

MorpheusDead