EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 08-17-2005, 10:36 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBurgdorf
As my main tradeskiller (Rainbeau) is a provisioner who does lots of tradeskill writs, I had a vested interest in compiling information on provisioner recipes. Unfortunately, I don't have a similar drive to compile information about other TS class recipes.

That having been said, if someone else can provide the info, I could certainly put together similar "Cookbooks" for other TS classes.

Thanks! It's always nice to know my work is actually appreciated.

(By the way, can I borrow that banana? I'd like to see what Rainbeau could make with it....)

-- Darryl
Much of the info for other potential books can be found at EQ2 Traders Corner This should make things a bit easier to make new books. BTW I love the povisioner one. Awesome job!
Unread 09-05-2005, 06:05 PM
A Brown Bear

I love the addons you have - but when I use the simple skin, all the colors turn an icky brown Is there any way to change the color with one of the graphics files that are supplied with perdigraphics and/or extremeUI?

Thank you for the answers in advance!

~Vamp
Unread 09-05-2005, 09:59 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by trodriguezzz
I love the addons you have - but when I use the simple skin, all the colors turn an icky brown.
I happen to like that brown!

Seriously, though, you can edit the files to change the colors with any graphics program that supports the DDS file format. Which specific programs do, I don't know -- I use a very old version of Photoshop, myself -- but I'm sure the info is available on these forums somewhere.

While I'm working on updating my window mods, though, I've at least temporarily given up on any "skinning" work, even on as simple a level as the "Simple Skin" mod. It looks like a lot of graphics file references (and to a certain extent, the actual look of the default UI) are going to be changing soon, probably in conjunction with LU13 and DoF.

-- Darryl
Unread 09-09-2005, 03:20 AM
A Brown Bear

Is there any way you could add the (game) day of the week to the clock?
Unread 09-09-2005, 07:27 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lera
Is there any way you could add the (game) day of the week to the clock?
It would be easy enough to add, though I'm frankly not sure why I'd want to bother. I've wondered, in fact, every time I've seen a clock mod that shows the game day or month, what the point is. Showing the real time is obviously useful, and showing the in-game time is helpful if you're looking for spawns that are only available at certain times or if you're running through a zone that gets more dangerous (for example) at night. But of what possible relevance is the in-game day name or month name? In all the years I've played EQ and EQ2, I can't recall a single instance when I had any reason to care what day of the week it was in Norrath.

-- Darryl
Unread 09-09-2005, 01:02 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
But of what possible relevance is the in-game day name or month name? In all the years I've played EQ and EQ2, I can't recall a single instance when I had any reason to care what day of the week it was in Norrath.
I've read that there's a couple mobs that spawn only on particular days of the week, or at least once a week - those fairy seekers in The Ruins are quite annoying little critters to find.

And it's quite ridiculous to camp for hours and hours for a cataloguing quest... but I want my book.
Unread 09-09-2005, 02:05 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lera
I've read that there's a couple mobs that spawn only on particular days of the week, or at least once a week - those fairy seekers in The Ruins are quite annoying little critters to find.
Odd. When I was looking for them (and I did eventually come across them), I read a great deal about what time of day they supposedly spawned, and that they didn't spawn *every* day even at that time, but I don't recall reading a single message suggesting that they only spawned on certain days of the week. *Shrug* I'm not saying that you're necessarily wrong; I'm just noting that I never encountered the suggestion until you just posted it.

-- Darryl
Unread 09-09-2005, 02:15 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Odd. When I was looking for them (and I did eventually come across them), I read a great deal about what time of day they supposedly spawned, and that they didn't spawn *every* day even at that time, but I don't recall reading a single message suggesting that they only spawned on certain days of the week. *Shrug* I'm not saying that you're necessarily wrong; I'm just noting that I never encountered the suggestion until you just posted it.
Not so much specific days as once a week or so, and I thought it might be better to just look at the day of the week to see when a week's gone by instead of trying to remember, after hours of camping, how many days it's been.

Of course, I could just use /time, but if I wanted to do that, well, I wouldn't be here, would I?
Unread 09-09-2005, 04:01 PM
A Griffon

I'm working -- gee, big surprise, with LU13 and DoF only days away -- on updates to several of my mods, anyway, so I'll probably just go ahead and tack on a "day/month" mouseover display to the clock. I won't care about it myself, but what the hell, right?

-- Darryl
Unread 09-09-2005, 04:30 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
I'm working -- gee, big surprise, with LU13 and DoF only days away -- on updates to several of my mods, anyway, so I'll probably just go ahead and tack on a "day/month" mouseover display to the clock. I won't care about it myself, but what the hell, right?

-- Darryl
Perhaps you could place it below the zone and location, so that those who care about the date could expand the window, and those who don't can just shrink it and make it disappear.

Excellent mods, by the way. I've got the tradeskill one and the journal, and they're both very helpful. For the journal, would it be possible to add a tab where we can make our own notes?

Last edited by Lera : 09-09-2005 at 04:37 PM.
Unread 09-13-2005, 08:58 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Lucan DLere
Default One suggestion for the C-loc-k and Compass

I really like this mod too. One thing I changed for myself is something with the text. Against a bright sky the text is a little hard to read so I added a

Shadowstyle = /ShadowStyles.Outline1

property onto all the text.
Unread 09-17-2005, 07:29 PM
A Coastal Crab

I have installed this UI Mod but unfortunately it is not showing any change in my windows, except for the addition of the Cookbook button. When I click on the button it brings up an empty window only. Not sure whats going on here but it really doesn't seem to be working.

I have a few other UI Mods in place right now and I'm going to try disabling them to see if I can fix it. Please post if you have a fix.

Thanks in advance,

Elirindir
Lucan D'Lere
Unread 09-17-2005, 08:57 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DK-
I have installed this UI Mod....
Since this thread is for several mods, it might help to specifically mention which one you're using, though in this case, it's easy enough to figure out by context.

Quote:
... but unfortunately it is not showing any change in my windows, except for the addition of the Cookbook button. When I click on the button it brings up an empty window only.
The only visible changes to the tradeskill window are the addition of the cookbook button and the addition of the health and mana bars to the progress page. If the cookbook window isn't opening properly, my first guess would be that you didn't add the "include" line to your eq2ui_mainhud.xml file as you were supposed to, so the cookbook window isn't actually available.

-- Darryl
Unread 09-18-2005, 09:52 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Empty Cookbook

I recently applied this UI mod and the cookbook is just completely blank. It appears that the data files that you mention as part of the 050710 update arent included in the ZIP download. The only files are the 3 xml's.

Is this the correct and is just not functioning properly on my setup or am I missing stuff.

Thanks for your help.

Juan
Unread 09-18-2005, 10:09 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Everfrost
Default Update the Simple Skin?

I'd love to you your simple skin, if it were updated for DoF. It is exactly what I was looking for.

Lois (Dorrie, Level 33 Barbarian, Everfrost)
Unread 09-18-2005, 11:35 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunami1313
It appears that the data files... arent included in the ZIP download. The only files are the 3 xml's.
Ack! You are entirely correct; I forgot to include the data files in the download.

I've uploaded a corrected version of the ZIP file, which should be available shortly. Sorry!

-- Darryl
Unread 09-21-2005, 11:35 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Highkeep

I like those add-on/modified version of your own UI which is in the style of NightFall. As usual, would you plz make the Social Windows with a version that is for Nightfall??
Unread 09-24-2005, 01:48 PM
A Griffon

The Milquetowst C-loc-k has been updated, and now displays (if you want it to) the game day and date as well as the time.

As far as the Milquetowst Simple Skin is concerned, well, it seems -- as I expected -- that the devs are still in the process of changing the default graphics. (Some alterations to window skins just got put on the Test server yesterday, in fact.) Once things seem reasonably stable again, I'll look at the possibility of updating the Simple Skin, but not until then.

Finally, as far as a Fetish version of the Milquetowst Socials Window is concerned, well, maybe, but not right away. I want to spend more time playing instead of modding.

-- Darryl
Unread 09-25-2005, 04:43 PM
A Brown Bear

Just agitating for a Fetish version of the Info mod. I'd love to have all the info in one place.

I suppose I can wait while you play your game. I mean, if you must ...
Unread 09-25-2005, 08:51 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by merneith
Just agitating for a Fetish version of the Info mod.
Um.... Huh?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking for. The Milquetowst Help, Guild and Quest Journal windows already exist in Fetish versions. The only other mod that makes any use of my info files is the Provisioner's Cookbook.

-- Darryl
Unread 09-29-2005, 02:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Loc refresh

Hi this mod is really cool 21(C-loc-k) but is there a way to set the loc to refresh instantenous like in the mouse over window????

Last edited by lord_333 : 09-30-2005 at 07:01 AM.
Unread 10-01-2005, 02:45 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Hey sorry to bother you again. I just tried out the newer C-loc-k 050924
It looks like the clock isn't resizable and there aren't any shadows on the compass (the date of this xml file is 7/10/2005)
Unread 10-01-2005, 09:20 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othesus
It looks like the clock isn't resizable and there aren't any shadows on the compass.
The clock certainly *is* resizeable, though only to make it taller or shorter. (You can't make it wider or narrower.)

As to the compass, though, well, you caught me. I failed to include the updated compass file in the zip when I updated the clock file. I just corrected the oversight.

*Sigh* I've got to pay more attention to my uploads.

-- Darryl
Unread 10-06-2005, 04:14 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Runnyeye
Default Lore and Legend notes...

Hiya's,

Wondered if you might be interested in this Lore and Legend info, it is slightly more comprhensive than your own. Most of the info is off Ten Ton Hammer, just a cut and paste job really

I have found it to be very useful, although I dont have any info on Dof apart from the names you had listed on the updated version.

Cheers,

Walter.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Lore and Legend.txt (14.4 KB, 1198 views)
Unread 10-08-2005, 02:17 PM
A Griffon

Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe

Is it possible to have the chat mod display the tabs on the bottom near the input bar? This would make it absolutely perfect.

FWIW, I’ve been using the Quest Journal, Help, Inventory, Socials, Clock & Chat mods without 1 single issue to date. They have really enhanced my enjoyment of the game as I take my UI very seriously.

Thank you for all of the hard work.