EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 12-14-2004, 11:45 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

I must be missing something. This UI looks great but I can't figure out how to download it, yet I see lots of people talking about it as if they have it installed?

How can I get this UI?
Unread 12-14-2004, 11:49 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test

Quote:
Statbars:
Can't move down only up.. I think this is a bug with the way EQII handles player made windows.. Dunno how to fix.. Statbars are setup upon opening for 1024x768, with default letterbox.. They are resizeable in game but can only be moved up.. Also the location and size of window will NOT be save when you log..If you do need to resize move in game you have to grab the far right of the bar..

What I'm trying to say is Move&Resize them in UIBuilder instead..
Odd. I made 2 stat bars for my Streamline UI and I can move them all over the place.
Unread 12-14-2004, 11:59 PM
A Griffon

Lol hurry up and approve the update mods! I'm anxious to try the new release out. Dude this thing is so nice i've all but abondend my own UI to use this. Its just so clean and nice looking.
Unread 12-15-2004, 12:46 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I liked player and group window from V2 much more than the new ones. Would be nice if you could include the old windows in the mods folder. I would like to see a 3/4th bar with and without bank bars in this folder too.

And now for the tracking window. Imagine to have this open all the times. You would want to be able to see trough it and you would want to have it as small as possible. The window from MookTrack with your skin and transparent background would be perfect in my eyes.

Thanks for the great work.
Unread 12-15-2004, 01:08 AM
A Griffon

Interesting.. Based on the SS I like the v4 player window better. The old one I had trouble reading the numbers on, but the new one looks easier to read. One reason i'm anxious for the to get approved.
Unread 12-15-2004, 01:56 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via MSN to Novawulf

Min/Max values

As in HP / Power Bar
----------- 100%
1000/1000 hp
----------- 100%
1000/1000 Power

also is there a way to get xp debt persentage on xp bar .. seen that on other person's mod and I liked it.

Other then that I love the UI .. keep up the awsome work
Unread 12-15-2004, 01:54 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Statbars:
Can't move down only up.. I think this is a bug with the way EQII handles player made windows.. Dunno how to fix.. Statbars are setup upon opening for 1024x768, with default letterbox.. They are resizeable in game but can only be moved up.. Also the location and size of window will NOT be save when you log..If you do need to resize move in game you have to grab the far right of the bar..
Hey..this bothered me so I fixed it for you

I'll attach the files here for you if you want to use them.

Basically I extended the ACTUAL window to make it larger than the stat strip. Visually this changes nothing, but now you can move the mouse cursor just slightly below the visible strip and click and drag to move it. This allows you to move it any which way you want.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tablets2_4_statstrips.zip (2.6 KB, 406 views)
Unread 12-15-2004, 02:21 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Guk

uploaded V4, but noticed today when playing that when selling to a merchant the prices get cut off and you can't see them or resize the window so you can see the prices. Also on the exp bar when you change it so you can see your tradeskill exp, the tradeskill exp is only showing numbers after the decimal point. So like instead of seeing the whole exp of say 42.3% i only see .3%.

Last edited by Shasriel : 12-15-2004 at 02:24 PM.
Unread 12-15-2004, 04:05 PM
A Griffon

At first I didint' have this problem, then suddenly I did. I found that if you adjust the vertical size of the window a bit, it will adjust the contents and you will see the prices properly again.
Unread 12-15-2004, 05:03 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Guk

thanks agathorn, tried that didn't really work, and if i am browsing the for sale items, and click on an item it moves the pricing further off screen, and every time i click on another item it moves the pricing more and more off screen till it's completly gone.
Unread 12-15-2004, 05:48 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Everfrost
Send a message via ICQ to Talyns

Qarma:
It probably wasn't approved by the administration for download when you were looking.. Click the folder under my name and picture on the left of this post.

Agathorn:
Glad people are liking it!
I came up with a different solution for the statbars.. I made them so they aren't resizable. I attached bars in widths 1024, 1152,1280,1360,1600..
You can only move them by clicking on the far left or far right of bar. Cuts down on accidently moving them. I will include them in next version.. They are working the way I intended now except you can't resize them, and eq2 doesn't save there location..
Thanks for the other solution though..

Siveni:
The beta2 Player and Target windows are in the mods folder named PlayerAndTarget_LikeDefault.. They are a basic skinning of the default windows.. The group window dind't change any I can think of..

As for the hotkeys.. Do you mean the Up/Down buttons? or the frames around the buttons?

I have only done the basic skinning and a little re-arranging to the track window.. I will compress it some more..

Thanks for the comments/suggestions..

Novawulf:
Do you mean the player window with the short progress bars?
I will get around to making short bar player window with cur/max hits and power for the mods folder..

The big ones have included cur/max hits and power + the &'s...

Thanks for the comments..

Shasriel:
The tradeskill experience label is a bug in EQII.. It never updates with a value.. The label is there and will start working when the bug is fixed.. The decimal label is a different label an thats why that one is working..

I think I know whats wrong with the merchant window.. That window has been fighting me.. For know use the resizing thing Agathorn mentioned.. I will look at it and get it working again..
Thanks for the bug reports..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This attachment includes different width statbars.. Most known issues are gone..
To move them click on the far left or right of the window..

Unzip into your tabletsII folder.. It will add a folder named
statbars.. Copy the contents of one of the width folders to your tabletsII folder and overwrite all files..
Attached Files
File Type: zip StatBars.zip (14.7 KB, 359 views)

Last edited by Talyns : 12-15-2004 at 05:52 PM.
Unread 12-15-2004, 07:38 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Mistmoore

Hey there. Loving this UI. Somethings I miss (the only things) about my old set up were as follows:

Zone. I dunno why but I just love having my current zone up where I can see it at all times. I did my own fix on it though my taking out my name in statbar1 and replacing it with the zone name there. It took awhile to figure out because i've never in my life used anything like this stuff. I just compared to other peoples UI's that they had and went from there.

Money. I liked having my money always on screen like a previous stat strip had it. I tried modding that in myself but that was a bit more complicated :P I tried to place it on the strip where my current hp and power were (because it's already in your awesome hp/power bars).

I couldn't get the resizing or anything like you mentioned to work on my comp so i just figured that one out too. It's actually pretty sweet now. I set up a macro (/: ; show_window MainHUD.StatBar ; show_window MainHUD.statbar2)
so it's only a click away everytime i enter the game.

I also removed the scroll bars from the hotbars. Now to figure out how to get rid of the writing in the boxes, lol.

I'm not trying to criticise you in any way. Just trying to figure out those few things took me hours. You musta spent days on this. It's been exactly what i'm looking for. A lot of info on my screen, out of the way and it's clean. Awesome job. If I coulda modded everything myself I wouldn't of said anything, hehe. Man, some of that stuff is confusing.
Unread 12-15-2004, 10:31 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agathorn
In the bank window there seems to only be 1 or 2 digits for coins the rest get cut off. Only 1 digit seems to show in copper.
I looked at this window and believe I have it fixed..

Can you have more than 99 copper, silver, or gold in the bank? I don't think so.. When ever I drop more than 100 of a coin it converts it to the higher coin type.. So 2 digits for those 3 is fine right? Or is there a way to put more than 99?

The text fields for those 3 were 1 pixel to small so when you had certain amounts (ie 22) of a coin in there it would push it up the first number and show a 2nd on the next line.. The platnium field has 5 digits before it get's messed up..
Unread 12-15-2004, 10:48 PM
A Griffon

Stevenpfo:
Thanks for the comments and the tip on the macro..

I will try to add a third bar.. With zone and coins on it.. But it might look a little bare.. Maybe I'll throw status points on there too.. And it might take me a while.. The statbars will no longer sizable.. They will be choose a size..
I will also add hotkeys mods when I get time.

Yes it gets confusing. This has taken me a couple weeks so far.. My character's development is starting to suffer

Last edited by Talyns : 12-15-2004 at 10:51 PM.
Unread 12-16-2004, 12:42 AM
A Brown Bear

Hrm ... Ya a third bar would be kinda much. What about the bottom bar? Remove the name (it's already always on yer screen anyways) and place the zone there and add coin on the same bar? There's a ton of space left there. I really gotta learn how to add this stuff myself. I hate asking cause i know you guys already put in a ton of hard work.
Unread 12-16-2004, 03:22 AM
A Griffon

If you need more stuff to put on the stat bars.. add traume resistances.. thats slashing, crushing, piercing resistances.
Unread 12-16-2004, 11:33 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Toxxulia
Send a message via AIM to Kraki

I would like to see and option of the chat windows without a scrollbar. I use the mouse wheel to scroll so the scrollbar doesn't really serve a purpose and takes up screen space
Unread 12-16-2004, 01:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Send a message via ICQ to Voln Send a message via AIM to Voln

Thanks for the work on the UI, I love it. I'll get this new beta installed tonight.

I can't seem to get Dogvomit's quest journal mod to work in this though. Even if it did work I would rather it have the tablets skin to it. Is this something you plan on doing?

My eyes appreciate your hard work.
Unread 12-17-2004, 12:50 PM
A Brown Bear

Thought i'd throw a screenshot of my UI up so you could see how i'm using yer UI...

My UI.
Unread 12-17-2004, 05:33 PM
A Griffon

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to Findarato Send a message via MSN to Findarato Send a message via Yahoo to Findarato

Looking good, made some adjustments to my knowledge book window mod I made to fit in with your UI.

Take a look, might save you some time in modding that window ^_^
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_mainhud_knowledge.zip (4.8 KB, 352 views)

Unread 12-19-2004, 07:03 PM
A Brown Bear

Default wholesale vender prices shifting to the right

I'm using the TabletsII grey interface(with Humdace player piece)...the problem I am having is the wholesale vender prices keep moving off the screen. Cannot resize this to compensate. Eventually the move right off the screen

Kilidan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000001.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	386  
Unread 12-19-2004, 08:08 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via MSN to Novawulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilidan
I'm using the TabletsII grey interface(with Humdace player piece)...the problem I am having is the wholesale vender prices keep moving off the screen. Cannot resize this to compensate. Eventually the move right off the screen

Kilidan
I get that too but most NPC's that have a choice of options. The Mender is another big one. After each item repaired the price slowly drifts to the right off the page
Unread 12-22-2004, 12:07 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

I've got an odd problem with v4. I have a light blue line on the power bar that stretches from 50 to 90% that never changes, just always there no matter how much power I have (like a line to indicate 0 to 10% power). BTW it used to go from 50 to 70% but it changed at some point. I have tried the UI without my ini to let EQ2 build a new one but that didn't help.
Any idea what may be causing this?
Thanks,
Feebb
Unread 12-22-2004, 12:31 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:

Kilidan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novawulf
I get that too but most NPC's that have a choice of options. The Mender is another big one. After each item repaired the price slowly drifts to the right off the page
He fixed this a while back in an earlier version. It may have slipped back in in a later version. Try replace your current merchant window with this one.
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_inventory_merchant.zip (2.8 KB, 307 views)
Unread 12-22-2004, 07:10 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenpfo
Hrm ... Ya a third bar would be kinda much. What about the bottom bar? Remove the name (it's already always on yer screen anyways) and place the zone there and add coin on the same bar? There's a ton of space left there. I really gotta learn how to add this stuff myself. I hate asking cause i know you guys already put in a ton of hard work.
I have decided to add a little window called MainHUD.ZoneLoc.. It has the zone name in it. And, when they fix the dynamic data for location, I'll add that too.
I added Crushing, Piercing, and Slashing resist to topbar (Althought I seem to have 0 and don't know if they are working)
I moved weight to and added coins to bottom bar..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraki
I would like to see and option of the chat windows without a scrollbar. I use the mouse wheel to scroll so the scrollbar doesn't really serve a purpose and takes up screen space
That was really easy. It'll be in the mods folder "ChatWindow_NoScrollbar" in the beta 5 version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voln
Thanks for the work on the UI, I love it. I'll get this new beta installed tonight.

I can't seem to get Dogvomit's quest journal mod to work in this though. Even if it did work I would rather it have the tablets skin to it. Is this something you plan on doing?

My eyes appreciate your hard work.
I will get around to doing more mods sooner or later.. But progress on the UI has slowed down.. I want to finish atleast the skinning before I do any major mods..

If anyone else wishes to take it on.. (Get's it done quicker) I will include it in the mods folder..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findarato
Looking good, made some adjustments to my knowledge book window mod I made to fit in with your UI.

Take a look, might save you some time in modding that window ^_^
Hmm looks good.. I like it.. I took it and mutilated it and have come up with something close.. I layed it out more like my pocket spellbook from EQ..

Quote:
Kilidan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novawulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellyana
He fixed this a while back in an earlier version. It may have slipped back in in a later version. Try replace your current merchant window with this one.
Yea I fixed the shifting prices bug in beta 3 but deleted the highlighter somehow.. When I put the highlighter back in.. The shift came back.. It was 3 pixels too wide that's the cause.. Should be fixed in beta 5..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feebb
I've got an odd problem with v4. I have a light blue line on the power bar that stretches from 50 to 90% that never changes, just always there no matter how much power I have (like a line to indicate 0 to 10% power). BTW it used to go from 50 to 70% but it changed at some point. I have tried the UI without my ini to let EQ2 build a new one but that didn't help.
Any idea what may be causing this?
That's your concentration bubbles.. Goes up to 5 of em..

Hope that was everyone:
I uploaded Beta 5.. It should be approved for download soon..
Fixed and Added the stuff above..
Also skinned a few more windows and elements..
Moved everything outta the t_FrameStyles, t_ButtonStyles, etc into one file called t_Styles..

Here's a current screenshot:

Edit: Here's a shot of the knowledge window: