EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 07-22-2009, 09:42 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default ProfitUI Reborn Updater and ACT Problems

Whenever I try to launch ProfitUI Reborn Updater this error always pops up

Everquest2.exe not found Please set your Everquest 2 Directory in "settings,filepaths" first

Anyone know what this means and can help me out?

I believe I also have the same problem for ACT It does not read that i am in game and I believe it also said that everquest2.exe was not found

Can anyone tell me where to get this or how to get it??
Unread 07-22-2009, 12:36 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Upon first starting, ACT will look at a registry key to try to determine where Everquest II is installed(it tries to find log files based on this). If it can't find it, it will ask you to locate it manually. If you don't do that and you don't open a log file manually, it won't have anything to parse.

No one can tell you with 100% certainty where you have EQ2 installed and it's not something we can give you. Look in Program Files - Maybe under Sony - Everquest II or something like that.
Unread 07-22-2009, 12:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok i found Everquest 2.exe as a Winrar file but when i wanted to extract it this message popped up

! C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\EverQuest II\lp_temp\EverQuest2.exe.gz: Unexpected end of archive
! C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\EverQuest II\lp_temp\EverQuest2.exe.gz: CRC failed in EverQuest2.exe. The file is corrupt

What should I do now?
Unread 07-22-2009, 06:54 PM
A Griffon

That's just a station patcher file for when it updated EQ2. Look for the actual file without the .gz extension. It's strange that you have an "Everquest II" nested inside of another... but one of them will be the location you want.

BTW, the two programs don't actually do anything with the file... they just use the existance of the file as a place to start to find other files. If you play EQ2, the file must exist... so that's why it's looked for.

PS, once you find it and you want to tell ACT... click the Startup Wizard button at the top of the General Options tab. It'll display the same thing as the very first time it was run.
Unread 07-22-2009, 09:50 PM
A Griffawn

don't run the auto updater while in game, and run it as an administrator.
Unread 07-22-2009, 10:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I got it man thanks for the help the problem was it was in the other Eq2 folder not the 1 I was clicking on but thanks ur a life saver lol
Unread 08-14-2009, 07:49 AM
A Brown Bear

Default can't find everquest 2.exe file error message

I am having the same problem. Started when I installed ProfitUI on the test server for EQ2. Updater has no problem with the test server, but can't find the .exe file for EQ2 live server now. (It was fine before) I put the path in manually, and it still doesn't work. The "browse" feature doesn't even show many files for everquest unless I open the test server folder.

Any ideas?
Unread 08-14-2009, 08:18 AM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

The file browser just shows directories. If it does not do that for the eq2 live directory, please make sure you browse to the right directory and that the files are actually there...
Unread 08-14-2009, 08:31 AM
A Brown Bear

Thanks for answering ... and so fast, too!

The file is there in my Everquest directory
c/program files/sony/everquest2/everquest2.exe

But even when I put that path in, it says it can't find the .exe file.

I worked on this for 2 hours last night and couldn't get it to work. Thing is, it worked fine before I loaded profit on the test server files as well. WOrks on them just fine.

Is it possible to uninstall the updater without messing up Profit UI? Do I use my computers uninstall mode to do that?
Unread 08-14-2009, 08:57 AM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

Just go to Settings -> Updater -> Reset all settings. This will restore all settings back to default.
I do not think that this will fix it though as there is no reason for the file browser not to show up directories other than they are non-existant.

If you use Vista: Did you move or copy around the live files lately? Vista virtualizes writing access to the \program files folder and reroutes the files to another directory if not in admin mode. The updater might not be able to see the files then. However I have not found out when files are rerouted and when they are visible to other applications yet as I did not have the time to play around with it...
Unread 08-14-2009, 09:18 AM
A Brown Bear

I'll try resetting the defaults tonight. See what happens ... I use XP, so it isn't a Vista problem.

I always screw up my computer when I try to do this stuff. Thanks for your time and helpful hints
Unread 02-22-2012, 03:37 PM
A Coastal Crab

woot ty guys i got it... thanks for the help