EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 05-19-2012, 08:28 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Settings going back to default

Hey folks,

I am confused here. I log into one of my toons and change some settings, display, loot options etc. When I log onto other toons and back to #1 all the settings are default, balanced display etc. Any ideas why they are not saving?
Unread 05-19-2012, 08:58 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

First guess is you have some kind of anti virus running not allowing your files to be modified correctly.
Unread 05-19-2012, 11:19 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

First thought: are you running Windows 7 with EQ2 installed under the Program Files or Program Files (x86) directories? If so, you may be having a conflict with Win7's User Account Control. By default it prevents anything other than signed installers from modifying installed software, which means EQ2 can't alter or update it's own files. The usual fix is to move EQ2 out of those system directories. Current EQ2 installers put the game in a safe place, or something like "C:\Games\Everquest II" will work nicely.

Second thought: anti-virus software doing the same thing, preventing alterations to installed software. You should be seeing messages about this in your AV software's logs. The solution there would be to tell the AV software to not interfere with EQ2 (exactly how depends on the AV software, but it's usually an ignore list somewhere that you can add the game's directory to).
Unread 05-21-2012, 11:57 AM
A Berserk Golem

So which files would I exclude assuming it is AV related? I checked the logs and don't show anything but will try it
Unread 05-21-2012, 12:53 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Try just the whole EQ2 folder if you can.
Unread 05-22-2012, 03:23 PM
A Crazed Gnoll
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

If the problem is Win7's User Account Control you can try disabling it to see if it fixes your problem. You can access it from the control panel under User Account and Family Safety. Choose Change Your User Account Setting and move the slider to never notify and press OK to save setting.
Unread 05-23-2012, 12:51 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

On my new system I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64bit and I installed EQ2 into "C:\Games\EverQuest II". I've always installed my games into their own directory since DOS days so it's out of habit. As it would have it, that seems to be the preferred method to install it in Win 7 with the UAC.

Anyway, on this system I decided to install Microsoft Security Essentials and so far it has not prevented the game, or Drums from saving any of its settings.

On my old system, Norton AV would always get in the way of the game saving settings (especially Drums' settings). I got to where I disabled real-time protection before I started the game.
Unread 05-23-2012, 01:45 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Pretty much as Mysstie said above. If you can, you should try to install your games to a different directory. If you don't feel like relocating, you'll need to make sure what you have running on your system isn't conflicting.

Microsoft Security Essentials, Windows Defender, AVG, Avast, should all be things that don't mess with EQ2.
Unread 07-09-2012, 04:10 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I am having a problem with Drums, I have tried installing it a couple of times but the problem remains. Everytime I log in the exp window moves to the middle of my screen, its kinda a pain, if I put it where I want it and then change toons it moves back to the middle of the screen. This seems to be the only problem I am having with the UI it saves everything else. Is there a way to fix this? I do have it in User>Sonyonline Entertainment, so its in a file all by itself with admin permissions it just wont save where I want the exp window. I noticed a few posts that a virus protecter could cause issues, I am running Nortins atm and upon searching I could not find where it would let me exclude eq2 from it.
Unread 07-09-2012, 05:49 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

I have the same trouble. but it is only a couple select windows giving me issues. It isnt a Program Files win vista problem, or an AV prblem for me. And it doesnt happen only when i switch characters, but any time the UI has to reload, ei, log in, change toons, camp to self, /loadui. At the moment it seems to only be affecting 3 windows, my characters HP window, and my Merc window, which both slide strait up about 1 cm, and the warders advantage / primal ability bar, which changes back to default size ( i set the button size to 26, but it keeps going back to full 42 or whatever the default is. the rest of the settings stay the way i change them, backgrounds, frames, other windows.. all the way i want them.
Unread 07-09-2012, 07:43 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

If certain windows don't seem to be saving their positions but others are, then I suspect a messed up UI settings file. Sometime ago I had a few bags that would never remember their location. As it turned out I hit some limit on the number of XML entries for bags. It still had settings for small bags that I had quit using a long time ago.

Anyway, look in the EverQuest directory for a file that looks like (server-name)_(toon-name)_eq2_uisettings.xml and rename it or back it up somewhere and delete it. When you go back in the game it will put everything back at default positions/sizes and recreate the file.

Now, see if you can move the problematic windows and save their positions.
Unread 07-11-2012, 12:31 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

when i had set up this UI I had already gone into my eq2 folder and removed anything that had my toons names on it, thier UI, saved friends lists, everything that was <server>_<name> and what not, its just the exp bar that moves, if I could close it I would seeing as all my toons are 92/320 anyways but havn't figured out how to do that yet either. another thing that i have noticed is the click cures, they will work, then stop working, and without logging start working lol whats up with that, due to its just click cures and my toons use pots anyways i just hotbared the pots and decided its not worth screwing with.

re-installing everything, removed anything that has to do with eq2, drums or eq2maps from my comp, guess i'll see what happens then

Last edited by Scavanger : 07-11-2012 at 04:12 AM.
Unread 07-16-2012, 06:50 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

after full re-install of everything that darn exp window still refuses to stay where I put it and moves to the middle of the screen... guess I'll just have to deal with it.
Unread 07-16-2012, 02:21 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Try moving it to where you want it, and then locking that window. Camp to character select, login back to the same character. Switch to an new character and then back.

Tell me at what point it decides to move.