EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 11-16-2005, 11:52 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle

It seems to happen when I click an NPC.
I click the NPC and the screen begins glitching, blinking/flashing.
Then it begins to lock up in which I have to reboot the PC.
Unread 11-17-2005, 12:44 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razak
There is a small x button to leave a group if you hover over your name in the group window. This has been fine for me, but was difficult to see when i first started using the UI. It could use an LFG button but that would also add clutter to the screen which is not needed, just as easy to type /lfg.

go to the window settings for the chat window and use the "frame only" settings. This worked for me to turn on the scroll bars.

Thanks for pointing these things out! I agree that it would be nice to have a lfg button instead of the very small x button.

I chose frame only on the chat windows and that seemed to make the scroll bars show up, however when I hovered over them they immediately disappeared again and reverted back to their mouseover only behavior. Also when I chose frame only the lower line where you enter in text disappeared. So if I wanted to type in text in that window, I had to choose Frame and Title.

Also for some reason my default chat window will not save settings that I make to it. Specifically it will automatically add all channels I am joined to into it.

And as a minor graphical issue, the Writs tab in the Journal Window has it's graphic cut off on the right side slightly.

Thanks again for a great UI.
Unread 11-17-2005, 02:23 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

This is the first report of this.

How can I fix what I've never seen or can't reproduce...
Unread 11-17-2005, 04:37 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit
This is the first report of this.

How can I fix what I've never seen or can't reproduce...
Wish I could say, I enjoy the UI and really want to use it but it isn't workable in it's current form for me. I tried to reinstall the UI, five times total. Every time I click an NPC, it just glitches up, screen blinks and flashes but I tried to screenshot to show all the glitching and it locked up the PC.

Loaded default UI and it's running, loaded another UI and it's running so must be something with ProfitUI it doesn't like is my guess, tried it on my other PC previously and it wouldn't run correctly either, but will try again with the new version tomm when I get broadband finally back after Wilma.
Unread 11-17-2005, 05:02 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foladar
Wish I could say, I enjoy the UI and really want to use it but it isn't workable in it's current form for me. I tried to reinstall the UI, five times total. Every time I click an NPC, it just glitches up, screen blinks and flashes but I tried to screenshot to show all the glitching and it locked up the PC.

Loaded default UI and it's running, loaded another UI and it's running so must be something with ProfitUI it doesn't like is my guess, tried it on my other PC previously and it wouldn't run correctly either, but will try again with the new version tomm when I get broadband finally back after Wilma.

Ok, the way for me to help you is to work out which part is causing this.

Start by renaming a file at a time so it doesn't get used.

I.e. eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml -> eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml.backup
Unread 11-17-2005, 12:57 PM
An Undead Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foladar

You might wanna check into new video drivers and possibly check to see if you have Direct X 9.0c graphical issues almost never have anything to do with a UI piece you might also wanna check into a bios update and chipset update if u havn't already
Unread 11-17-2005, 01:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default bottom blue bar...

Great mod ...

On the screenshots on the main page for this UI your blue bar at the bottom has some statistics about avoidance/block/parry etc. I cant seem to find this anywhere built in. Is it a custom mod and do you remember the name of it?

Here is a the screenshot in question...
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...ew.php?id=3727
Unread 11-17-2005, 01:37 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by loungen
Great mod ...

On the screenshots on the main page for this UI your blue bar at the bottom has some statistics about avoidance/block/parry etc. I cant seem to find this anywhere built in. Is it a custom mod and do you remember the name of it?

Here is a the screenshot in question...
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...ew.php?id=3727
"Known issues:
* Lower stat bar no longer showing any text - I have no idea why."

I'm guessing he took it out because of that, if that's what his comment is referring to
Unread 11-17-2005, 01:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

BAH!

I'll try and read a little better next time... thanks
Unread 11-17-2005, 02:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default font sizes

Profit

well i used to use quick arial which gave me the ablity to change all of the font sizes. but with the new patches and window stylings that no longer works. I need to be able increase the size of all the fonts for the different windows. I use my hdtv as a monitor and the fonts inside all the windows such as the quest log, guild, persona everything execept the chat window and tool tips which are adjustable, is unledgable on my big screen. please help me to make the game playable again.

Ethean
Unread 11-17-2005, 04:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Great Work.

I orginally used OCD by Jaxel and by far this and OCD are the best EQ2 UI's I've seen, IMO. Since Jaxel discontinued OCD, I moved to ProfitUI and it's great.

Profit, I think your UI is equal to or superior to OCD in every aspect except for active UI zoning (or whatever its called). It is not a major impact on game play but is definitely a perk/convenience. Do you have any plans to enable chatting while zoning?

Thanks in advance,
Grateful Mystic of Guk
Unread 11-17-2005, 04:41 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoin
I orginally used OCD by Jaxel and by far this and OCD are the best EQ2 UI's I've seen, IMO. Since Jaxel discontinued OCD, I moved to ProfitUI and it's great.

Profit, I think your UI is equal to or superior to OCD in every aspect except for active UI zoning (or whatever its called). It is not a major impact on game play but is definitely a perk/convenience. Do you have any plans to enable chatting while zoning?

Thanks in advance,
Grateful Mystic of Guk
Thanks

I am sure if you want that you can download and add the the UI - sure I've seen it somewhere here...
Unread 11-17-2005, 05:02 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantu
You might wanna check into new video drivers and possibly check to see if you have Direct X 9.0c graphical issues almost never have anything to do with a UI piece you might also wanna check into a bios update and chipset update if u havn't already
I figured it might have been my graphics card but I've reinstalled any drivers possible that would deal with it, tried all other UIs and they seem to work fine, except the one I want =\
Unread 11-17-2005, 05:16 PM
A Sea Turtle

FOL.

Honestly if you are having such issues it has to do with your install, read the directions clearly and accurately. If issues are still abound then I suggest you run with the stock UI.

Profit has provided us with a unique and very nice UI, I have had no problems at all with the updates to this UI.

Keep up the good work
Unread 11-17-2005, 11:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

In previous versions the hotbar buttons each had a small text description of the keyboard command (e.g. atl-1, ctrl-1, etc.).

How do I get this small text back onto the hotkey buttons - that was a helpful feature.

Thanks!
Unread 11-17-2005, 11:59 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by labrat
FOL.

Honestly if you are having such issues it has to do with your install, read the directions clearly and accurately. If issues are still abound then I suggest you run with the stock UI.

Profit has provided us with a unique and very nice UI, I have had no problems at all with the updates to this UI.

Keep up the good work
I agree has has provided us with a unique and nice UI, and nor do I have problems with any updates.

I do have a problem though when you seem to feel the need to call me out when I suggested if there was a known solution for this problem, it has nothing to do with the installation of the UI, how would a blinking screen and glitching of the program have to do anything with the installation of the UI? Cmon, use common sense before you attempt to call someone out.
Unread 11-18-2005, 12:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Timxxl.To get the hotbar with the info you have to right click the hotbar then click on windows settings and set the Frame and Title to frame and titlebar.
Unread 11-18-2005, 06:11 AM
A Dragoon Sith

Default togglevault button

It would be nice, if you could add the togglevault button to your store.

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4091

I think that would be a nice addition.
Unread 11-18-2005, 06:16 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calain80
It would be nice, if you could add the togglevault button to your store.

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4091

I think that would be a nice addition.

hehe, have you not checked the store ???? I put it in there with the last update when I fixed the "Find" button.
Unread 11-18-2005, 10:44 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default EQII Button

Thanks again for the great UI...gameplay is much easier with it.

One question...my main EQII button is not on screen..any suggestions?

Onoer
LvL 40 Warden
Legion of Qui
Unread 11-18-2005, 11:00 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surferdogg
Thanks again for the great UI...gameplay is much easier with it.

One question...my main EQII button is not on screen..any suggestions?

Onoer
LvL 40 Warden
Legion of Qui

Try the shortcut ALT + '
Unread 11-18-2005, 01:10 PM
A Dragoon Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit
hehe, have you not checked the store ???? I put it in there with the last update when I fixed the "Find" button.
No I was at work. :P So I could not test the new version first.

But thanks for adding it. As you did not mention it in the patchnotes, I did think you didn't add it.
Unread 11-18-2005, 01:49 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Blue bar on bottom

I know its known issue stats on bottom bar dont work but whats control to just bring up the blue bar... i kidna like it with no stats as i have no backdrop on my text box so i type in teh blue
Unread 11-18-2005, 04:05 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogotsomo
I know its known issue stats on bottom bar dont work but whats control to just bring up the blue bar... i kidna like it with no stats as i have no backdrop on my text box so i type in teh blue
Right click black area, show frames and titlebar and the blue bar appears.
Unread 11-19-2005, 10:03 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Hotbars

hiyas profit. i want to be able to move my hotbars. i dont likethem on the i like my chat box there and spells beside them any way you can fix the ui to where you can move the hotbars. i can resize them but not move them. great ui btw