EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 08-15-2005, 02:10 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

I removed all the fetish stuff, images etc. you will need to install the complete fetish style/images to use their stuff.
Unread 08-15-2005, 02:45 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Noticed another thing. When you set up items for sale, in 1.3 version there is a "find it" button on that window. This is now gone, and it's a very useful button since you dont have to type in the names in the broker window, its done by automatic while having the item targetted and you click "find it".

Xarox Soulfire (Splitpaw)
Unread 08-16-2005, 10:39 AM
A Grove Wisp

Your UI kinda took over my UI, i was trying to mix and match and your UI stole alot of my fetish but left some, and also what file is the manastone one? the non text one, cuz i know there has to be an xml that contains the window somewheres.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000082.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	3421  
Unread 08-16-2005, 10:48 AM
A Griffon

Just delete the images from the images folder - take a look in the zip to find out which ones I updated.

the manastone is mainhud.character
Unread 08-16-2005, 08:49 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Unrest

Nice work, I like the sliders on the startbutton. I'm using this UI on my laptop, because it doesn't have as high as resolution as my desktop. I have one request. On the UI on my desktop there is a nightvision button (originally created by Goldi on his startbutton) that allows for good vision in dark without using a torch. Think you can add this button to yours to toggle nightvision? As I said it's on the goldi startbutton, but also can be found on the eXtreme UI.
Unread 08-17-2005, 01:03 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackgee
Nice work, I like the sliders on the startbutton. I'm using this UI on my laptop, because it doesn't have as high as resolution as my desktop. I have one request. On the UI on my desktop there is a nightvision button (originally created by Goldi on his startbutton) that allows for good vision in dark without using a torch. Think you can add this button to yours to toggle nightvision? As I said it's on the goldi startbutton, but also can be found on the eXtreme UI.

Hehe, you read my mind, this is being added today, along with a open all bags button.
Unread 08-17-2005, 01:47 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Highkeep
Thumbs Up Resist Stat

This UI is awesome.....I love it very much.
But what I find missing is the Resist Stat of my character in the Stat Bar.
Can it be included later??
Unread 08-17-2005, 02:02 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default My maps don't work

Hey there, just wondered if u had any suggestions for how to get the in-game maps to work, I get a transparent window (mouse over and the "move cursor" comes up, but dont see the map frame, window, anything) with the tab at the top that says "World" and Zone name next to it..

Thanks

Kinlo Leafeater x<Blackburrow>x
Unread 08-17-2005, 02:03 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew
Hey there, just wondered if u had any suggestions for how to get the in-game maps to work, I get a transparent window (mouse over and the "move cursor" comes up, but dont see the map frame, window, anything) with the tab at the top that says "World" and Zone name next to it..

Thanks

Kinlo Leafeater x<Blackburrow>x
Everytime you install a new UI you have to run the eq2mapupater.
Unread 08-17-2005, 02:04 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by azumi
This UI is awesome.....I love it very much.
But what I find missing is the Resist Stat of my character in the Stat Bar.
Can it be included later??
Sorry I don't know what you mean, do you have a screenshot... ?
Unread 08-17-2005, 02:19 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Highkeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit
Sorry I don't know what you mean, do you have a screenshot... ?
My meaning is that can the resist value of cold, heat, poison, magic.....etc can be included in the player/XP windows??
Unread 08-17-2005, 01:51 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Befallen
Default Quick Question

I'm interested in using the player self effects window with my current setup.

2 questions:

1. Is this attached to the startbutton? I've seen path notes for 1.4 that says you can use your own start button and want to confrm that this window is standalone.

2. Can you tell me what file/s the effects window uses? I've taken a peak at the xml and haven't found anything that looks promissing. Haven't tried the builder program yet.

//lollygagger
Unread 08-17-2005, 02:20 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollygagger
I'm interested in using the player self effects window with my current setup.

2 questions:

1. Is this attached to the startbutton? I've seen path notes for 1.4 that says you can use your own start button and want to confrm that this window is standalone.

2. Can you tell me what file/s the effects window uses? I've taken a peak at the xml and haven't found anything that looks promissing. Haven't tried the builder program yet.

//lollygagger
For the self effects I use the mainhud_player window
Unread 08-17-2005, 03:05 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

There doesn't seem to be any indicator when autoattack is on in this UI, like your name flashing red in the default player window does. Any way to work this in?
Unread 08-17-2005, 03:54 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloora
There doesn't seem to be any indicator when autoattack is on in this UI, like your name flashing red in the default player window does. Any way to work this in?
Oh, I didnt know that existed - I will look into it.
Unread 08-17-2005, 03:58 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Send a message via AIM to taco-man Send a message via MSN to taco-man Send a message via Yahoo to taco-man

i believe its an autoeffector that does it, but then i may be full of you know what but just trying to help a little
Unread 08-17-2005, 04:02 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Also it doesn't appear that the hidable shortcut labels made it to the smaller hotkey window. The normal sized hotkey window has 8/15 as its modification date, while the smaller window is from 8/11.
Unread 08-17-2005, 07:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarox
Noticed another thing. When you set up items for sale, in 1.3 version there is a "find it" button on that window. This is now gone, and it's a very useful button since you dont have to type in the names in the broker window, its done by automatic while having the item targetted and you click "find it".

Xarox Soulfire (Splitpaw)
Any word if "Find it" will be added later? Although I think thats easily fixed if you just keep that Sales Window from 1.3 instead of using the 1.4 one...
Unread 08-18-2005, 12:18 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Great work

Hi Profit,

I played with this UI for three hours now, and I must say: Great work. It's the first Complete UI that's covering 98% of my wishes. I think I will stick with it.

But there is a small problem with german locales: The bitmapped font FontArial14T does not include german special characters (like umlauts), which are quite frequent in NPC or Quest Names and Texts. I fiddled a bit to find out that I have to change the _ProfitStyles.xml to use the system default Arial font, and not the FontArial14T.xml. So take this as a hint to keep in mind, so that perhaps future versions either

a) include a hint on how to switch the font so it works in german/french etc. versions of the game with special characters

or

b) have another default font like what I did (i like the smoothed fonts a lot anyways ;-))

Best regards,
and thank you very much for your effort,
Laenny
Unread 08-18-2005, 01:11 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoboBiZARro
Any word if "Find it" will be added later? Although I think thats easily fixed if you just keep that Sales Window from 1.3 instead of using the 1.4 one...

Yes, thats back in 1.5 - it was not present in 1.4 because I removed all the "fetish" stuff.
Unread 08-18-2005, 01:12 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloora
Also it doesn't appear that the hidable shortcut labels made it to the smaller hotkey window. The normal sized hotkey window has 8/15 as its modification date, while the smaller window is from 8/11.

I didnt add them, I will ensure they are in 1.5
Unread 08-18-2005, 01:13 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laenny
Hi Profit,

I played with this UI for three hours now, and I must say: Great work. It's the first Complete UI that's covering 98% of my wishes. I think I will stick with it.

But there is a small problem with german locales: The bitmapped font FontArial14T does not include german special characters (like umlauts), which are quite frequent in NPC or Quest Names and Texts. I fiddled a bit to find out that I have to change the _ProfitStyles.xml to use the system default Arial font, and not the FontArial14T.xml. So take this as a hint to keep in mind, so that perhaps future versions either

a) include a hint on how to switch the font so it works in german/french etc. versions of the game with special characters

or

b) have another default font like what I did (i like the smoothed fonts a lot anyways ;-))

Best regards,
and thank you very much for your effort,
Laenny
Thanks, I will take a look at using the default - although I do like the feel of the 14T font.
Unread 08-18-2005, 01:14 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
i believe its an autoeffector that does it, but then i may be full of you know what but just trying to help a little
Thanks Taco, will look at that today.
Unread 08-18-2005, 02:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thank you, Profit. It's awesome work. When I showed my UI to guild mates, they asked which ui I use. So, I proudly recommended your UI.

However, I found a problem (I'm not sure if it's a bug). Whenever I use another custom/default target and impliedtarget files, 'Manastone Ready!' and Rings usage windows don't appear. But if I replace those target files with yours, they appear again. I looked into your xml files, but failed to fix. I wonder whether target files are linked with alarm files. Do you mind testing two target files? I really need that fuction, for my character is a healer like yours.

For your information, I use Drum's target/impliedtarget UI files.

Bye~

Last edited by popory : 08-18-2005 at 03:14 AM.
Unread 08-18-2005, 03:00 AM
A Griffon

If you use the clock file from 1.4 it will work - as this file I use to initialize a few of the windows.