EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 05-05-2005, 10:36 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

I wish I could say the same still trying to hunt down the problem. Btw I do hear the journal open sound before it crashes so i have to assume its finding it.
Unread 05-06-2005, 02:58 AM
A Dragoon Sith
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Hi!

First I want to thank you for your mods! I like them a lot!

But unfortunately I have a problem with you startbutton.
The first time I installed the mod I closed the Bar with the Amution. I can reopen it with the hotkey for the startbutton, but each time i hover over the normal startbutton bar it vanishes again. It does not show up at the intended position. I tried to put the bar on all corners of the screen, but it happens each time.
The clock / compass is functioning quite nice.

I use the EU-DE client. Can it be that that causes the Problem?
Unread 05-06-2005, 06:02 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Unrest
Send a message via Yahoo to Kilaer

I really like this ui, very very nice..... but I went from zoning fast to taking forever to zone. I don't know what it could be...
Unread 05-06-2005, 09:02 AM
Banned

Lightbulb Experience bar

First of all, great mod! I think I have a touch of OCD myself, so this mod really appeals to me.

One request though. I have been using an experience bar mod that has all three adventurer, artisan and guild experience bars. I really love the layout of your new experience bar in the full OCD suite. Any chance you would consider making a bar to show all three onscreen at the same time?

Keep up the great work!
Unread 05-06-2005, 09:22 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Everfrost

Jaxel,

Wondering whether I can just pull the target and impliedtarget files? Since I missmatch pieces together. When I pulled those 2 files and your image files, the bars don't fill properly. Is there another file I'm missing? I use diamond's group window, slightly modified with a thicker life/mana bar since as a healer type health is important.
Unread 05-06-2005, 01:14 PM
A Dragoon Sith

Server: Guk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollygagger
I've copied some of your peices into and existing UI mob. My question pertains to the eq2ui_mainhud_casting.xml specifically. I copied it and everything in the images folder and the casting bar shows correctly but when i cast it does not show progress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fathercat
Wondering whether I can just pull the target and impliedtarget files? Since I missmatch pieces together. When I pulled those 2 files and your image files, the bars don't fill properly. Is there another file I'm missing? I use diamond's group window, slightly modified with a thicker life/mana bar since as a healer type health is important.
I HAVE SOLVED THE BAR FILL PROBLEMS!
Appearantly all the bar fills were reaching for the Experience fill styles, so if you didnt have the experience bar from my set, nothing was filling. I have jsut fixed the problem and currently waiting for approval from the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilaer
I really like this ui, very very nice..... but I went from zoning fast to taking forever to zone. I don't know what it could be...
Unfortunately, i dont think this has anything to do with my UI, as of the recent patch I am zoning extremely slow. Because I use a functioning zoning method I can see what the game does as I zone. The zones load extremely quick, but when it gets to "Loading UI Resources" it starts to hang, then I notice that the game then blinks each one of my hotkeys, one by one until its all done. I think SOE screwed something with the programming in the recent patch. But if you want to make sure, delete eq2ui_hud_zoning.xml and see if that makes you zone any quicker. You may also want to try restarting just incase you have a memory leak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calain80
But unfortunately I have a problem with you startbutton.
The first time I installed the mod I closed the Bar with the Amution. I can reopen it with the hotkey for the startbutton, but each time i hover over the normal startbutton bar it vanishes again. It does not show up at the intended position. I tried to put the bar on all corners of the screen, but it happens each time.
Open up: eq2ui_mainhud.xml
Is <include>eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml</include> listed once or twice in that file?

Last edited by Jaxel : 05-06-2005 at 03:23 PM.
Unread 05-07-2005, 07:06 AM
A Brown Bear

Hello, Im using your startbutton mod and its really awesome
But Im running in a bug. Its the same Leks is speaking in this thread:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3776
The buttons for the custom presets arent on the right location. They are in the lower left corner and only the buttons for custorm preset one and two are accessible.

Im using a lot of mods on a german system. I tried to narrow down the problem by removing EVERYTHING beside eq2ui_mainhud.xml and eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml out of the UI folder. If I do this there is no button (no place to click at) to change the presets anymore. Seems that your mod depends on some other files for displaying the clickable buttons and there is a bug.

I hope I was able to describe the problem. Its no game-breaker (I still can use 2 of the 3 customs). Keep up the good work!
Unread 05-07-2005, 08:20 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

whelp, my crash started again.. Only when i enter my house and it give me coin.. It gives me a fatal error something like Everquest couldn't find E:\everques2\blah blah blah.. I don't have an E:\ Hard disk
dunno

Also i did a fresh reinstall of winxp pro and eq2 last night and same thing.. i'm gonna try another store window and see if it still does it... maybe its another one of my mods causing the problem, i don't know, but it didn't happen till LU8
/shrug

Last edited by Ricki : 05-07-2005 at 10:47 AM.
Unread 05-07-2005, 07:17 PM
A Brown Bear

Ok i am retarded... i lost the spell csasting bar and cannot get it back... ideas?
Unread 05-07-2005, 08:42 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
You guys are really going to have to give me a screenshot. Are you using the normal version? or the caster patch?
Im using the casterpatch version and I try to attach a screenshot.
The button for the 2nd custom preset is right below the 1st one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	2617  
Unread 05-07-2005, 10:43 PM
A Dragoon Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siosena
Im using the casterpatch version and I try to attach a screenshot.
The button for the 2nd custom preset is right below the 1st one.
Fixed. Download the new patch.
Unread 05-08-2005, 06:37 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxel
Fixed. Download the new patch.
I downloaded again the file but there is no difference at all. Is the download already updated?
Unread 05-08-2005, 08:35 AM
A Dragoon Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siosena
I downloaded again the file but there is no difference at all. Is the download already updated?
You must extract ALL the files in the patch, not just the startbutton XML.
Unread 05-08-2005, 09:34 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
You must extract ALL the files in the patch, not just the startbutton XML.
I had replaced all files except the custompreset.xml files to save my settings.
Well, I replaced these too and the buttons showed up.

BUT... the moment I save my unique settings with #VideoCompiler\eq2ui_custompreset.exe using kosmos type and I restart eq2 the button for the saved preset is in the wrong position again.
I attach a picture which shows your startbutton after I changed ingame settings, and saved them to custom preset 2.
You see all buttons are in the correct position except the one with the saved preset.

Edit: Filepaths are correct
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	2620  

Last edited by Siosena : 05-08-2005 at 09:39 AM.
Unread 05-08-2005, 10:01 AM
A Brown Bear

Im attaching my custompreset2 as a file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_custompreset2.zip (1.0 KB, 358 views)
Unread 05-08-2005, 06:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I too am having the same trouble with the custom preset positioning.
Unread 05-08-2005, 07:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I love the UI, it is the first one I really liked. But I am trying to get it to work properly using the EQ2 Maps downloadable version.

When I try to use this UI with that version of the maps, I lose my EQII button combo (custom preset?) in game. The only thing I can see of that grouping is the icon that looks like some upward shot arrows. No EQII button, none of the notes or the tradeskill stuff and such...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
~T

Last edited by Miss_Tia : 05-08-2005 at 08:01 PM.
Unread 05-08-2005, 09:34 PM
A Dragoon Sith

Okay... this is the problem... Inside the video settings XML files, they contain location parameters. Why they were set up this way is beyond me. However, when you create your own custom XML file, it overwrites the location I have programmed in for them. In order to counteract this, make sure to open your new custom XML file and replace the location with what I had original programmed in.
Unread 05-08-2005, 09:35 PM
A Brown Bear

I really like this UI, especially when it comes to window frames and new window layouts. But Jaxel, please tell me how to use your interface with the original zoning screens. I dont want to see the interface while zoning, its kinda nerve wracking for some reason. Also when I log in I see another name on my player window instead of my own name (Dryyzzt something-or-other) and that kind of annoys me. I also don't like the reduced size on the quickbars and don't particularly like the new start button.

I like everything else, the new window frames and progress bars in particular.

Jaxel, please tell me if its possible to use your interface while making the following things run like the default interface:

-First, and most important... zoning. I don't want to see the interface while zoning and I don't want to see that name "Dryyzzt" level 50 shadowknight while zoning.

-Start Button. I would like to use the original start button and although the one you created seems cool I just dont use it and have room for it in my setup.

-Quickbars. I would like to use the original size quickbars and not the smaller ones.

-I would like to use the original H.O. window. I'm just used to it and stubborn.

If I can do these things then I would really enjoy using your interface. Please let me know if its possible and how to do it. Thanks.
Unread 05-09-2005, 06:45 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Okay... this is the problem... Inside the video settings XML files, they contain location parameters. Why they were set up this way is beyond me. However, when you create your own custom XML file, it overwrites the location I have programmed in for them. In order to counteract this, make sure to open your new custom XML file and replace the location with what I had original programmed in.
I will do this. Thanks for taking your time to look into this problem.
Unread 05-09-2005, 11:23 AM
A Sea Turtle

Hi very nice mod, I like it a lot.

Was wondering if the quick arial complete mod would work with this?

Last edited by quaror : 05-09-2005 at 04:56 PM.
Unread 05-09-2005, 11:27 AM
A Dragoon Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstorilJindrisek
-First, and most important... zoning. I don't want to see the interface while zoning and I don't want to see that name "Dryyzzt" level 50 shadowknight while zoning.

-Start Button. I would like to use the original start button and although the one you created seems cool I just dont use it and have room for it in my setup.

-Quickbars. I would like to use the original size quickbars and not the smaller ones.

-I would like to use the original H.O. window. I'm just used to it and stubborn.
Delete the following files:
eq2ui_hud_zoning.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_heroic.xml
Unread 05-09-2005, 07:08 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Im a complete n00b and i cant find a way to get rid of those bottom black bars any 1 know how??
Unread 05-09-2005, 11:14 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Everfrost

Jaxel,

That caster startbutton mod is perfect. Love it, thanks for fixing the filling bar issue so I could pick and choose which parts I wanted to use. Knowing that you are sharing something that you created for yourself to use. Thanks for taking the time.
Unread 05-10-2005, 04:03 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default cant get target window to show?

Ever since I installed this UI, I cant get the target window to show? Anyone have any ideas why?