EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 04-20-2005, 06:13 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Sorry Krylosis I am not sure how to make them "stick" as I were it is not or should not even, be this UI that is causing the problem the UI uses 4 hotbars in the default set up and all works fine..... Though I am sure I have read about this problem elsewhere on site reguarding 5+ hotbars.

urlryn,

The 2 windows you are seeing are part of my version of the UI one is a performance panel and the other like you say shows breath and casting.. The idea being to not use the default breath and casting bars that pop up.... You do that by right clicking on them when they do and set the sliders all the way to the left to make them transparent...

If you realy dont want my 2 windows to show then find the file called
eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml
in the BottomV8 folder and remove the part that say's

PHP Code:
OnHide="Visible=true Visible=true show_window=(MainHUD.CastBreath) show_window=(MainHUD.CastBreath) show_window=(MainHUD.PerLoc) show_window=(MainHUD.PerLoc)" OnShow="Visible=false Visible=false OnShow=' ' OnShow=' ' show_window=(MainHUD.CastBreath) show_window=(MainHUD.CastBreath) show_window=(MainHUD.PerLoc) show_window=(MainHUD.PerLoc)" 
Then save the file..

Find the file called
eq2ui_mainhud.xml
And take out the lines that say

PHP Code:
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_castbreath.xml</include>
<include>
eq2ui_mainhud_perloc.xml</include> 
Then save that file also no need to remove the redundant files as they will do no harm left in there.. (not with this version of the UI anyway)

Hope that helps and your the first person to ask to "loose" those 2 windows most ask how to get them to stay lol... Oh well each to their own I guess

Text on the hotbars well heres a version, with no labels at all
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.zip (1.6 KB, 487 views)

Last edited by Laffs : 04-20-2005 at 08:32 AM.
Unread 04-20-2005, 11:07 AM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Laffs, which file is / had reference to, the bit with the graphic option thingys on

I managed to remove the actual buttons, but cant find how to not have the graphic box displayed! I know I can set the background etc to invisible but I just dont want it loaded in at all.

Oh reason I dont want em is I use the SHD ON and SHD OFF options on my EQ2 start button and I rarely change stuff like graphics once Im happy with it.
Unread 04-20-2005, 11:37 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhog
Laffs, which file is / had reference to, the bit with the graphic option thingys on

I managed to remove the actual buttons, but cant find how to not have the graphic box displayed! I know I can set the background etc to invisible but I just dont want it loaded in at all.

Oh reason I dont want em is I use the SHD ON and SHD OFF options on my EQ2 start button and I rarely change stuff like graphics once Im happy with it.
My above post applies to those mentioned in it...

I dont recall you asking for anything other than info on what files I update in the future LOL

If you wanting just the performance panel gone then refering to my last post take out anything that refers to "perloc" EG: show_window=(MainHUD.PerLoc)
etc etc
Unread 04-20-2005, 01:17 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Bleh, sorry, Im gonna use the *its been a ****ty day at work* excuse. I skimmed your previous post and only caught the breathing and spell casting bars bit, which btw, I love heh.

Ok, Ill remove perloc then!
Unread 04-20-2005, 06:02 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Antonia Bayle

Is there anyway for you to have a Hotkey with just the Spell names on them. I saw the one with nothing at all above but how about with just the clicky thing that makes the spell names appear. Thanks for all the excellent work thus far.
Unread 04-20-2005, 07:36 PM
A Griffon

Yups thats easy done as well, But it a bit late here now for me to be messing with stuff lol... If you dont see it here in 15hours ish from now send me a pm to remind me lol

Unread 04-20-2005, 08:08 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

hehe thanks laffs....

the only reason i don't want them is cause we really do'nt need 2 Cast bars showing or 2 Breath bars showing up all the time.....

Was your bars supposed to replace those default ones?
Unread 04-21-2005, 12:09 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by urlryn
hehe thanks laffs....

the only reason i don't want them is cause we really do'nt need 2 Cast bars showing or 2 Breath bars showing up all the time.....

Was your bars supposed to replace those default ones?
Nah I just put my bars in there to annoy people
Unread 04-22-2005, 07:08 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

i use the bag button a lot, but every time i log out the #4,5,and 6 get placed to their default location. i have tried locking them down, but they still move back. any thoughts?
Unread 04-22-2005, 10:51 AM
A Griffon

Yeh us Ger's bag mod found here http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3382

Actualy it slipped into the last update I did, As I changed that many files slighty I forgot what was new and what wasnt lol ... so ended up pulling the file to upload directly from game UI folder and Ger's bag mod slipped its way in also, so I just added Ger to credits list yet again for the bag mod hehe....

Just download the bag from the location above and drop it in the BottomV8 folder...I will make my own again when SoE fixes the bags.

Unread 04-23-2005, 07:13 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Just downloaded version 1.6. I used the top left pet mod. When I zone it disappears. I have to hit Alt-P to bring back up the window. Is it just me ?
Unread 04-23-2005, 09:54 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikecmh
Just downloaded version 1.6. I used the top left pet mod. When I zone it disappears. I have to hit Alt-P to bring back up the window. Is it just me ?
Sorry I am not sure as I dont have a toon that has a pet lol , but I guess your pet is surposed to zone with you now... so I guess you should still see the window? ... does the window appear again when the pet takes damage or you tell it to do somthing? without pressing alt+p ?
Unread 04-23-2005, 10:06 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Sorry I am not sure as I dont have a toon that has a pet lol , but I guess your pet is surposed to zone with you now... so I guess you should still see the window? ... does the window appear again when the pet takes damage or you tell it to do somthing? without pressing alt+p ?
I'm a Coercer. I don't have a pet all the time, only when I charm one. Maybe its something in the eq2.ini thing ? Something that will make it stay up 4-ever. You can try it yourself, have the window up and zone. It should vanish.
Unread 04-23-2005, 10:15 PM
A Griffon

Oks i will try that and see what happens.... I do know if you have the window as visible when you log in it will set to false (eg . hidden , if you dont have a pet) I think these are issues out of my control, EG: down to SoE DD maybe /shrug, I cant force it under another custom window as the proper DD (dynamic data) wont show up :/
Unread 04-24-2005, 11:10 AM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Blackburrow
Default A few questions.

Laffs, GREAT work once again.. love the neon color. I am looking at replacing the UI with the new one. but I have a few simple questions. I'm tired of re-making all my UI chat selections, just curious if I can still use perditions ui setting files? or what can i do to copy the information to a new UI file? =)

Also, I run in 1600 by 1200, does this new mod have the ability to hit 1600 by 1200? =) haven't downloaded it yet so i'm not sure =) thanks

Thanks again for your work and TIME! hehe

Krylosis
Unread 04-24-2005, 11:29 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krylosis
Laffs, GREAT work once again.. love the neon color. I am looking at replacing the UI with the new one. but I have a few simple questions. I'm tired of re-making all my UI chat selections, just curious if I can still use perditions ui setting files? or what can i do to copy the information to a new UI file? =)

Also, I run in 1600 by 1200, does this new mod have the ability to hit 1600 by 1200? =) haven't downloaded it yet so i'm not sure =) thanks

Thanks again for your work and TIME! hehe

Krylosis
Thanks for the praise

Yes you can use Perdi's settings files or if your own is set up for this style of UI then just use that..

You may have to persist with the performace panel and the casting window a bit to get them to stick but if you read though this thread you will find info on how to do that in fact the info must be in about 10 places now I have typed it in that many times hehe

Now 1600 x 1200 as far as I know YES

I find it real hard to work with that rez I got a 21in monitor but all the stuff is so small its a pain to set up and work with lol

GL
Unread 04-27-2005, 01:14 AM
A Brown Bear

There are values that still don't report on the Resist/Skill Area ie: piercing. Is there something we can do about that? I have some knowledge of the UI Builder, but not like what you and Perdition has done..Good Job!!
Unread 04-27-2005, 07:03 AM
A Griffon

SoE broke / canceled the dynamic data for those values last patch.. I have no idea if they plan to fix them or not (soe didnt actualy intend for them to be used anyway far as I know) So for now I have left them in to see if they get enabled again, same as the group % values they are in the group window but I just have them hidden until this data becomes avalible as well at some stage maybe they did say they were going to do this but it didnt happen last patch
Unread 04-27-2005, 07:15 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown

Quote:
SoE broke / canceled the dynamic data for those values last patch.. I have no idea if they plan to fix them or not (soe didnt actualy intend for them to be used anyway far as I know) So for now I have left them in to see if they get enabled again, same as the group % values they are in the group window but I just have them hidden until this data becomes avalible as well at some stage maybe they did say they were going to do this but it didnt happen last patch
if this doesnt happen in p8 (did that get pushed to test yet) i saw we all post on SOE and raised holy uproar. Since they are letting down a community, and smed says they are upping community relations. pah!

strike! strike! strike!
Unread 04-27-2005, 07:42 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default hotbars...

HI, loaded the uI and it looks great, but when i started moving windows around to accomodate my play style i noticed that i could only resize/move one of the hotbars..the buttons on the others worked just fine but i couldnt move thm at all...i made sure they were all unlocked under window settings..an ideas?
Unread 04-27-2005, 11:28 AM
A Griffon

You need "frame and titlebar" enabled on them to move them..

DC,

I dont know if the group % is working on the test server or not I never group on there lol, But will try soon as I get chance
Unread 04-27-2005, 02:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Unhappy Gettin hotbars stuck

I seem to be having a problem where if you move the hotbars to a certain size, you can no longer move or resize them. Has anyone else had this problem? For me, the resizing on mouseover option only occurs like 1/4" away from the hotbar buttons. So if that distance isn't there, I can't do anything anymore. So now my bar is stuck in a certain spot with no way to close, shape, or move it.
Unread 04-27-2005, 02:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Alright, so now I see an answer already posted. So I'll follow with another question. How do you get missing windows up? Looking at the screenshot, I'm missing quite a few, and don't know how to get them up. Like the ability to have Tradeskill and Adventure XP up at once. Also, the Mini-Item bar, the Vertical Power Bar, The Big Target Bar, The (CSM, Social, Map) bar, etc
Unread 04-27-2005, 02:59 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberj
I seem to be having a problem where if you move the hotbars to a certain size, you can no longer move or resize them. Has anyone else had this problem? For me, the resizing on mouseover option only occurs like 1/4" away from the hotbar buttons. So if that distance isn't there, I can't do anything anymore. So now my bar is stuck in a certain spot with no way to close, shape, or move it.
Sorry but you gotta be more specific than just "a certain size" Like I need to know what it is EG 6x6 , 4x12 or whatever.. There is a 2x2 padding around the icons you can position the pointer in there and get the bar to move or above or to the left of the window, But you gotta have "frame and titlebar" enabled or they aint going to move anywhere lol.... Failing that if you cant find the hotspots, Scroll down or up to another bank in that bar window where you dont have an icon slot filled you can move via that empty slot..
Unread 04-27-2005, 03:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Sorry but you gotta be more specific than just "a certain size" Like I need to know what it is EG 6x6 , 4x12 or whatever.. There is a 2x2 padding around the icons you can position the pointer in there and get the bar to move or above or to the left of the window, But you gotta have "frame and titlebar" enabled or they aint going to move anywhere lol.... Failing that if you cant find the hotspots, Scroll down or up to another bank in that bar window where you dont have an icon slot filled you can move via that empty slot..

Sorry, this was a repeat question. Basically it was the same problem as the other person where I couldn't move the bar. But it was only after I resized the bar and eliminated the padding that I couldn't move it. By fixing the Title/Frame option, I am able to move it/resize it again. Now the only problem I'm having is coming up with the missing windows.