Default Laffs alt Perdition Bottom TyeJae

Waiting approval....

Post bugs / comments here please
Unread 04-11-2005, 03:00 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default hello this is a nice mod and im glad that you took over for perdition

hello laff
i just want to say that i was a fan of perditions work and im glad that you have junmped in while he/she is away

i am having a problem with the interface though. not sure what it is but i shall explain best i can.

the ui loads just fine and i can wonder the world freely. but when i attempt to attack somthing it drops me back to the desktop. i have tried 8 times and it does the same on all of the presets that you have for the graphics. not sure why.

another thing is all of the right click options are gone. if i right click on a harvest node a small skinny blackish grey rectangle shows up with nothing in it. it does this for all things you can click on. mpbs, npcs and pcs

other than these two things the ui is fantastic

if you need any more information let me know ill post whatever you need.
Unread 04-11-2005, 03:25 AM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skife
the ui loads just fine and i can wonder the world freely. but when i attempt to attack somthing it drops me back to the desktop. i have tried 8 times and it does the same on all of the presets that you have for the graphics. not sure why.
Are you using eq2.ini to load the UI, or typing /loadui? Never type /loadui. It makes the game crash when you attack something.
Unread 04-11-2005, 11:17 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default hey

i am usung the included eq2.ini file. i have tried reversing the entries as well.

it is wiered. all other ui's use work ok fenix for my finger woggler, fetishnightfall for my ranger. tyajae has worked in the past. so im not sure.

i have never used the /loadui command. i have multiple eq2.ini files for each interface that i rename when i play each character. and they all seem to work just fine.

if there is any other information you might need let me know ill be sure to post it
Unread 04-11-2005, 11:31 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Beta 1

HM.. i have a Problem ..

When i will played with your UI my EQ crashed after loading. After i deleted eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml the UI works without a crash ..
But now i havent only the Original Maps .. anyone an idea it will help ?
Unread 04-11-2005, 11:42 AM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Hi,

Very strange, I will look into this later one when I get to play myself, Somthing I had noticed was the the hotspot for the right click on some things has been reduced but thats just happened after update 6 (well I think I have only just noticed lastnight).... Anything that you right click on in the playing area has nothing to do with the mod...

Like I say I will look into it anyways..

There is one new issue I have found that if you try to drag and drop somthing onto the mini inventory at the top of the screen that now crashes to desktop, But you can drag items out of there and double click on them to equip item from there (thats the whole purpose of it anyways well for me lol to switch weapons quickly).... So thats another thing I need to look into also.

May I ask that you can double check at your end that all the files are in the right places and you are using the right .ini files for char settings etc... You probably done this all ready, But wont harm to re-check and let me know the results thanks

*EDIT*

How did I miss this !!

Quote:
i have tried 8 times and it does the same on all of the presets that you have for the graphics. not sure why.
The 3 Profiles I have included are as follows

Profile 1 = "MY PERSONAL SETTINGS" As stated you will need to use the Preset Parser to re-make this file based on your own settings (even if this is the only profile you change)

Profile 2 = "HIGH PERFORMANCE"

Profile 3 = "HIGH QUALITY" for screenshots etc

Sorry I know my set of instructions on the download page are not very clear,

You will need to make Profile 1 based on your own settings you use that is probably your problem... Keep me posted as to if this is the problem or not Thanks

Last edited by Laffs : 04-11-2005 at 01:08 PM.
Unread 04-11-2005, 11:48 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypselon
HM.. i have a Problem ..

When i will played with your UI my EQ crashed after loading. After i deleted eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml the UI works without a crash ..
But now i havent only the Original Maps .. anyone an idea it will help ?
Lol... Sorry I didnt make it clear enough that you need to run the eq2 map mod after you install this UI... All maps and everything was in there but the upload for this site was way to big so I had to strip nearly all the maps etc out of there..

Going to remove map mod etc from next update... Then it is optional if you install it or not...

Sorry about this.. thought I was making things a bit easier but aparently not lol
Unread 04-11-2005, 06:59 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default ....

keeps crashing my game...and no right click
Unread 04-11-2005, 07:35 PM
A Griffon

Default Update

There is an update to it in downloads now that should fix the crashing problem....And probably the right click as well

Delete the old BottomV8 folder before you put the new in though as if not you will get problems again

No need to change chars settings files or the eq2.ini file
Unread 04-11-2005, 09:19 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Send a message via AIM to Theramor Send a message via MSN to Theramor

For some reason, this UI defaults to having you in 3 chat channels which I don't need to be in...

qeynos cleric
qeynos high elf
qeynos priest

I'd rather have the channels I'm used to being in slot 1 and 2.

Is there a way to change that? Even after I get everything set up, my channels are still tacked on to the end even after I camp out with the rest of the setting done.

T
Unread 04-11-2005, 09:21 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default just to let you know

the update that you released fixed all of my problems. fantastic. works great and looks good. thanks for the quick fix

i have always use tyejae for fighter class, fenix for finger wigglers and fetsh for scout class.
Unread 04-11-2005, 10:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default problem with your ui..

I am unabley to leave or delet your channels you have cause i simple cannot join them anyway you can make a ui_servername_chartername. profile with out being in your channel kinda sucks typing /4 /5/6 to talk in mine. thx
Unread 04-12-2005, 11:50 AM
A Griffon

Skife,

Thanks pleased to hear that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theramor
For some reason, this UI defaults to having you in 3 chat channels which I don't need to be in...

qeynos cleric
qeynos high elf
qeynos priest

I'd rather have the channels I'm used to being in slot 1 and 2.

Is there a way to change that? Even after I get everything set up, my channels are still tacked on to the end even after I camp out with the rest of the setting done.

T
Just make a High Elf priest problem sloved

Quote:
I am unabley to leave or delet your channels you have cause i simple cannot join them anyway you can make a ui_servername_chartername. profile with out being in your channel kinda sucks typing /4 /5/6 to talk in mine. thx
Ditto lmao

You can remove / reset the channels in the game options likes....

But I am going to make a new "server_name" .ini anyways, without those chat settings etc......

The reason being that I used one of my own with nothing taken out to start with was to make sure that the casting / perf panel shows up as they should as if they hadnot I would have too play with the settings again..... Therefore way I see it would be double work, Much better that I just strip out stuff untill either it is how it should be (basic) or untill somthing breaks...

Thats my logic anyway.... It used to work just fine with vaccum cleaners when I was a small boy... Didnt impress my mother much likes.... Also around that perioid I found out that electrical current could make you fly!!! if you touch the right wire ..... But even that didnt hurt my backside as much as when my mother found out that I had made a "hybrid" out of her replacement vaccum cleaner as well
Ah well guess thats what your parents get for leaving screwdrivers etc within reach

But thats another story lol

Yeh yeh... oks I will shut up and go do that .ini file now .
Unread 04-12-2005, 12:39 PM
A Griffon

Default NEW .ini

Oks here it is, "right click" and choose save on the attachment at the bottom here... Then rename to your server name and chars name and take out the (1280-1024)....

I need feedback on this please all !!! In the form of,

Yes it works fine...
OR
No "X" is still happening....

If all good then I will put it in the main download.

Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip server_charname_eq2_uisettings(1280-1024).zip (2.1 KB, 708 views)
Unread 04-12-2005, 02:15 PM
A Coastal Crab

how do I setup the skin so its in the "minimal" setting? (I saw this is screenshots of the original perdition skin). The default setup takes up too much of the screen... I really like this UI but its screen eating ability is putting me off somewhat.
Unread 04-12-2005, 02:26 PM
A Griffon

The window options in each individual window "None" , "Frame only" and "frame and titlebar" .... play with them all then you will manage to gain possibly 30% more area..

This file attached here is for Arowen to use its just more char settings files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip char_settings.zip (6.6 KB, 633 views)
Unread 04-12-2005, 05:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

laff your channels are still in that new setting you told use to download lol
Unread 04-12-2005, 08:07 PM
A Griffon

Try this one.....
Attached Files
File Type: zip server_charname_eq2_uisettings.zip (1.1 KB, 645 views)

Last edited by Laffs : 04-12-2005 at 08:45 PM.
Unread 04-12-2005, 09:29 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Well now the channels are gone but we got new problems with the target window not in the right spot same goes with the presect button up top by the chat box.. Do you hate me yet lol

Last edited by madpuppy : 04-12-2005 at 09:31 PM.
Unread 04-12-2005, 10:08 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Is there any way to set the custom graphics options to your personal settings? I love the idea of changing the settings based on the zone but your settings are completely different from mine, and when you reverse them it reverses them to a different setting then it was originally at (for example the shading, which I have set at 60, goes from -1 to 10).

Also you are getting closer with the UI settings but not quite . The channels are gone but now the positions on most everything is messed up, and no matter how hard I try I can't get them in the right positions. are you sure this one is for 1280 by 1024?

Last edited by Taelren : 04-12-2005 at 10:32 PM.
Unread 04-13-2005, 07:45 AM
A Griffon

There is instructions on how to change the presets on the download page, Or for a more in depth version look up Kosmos performance panel as they both work exactly the same....

As for the char settings, I deleted all of mine from the eq2 folder, deleted recent.ini also deleted all my custom UI folders, And then DOWNLOADED the UI from here (I didnt use the char settings files included with it) Logged in the island and set it all up at 1280x1024 , Had to camp twice to get the panel and the casting box to "stick" , The trick with the target is toggle "alt+t" you should only have to do this once.. If the panel and casting box dont show toggle "alt+u" , ditto

If your panel etc is not in the right spot then it is your Widescreen letterbox that is the problem make sure its set at "cl_letter_box_amount 0.057500" in your eq2_recent.ini ....... That is somthing that I could set for you all in the eq2.ini , but not sure if the recent.ini would overide the setting, It probably would...

Somtime's you do have to help yourself to an extent, It is impossible to make a char setting file that will be compatable with everybodys set up thats when you gotta do a bit of re-positioning of things yourself......

The nature of some of the windows in this mod are different to other UI's thats why you could say "Well I downloaded, Mickey Mouse's Uber UI, And used his settings and it worked fine at x,x , But why don't yours?"

Comprendi ?

Post me your chars settings file and I will take a look see what it does on my system.

Last edited by Laffs : 04-13-2005 at 07:47 AM.
Unread 04-13-2005, 12:14 PM
A Griffon

Default Shader

Here is the panel with the shader set from 0 - 60 for you Taelren..

Just unzip and drop it in the BottomV8 folder.
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_mainhud_performancepanel.zip (926 Bytes, 721 views)

Last edited by Laffs : 04-13-2005 at 01:12 PM.
Unread 04-13-2005, 10:37 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Requested features

First I'd like to say this is the most polished looking UI I've seen. Up to this point I've been using the Fetish UI and although it had nice features it did not feel like a total UI like yours does. What I would love would be a merging of some great features found in Fetish into yours.

The "Find It" feature that fetish has in the Trader/Broker Inventory is awesome, and really saves time when setting up your vendor. Please add/copy this.

I love the entire tradeskill setup of fetish, and your UI lacks a custom one. Could you just copy the Fetish one and make it work with yours?
Unread 04-14-2005, 06:32 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baelzharon
First I'd like to say this is the most polished looking UI I've seen. Up to this point I've been using the Fetish UI and although it had nice features it did not feel like a total UI like yours does. What I would love would be a merging of some great features found in Fetish into yours.

The "Find It" feature that fetish has in the Trader/Broker Inventory is awesome, and really saves time when setting up your vendor. Please add/copy this.

I love the entire tradeskill setup of fetish, and your UI lacks a custom one. Could you just copy the Fetish one and make it work with yours?
Adding in a "find it" feature shouldnt be to difficult to do....

I have been working on changeing the tradeskill windows... But trying to clear up this chars settings issue that some people seem to be having before moving on..

As for using fetish windows, without looking most of the fetish mods use there own skins / buttons etc, So you would have to add those into the images folder and then edit the relevant .xml files to add in the <include> statements for fetish stuff to work and remain compatability still...

So yes it can be done, but if you dont have much exp with SoE xml files and what one's need changing and the one's that dont then you will quickly break the UI lol

Unread 04-14-2005, 07:06 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown
Send a message via Yahoo to dc_roenfanz

There is the TyeJae Night Steel mod by Aeeolog ( i think) that mixes TyeJae and Fetish Nighfall into a good mix. I believe its based off of Aalwien's V2, as opposed to perditions bottom styles.

Not to steal Laff's thunder or anything, I'm just sayin SOMEONE mixed the stuff.