EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 02-20-2019, 05:24 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Unkown
Default Completely lost

I haven't played the game in a VERY long time and it seems things got a lot more complex when it went F2P with UI's. I came back and found I couldn't resize my UI to match my large resolutions so I went researching.

I installed DarqUI, got the Large window versions of stuff. Told it to setup all of my characters. I logged in and no ui is loaded, confused I read around and i see that apparently i have to do a /loadui in game. I selected DarqUI and it looks as I expect it to with the colors, but none of the frames are there. Nothing seems to be laid out as it's supposed to be. Big frame with Fervor, Implied Target frame randomly placed. UI isn't matching much of the screenshots at all.

What have i done wrong?
Unread 02-21-2019, 08:23 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

DarqUI does not rearrange your frames, it uses your own current layout. The assumption is that you already have everything laid out like you want prior to installing the UI.

If you allowed the setup utility to install everything automatically, DarqUI will be set as the default UI. If you set up manually, go to the Files page of the utility and click Make this UI the default. If it says Stop using this UI as the default it means DarqUI is already the default.

Unread 02-25-2019, 12:00 AM
A Grove Wisp

Darqwood,

Does that mean that there are no layouts for say like 1920x1080 that will put things in the correct location for us? :P
Unread 02-25-2019, 03:23 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Crushbone

Just reposting the suggestion that I made to you on discord, so that others might benefit from it who encounter a similar issue.

You could just reset the whole UI to default and then start to move things where you like them.
I don't mean /loadui, I mean Options -> User Interface -> Game Windows -> Reset Location for All Windows then press Reset.
You might want to make a copy of your uisettings file beforehand in case you hate the default settings.

Disclaimer: If you find spelling mistakes, be proud, grab a cookie and then spent a thought about me having german as my mothertongue

Last edited by Pijotre : 02-25-2019 at 08:22 AM.
Unread 02-25-2019, 07:54 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by fostot View Post
Darqwood,

Does that mean that there are no layouts for say like 1920x1080 that will put things in the correct location for us? :P

There are no preset layouts, since everyone has their own idea of what works best for them. DarqUI custom windows are generally the same size as their default counterparts, so the transition from Default to DarqUI should be a smooth one for the normal-size UI. If you are using the large version there will be a little bit of adjusting on the persistent components -- Player, Target, Implied Target, etc.

If things seem really out of control, you can try Pijotre's suggestion to reset.

Unread 02-27-2019, 05:35 PM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pijotre View Post
Just reposting the suggestion that I made to you on discord, so that others might benefit from it who encounter a similar issue.

You could just reset the whole UI to default and then start to move things where you like them.
I don't mean /loadui, I mean Options -> User Interface -> Game Windows -> Reset Location for All Windows then press Reset.
You might want to make a copy of your uisettings file beforehand in case you hate the default settings.
Thanks again Pijotre, that is what fixed me up. I was able to reset all my ui elements to default and now i have it all sexified! Thanks to Darqwood to for such an absolutely gorgeous UI!