running Vista Home Premium 64,
1. Download the auto updating version
2. Open the Zip File
3. Run the 888kb application
4. Click Next to Continue
5. Choose the path C:\Program Files\Everquest II or C:\Program Files\Everquest II\UI ? A read me would be nice. And no it doesnt automatically chose the path because where ever I pick is where it goes. Ive tried both and both have failed. Anyway moving on. Chose UI. Side Note, Im also using ProfitUI
7. Finish/Run the updater
8. New Window Pops up, "Select your everquest2 exe folder" -->EQ2-->UI-->EQ2 Map Updater--->EQ2 Map Updater, 19.7 MB Update proceeds with auto launch selected. 565 Zones/Maps updated
"There was an error trying to launch Everquest 2, please open Everquest 2 manually"
Ok fine not the end of the world, but definitely a red flag.
9. Run EQ2 Manually
10. Log in, no POI's just the normal stock POI's from the game.
I wanted to give a detailed explanation of what is going on so that I can receive the best advice.
Strange thing is I used this mod for about 2 years and never had an issue with it in XP, then again that was 2 years ago and I think you had to create a new folder for it back then. Anyway its a great mod and Id love to get it up and running again. Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance.