A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Not Working

running Vista Home Premium 64,

1. Download the auto updating version
2. Open the Zip File
3. Run the 888kb application
4. Click Next to Continue
5. Choose the path C:\Program Files\Everquest II or C:\Program Files\Everquest II\UI ? A read me would be nice. And no it doesnt automatically chose the path because where ever I pick is where it goes. Ive tried both and both have failed. Anyway moving on. Chose UI. Side Note, Im also using ProfitUI
6. Install
7. Finish/Run the updater
8. New Window Pops up, "Select your everquest2 exe folder" -->EQ2-->UI-->EQ2 Map Updater--->EQ2 Map Updater, 19.7 MB Update proceeds with auto launch selected. 565 Zones/Maps updated

"There was an error trying to launch Everquest 2, please open Everquest 2 manually"

Ok fine not the end of the world, but definitely a red flag.

9. Run EQ2 Manually
10. Log in, no POI's just the normal stock POI's from the game.

I wanted to give a detailed explanation of what is going on so that I can receive the best advice.

Strange thing is I used this mod for about 2 years and never had an issue with it in XP, then again that was 2 years ago and I think you had to create a new folder for it back then. Anyway its a great mod and Id love to get it up and running again. Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance.
Unread 03-18-2009, 05:08 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucellin View Post
8. New Window Pops up, "Select your everquest2 exe folder" -->EQ2-->UI-->EQ2 Map Updater--->EQ2 Map Updater, 19.7 MB
That doesn't sound like your eq2 folder to me. Pick your eq2 folder instead and it works.
Unread 03-18-2009, 09:47 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Extracted the exe (EQ2MAP-Updater-1.2.3-Setup) to C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest II run the setup, it wants to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\EQ2MAP Updater but Im told to put it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest II then it goes to yet another path selection once again I select C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest II run it, it goes through the Download and Updates and fails to launch, still no maps with POIs
Unread 03-19-2009, 12:29 AM
EQ2MAP Developer
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

Save the updater in My Documents, open the zip file and run the installer, leave the install path is it is, don't try to install it in your everquest 2 folder.

If all is well it should get the eq2 path from regestry now, if not it might ask you for the path to everquest2.exe file in you everquest II folder.

If you like to install ProfitUI, do it before you run the MAP updater.
Unread 03-19-2009, 01:10 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

I found out what the problem was, it was conflicting with Profit UI. I uninstalled both mods, and re dowloaded eq2maps and all was well, I had the POIs and all the maps for instances. I reinstalled Profit UI and eq2maps stopped working again, so now I just need to find out from profit what the deal is. Thanks to everyone that posted feedback.
Unread 03-19-2009, 02:30 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

as jnils explained, you should have installed ProfitUI first. Gotta read what people say.

Anyway, running the eq2map updater should be enough. If that doesn't work click on options on the EQ2MAP updater and select ProfitUI as your UI directory.
Unread 03-20-2009, 01:21 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Got it all working now, thanks for the help. Anything I should know about ACT?