EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 07-24-2008, 12:22 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Antonia Bayle
Post Profit + EQ2Maps + POIFinder (Guide)

Hope you guys don't mind me posting a guide here. I strongly feel that Profit is the best UI, EQ2 shouldn't be played without EQ2Maps and EQ2Maps is nothing but a bunch of dots that you waste your time mousing over without POIFinder; so this combo makes it all good. I've had to repeat myself so many times to so many people about how to set this all up that I finally decided to make a guide for it, so here goes.
  1. Make sure Java is up to date. You can do this by visiting: http://www.java.com/getjava/
  2. Install Profit Updater. You can do this by visiting: http://updater.pala.de/ and clicking the 'Install ProfitUI Updater' link. This will place a shortcut on your desktop. Run it and let it download all the files for the user interface. When you first run the updater, there is a chance that you will need to set the Everquest II folder path; to do this click the 'Settings' menu and click 'File paths', then click 'Choose' and point it to the folder usually located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest II if you have a 64 bit operating system or simply C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II if you have a 32 bit operating system.
  3. Install EQ2Maps Updater. You can do this by visiting: EQ2Interface - EQ2Maps and clicking the 'Download' button.
  4. Once it has installed, run it. Uncheck the 'Autolaunch EQ2' checkbox and click 'Options'. Make sure you have the 'Update on open' checkbox checked and the path is set to your Everquest II directory, just like you did in Profit's settings. Change the 'UI Directory' setting to 'Profit UI' and click 'OK' then close and reopen the EQ2Maps updater.
  5. Install (optionally) the Hide Fog plugin for EQ2Maps. This lets you hide the black overlay that occurs on maps in areas that you have not explored yet. You can get it here: Plugin 9. Simply download this file and copy/paste it under your Everquest II directory in the following path: EverQuest II\UI\ProfitUI\eq2map; for instance mine is located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\ProfitUI\eq2map.
  6. Install POIFinder Updater. You can get it here: EQ2Interface - POIFinder.
  7. After installing POIFinder Updater, run it. You will need to click the 'Settings' button and set the path just like you have done before. You will then need to change the 'UI' to 'Profit UI' and check the 'Auto Update and Exit' checkbox.

Now, if everything went smoothly you should be able to do the following on a normal day.
  1. Run ProfitUI Updater; download and click the exit button.
  2. Run EQ2Maps Updater; wait for it to download and then close it.
  3. Run POIFinder Updater; it will close itself when finished.
  4. Run Everquest II.

You should now have an awesome setup.

Using EQ2Maps/POIFinder:

EQ2Maps replaces your default map window, so simply hit the 'M' key on your keyboard. POIFinder can be accessed by opening the map window and clicking the little box in the bottom left corner of the map. You can then click on a point of interest and a waypoint will be set for you.

Possible Issues:
  • ProfitUI Updater isn't installing or erroring in some way. Update Java.
  • POIFinder isn't running or erroring in some way. Run Windows Update and install the .NET updates.

Last edited by shotokan : 07-24-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Unread 07-24-2008, 05:45 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Nice. Details on how to install ProfitUI and EQ2MAP with it are in the FAQ or even linked directly in my sig.

Note that you can chain the various updaters, at least EQ2MAP updater and ProfitUI updater allow you to configure what program to start next.

shotokan, if you want to be a guest write for the FAQ be my guest, you have a good style of writing instructions. I know a couple of windows are not yet discussed therein yet and some existing entries could probably do with an update or amendments.
Unread 07-29-2008, 08:48 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Nice. Details on how to install ProfitUI and EQ2MAP with it are in the FAQ or even linked directly in my sig.

Note that you can chain the various updaters, at least EQ2MAP updater and ProfitUI updater allow you to configure what program to start next.

shotokan, if you want to be a guest write for the FAQ be my guest, you have a good style of writing instructions. I know a couple of windows are not yet discussed therein yet and some existing entries could probably do with an update or amendments.
I'm going to have to decline your offer, because we're quitting EQ2; my account actually already closed. We just couldn't find a suitable guild; they were either full of jerks, tards, didn't raid or was hardcore raiders and expected you to worship them and devote your life to them.
Unread 07-29-2008, 09:12 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Ah that's a shame, but you gotta fill all that free time now, FAQ writing would be just the thing for you. j/k
Unread 07-29-2008, 09:32 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Nektulos

what server shotokan?
Unread 07-29-2008, 04:28 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rythus View Post
what server shotokan?
Crushbone
Unread 07-31-2008, 09:53 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Thanks!

I just want to thank you for the step by step instructions! I do not understand any of this stuff ... it works or it doesn't and haven't been able to install Profit prior to this...I know - DUMMY. It all works now and I really appreciate the easy to follow instructions! Thanks! So sorry to hear you were unable to find a suitable guild and quit the game...we need peeps like you!