EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 06-30-2020, 08:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default must be owner or trustee: message when logging in

when logging in (to Guild house) i get about 20 messages in my chat box: "You must be an owner or trustee of the house to do that." fortunately I'm neither of that in my guild, but what is it trying do. I certainly staying away from my houses till i find out what its trying to do.

'you must
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	whats this.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	9165  
Unread 07-01-2020, 08:46 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

There are two places where DarqUI responds to you zoning:
  1. If you are tracking harvestables with the Tracking window and you change zones, the Tracking window gets closed.
  2. If you are using the Stat Monitor with audible alerts, zoning will shut down the audible alerts for a few seconds.
Does either one of these apply to your DarqUI setup? Neither should result in text being sent into chat, but if there is a misconfiguration it would be in one of them. The game is interpreting extraneous chat text as a valid command which results in the messages.

Try unloading DarqUI and see if the messages appear when using the Default UI. To do this, exit the game and open the utility to the Files page. Click "Stop using this UI as the default." Restart the game and try zoning in to your guild hall. Please post again with your results. To go back to using DarqUI, click the same link in the utility. It will now say "Start using this UI as the default."

Unread 07-01-2020, 09:08 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default thank for your quick reply

I'm a total newb so I don't think I'm tracking harvestables, I have used the harvest helper that auto gathers/mines when you run over nodes if thats what you mean?

I don't even know what the Stat Monitor is so I don't think thats it.

Just to clarify this doesnt happen when i enter and exit the guild hall: but when I camp to desktop and later restart the game. Not sure if thats considered zoning. However I will try logging in a out a few times with and without DarqUI.
Unread 07-01-2020, 10:30 AM
A Griffon

I did some checking and I think I see where the issue is coming from -- a very unlikely place. There is a new version of one of the files on the server. Check for updates with the utility, restart the game and try logging in to your guild hall. Please post again with your results.

Unread 07-01-2020, 11:05 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default well toggling between UI's work

When DarqUI is engaged it consistently gives the "You must be an owner or trustee of the house to do that." and its a lot more than 20 lines of it more like 75+. When I switch back to the stock UI everythings normal. I'll keep playing with it. If you have any more suggestions, I'll be glad to try them.
Unread 07-01-2020, 11:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default oops read your message after posting mine

will try for the update now
Unread 07-01-2020, 11:40 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up Yay!

Well it took a few back and forths, I guess I had the Utility open on my desktop and it wasnt seeing the new file. I was hitting the update button and nothing was happening. But after my 3rd or 4th login I decided to close the utility and reopen it and then it saw the update. As I said newb. But alls well now

Thanx a lot for your amazingly fast fix
Unread 07-01-2020, 12:38 PM
A Griffon

You're right, since your utility was open when the file was changed, you needed to close and reopen it to refresh the list. You've done everything right, and I appreciate your posting about it. It's very likely helped other players who might have the same issue.

Unread 07-01-2020, 06:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default my pleasure

glad to be your canary... great product you have here. I look forward to exploring all its capabilities.